+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerging Welsh wonder kids

Re: Emerging Welsh wonder kids

i believe premier league academies are probably the best in the world with the sheer investment made in them and with Cardiff & Swansea so deep in the premier league scouting circuits Wales is going to get a conveyor belt of good duel & fully qualified kids.

Probably be worth getting a coach who has come through aged grade football preferably Welsh....ummmm

it's impossible to know whether any of the current talented youngsters will go on to be another bale.
    even a few years into bales senior career you wouldn't have thought he would go on to do what he did

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think we should be poaching some English kids that won't get a chance, start scouting for welsh Grannies, probably a good job for Sludge.
    Regarding the first part they are trying to poach ours

This looks a decent result given comparitive resources. Hopefully a few decent players will emerge.

Very promising that the youth age grades seem to all be doing well, there must be a few quality prospects to be getting these results.

I just saw this link about grassroots investment on the FAW website. Seems to be some sort of funding as part of being a Euro 2028 host country as well. I'd love to see what their actual plan is with the revenue from the World Cup qualification etc. I live in Australia now and the grassroots here are incredible compared to what I grew up with in the valleys.

https://faw.cymru/news/record-turnov...ts-investment/