+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's the score with Rambo?

So what's the score with Rambo?

can't see him playing again somehow which is a shame.

Re: So what's the score with Rambo?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    can't see him playing again somehow which is a shame.
    What for Wales or at all ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    What for Wales or at all ??
    for us

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    for us
    That would be a bit of a shocker if true??

I’d say we will see a few more cameo performances from him for city before the end of the season then he’ll retire.

Unfortunately it’s probably best for him really

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’d say we will see a few more cameo performances from him for city before the end of the season then he’ll retire.

And the best for us too really

He's hardly kicked a ball for us

The whole signing like so many others has been a let down and cost us a lot in wages

Having him on the bench tonight was ridiculous.

What was the point of picking Ramsey for such an important game if there was no intent to use him? He’s either fit enough to contribute, in which case he should have been used given how Wales struggled to create chances, or he isn’t in which case, he should never have been in the party in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What was the point of picking Ramsey for such an important game if there was no intent to use him? He’s either fit enough to contribute, in which case he should have been used given how Wales struggled to create chances, or he isn’t in which case, he should never have been in the party in the first place.
    And now it appears brooks who has been unwell and hasn't trained us in a better position to play than Ramsey ? Bizarre for me

Maybe they felt the experience and influence on the squad was worth having him involved

Maybe they felt the experience and influence on the squad was worth having him involved
    Did you get tickets ?

He's finished.

Absolutely, it makes no sense.

In that case, get him to the camp to be with the squad, but don’t name him in the squad and don’t stick him on the bench for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Did you get tickets ?
    Sadly not unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's finished.
    that's my thought. you see him training, then in the squad but doesn't come on. why? the most important game for Wales for a while. bit of a flat evening all in all.

International

If he's fit he should play in at least four games.

International

He was a potential gamble, but it's a bit too early to paly him still he's not match-fit and the game was for too important.

I think he will retire in May unless he feels he can give us a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I think he will retire in May unless he feels he can give us a good year.
    I personally think WE should be in control in that for the money he's on and what he's likely to contribute we say goodbye

And look for alternatives

It's been very romantic but it's been a damp squid

Not using Ramsey at all is just one of a series of large boo boos made by Page.
    Keiffer would have been far more useful off the bench, although if Brooks wasn't well then maybe I understand him starting, though if that was Page's thinking, why the feck he brought Brooks on at all is just crazy!
    Taking Brennan off was ridiculous as his touch was sublime, the polar opposite of Wilson.
    A couple of minutes for Ramsey in extra time and a dead cert scorer of a pelanty.

If anyone thought that Page was the man to take us forward surely even they must now concede that he has to go.

This says all that i wanted to but too pissed/depressed to type.

In that case, get him to the camp to be with the squad, but don’t name him in the squad and don’t stick him on the bench for no reason.
    We need to consider who the coach is making the decisions. The same bloke who named Chris Gunter in the World Cup squad and effectively used him as a waterboy/cheerleader.

Apologies to Gunter.

you could probably add that argument to the rest of the non playing subs last night .

if we get upset about subs not being used reduce the size of squads . didn't the law get changed to naming 26 players to be included in match day squads recently ? I,m sure I'll be corrected if I,m wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    you could probably add that argument to the rest of the non playing subs last night .

if we get upset about subs not being used reduce the size of squads . didn't the law get changed to naming 26 players to be included in match day squads recently ? I,m sure I'll be corrected if I,m wrong
    Fair enough, but I would argue that, even at this stage of his career, if Ramsey is on the bench, he comes on at some stage during a game which ends in a penalty shoot out after extra time if he's fit - the fact Page used so few subs makes you wonder if he had full faith in many of them for an occasion like that, but that cannot apply to Ramsey surely.