+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerging Welsh wonder kids

Emerging Welsh wonder kids

Please tell me there is a Bale, Giggs, Rush etc coming through, this team could really do well.

Biancheri, Crew and Koumas seem to be the most promising that are u18?

Still reeling from yesterday as you can tell. Looking to the future

Re: Emerging Welsh wonder kids

We used to almost qualify for a tournament about once every 10 years - these days we are in with a chance each campaign, these are the good times

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We used to almost qualify for a tournament about once every 10 years - these days we are in with a chance each campaign, these are the good times
    I didn’t mean it as in we are shit currently, last night felt like a prime Bale or Ramsey and we would have won convincingly. More as in we’re only 1/2 high level players from being competitive against everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I didn’t mean it as in we are shit currently, last night felt like a prime Bale or Ramsey and we would have won convincingly. More as in we’re only 1/2 high level players from being competitive against everyone.
    I think we will be waiting a long time for another Bale (i.e. truly world class)
    We don't really have anyone operating at Ramsey's level either currently (i.e. champions league level) Poland had several.
    Some of our best players are operating in the Championship.
    I think a few of them can become established premier league players

I dont know if many have seen it but Koumas goal against Lithuania was absolute class, he's got some talent that boy. Great assisst from Colwill as well (remember him?)

I was flicking between Wales and Scotland last night. I would rather be going to the Euros with the Welsh squad, results aside Wales have so many talented youngsters coming through and a few top class players . Other than McGinn and Robertson Scotland have a dearth of talent at the moment .
    Although last nights result was super disappointing for Wales , they ran Poland close. The future looks very positive .

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Please tell me there is a Bale, Giggs, Rush etc coming through, this team could really do well.

Biancheri, Crew and Koumas seem to be the most promising that are u18?

Still reeling from yesterday as you can tell. Looking to the future
    Well, after qualifying for the Euro Finals for the first time last year, our under 17s made it through to this year's tournament yesterday. Our under 19s followed up a 1-0 loss to Belgium by winning by the same score when they met for a second time and the under 21s are top of their qualifying group - their rivals do have games in hand on them though.

All of that suggests a degree of strength in depth - something which has always been a weakness of ours in the past.

There's some promising, young talent in the team. Wonder kids is stretching it.

That’s because the tournament sizes have increased

I was also thinking that we're only a couple of 'special' players short of being ultra competitive but as long as we can unearth players of the quality of say Neco Williams on a regular basis, we will be in with a very good chance of qualification for every major tournament. Even more so now that qualification has been made easier.

Dave Edwards was saying after Euro 2020/1 that there might be a lull for a while but after that the future looked brighter, if that helps.

Even longer term, the number of kids wanting to play football as a result of Euro 2016 and us reaching a world cup, while rugby is in turmoil, might reach greater numbers than ever.

Brennan Johnson 22
    Ethan Ampadu 23
    Rubin Colwill 21
    Neco Williams 22
    Jordan James 19
    Owen Beck 21
    Luke Harris 19
    Lewis Koumas 18
    Chris Popov 19
    Charlie Crew 17
    Gabriele Biancheri 17

Some of our very talented young players I can think of. Probably forgotten some obvious ones.

Plenty to be excited about. We should never expect to see a Gareth Bale type star again - he was a freak let’s be fair. But the strength in depth is improving over all I think.

I read something about either a winger or striker at arsenal while reading sky sports "in the papers" section yesterday but can't find it now

Did come across this

Brayden Clarke
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-scholar.html

Arsenal also have James Sweet who made the bench against Porto... you don't get to read a lot about these youngsters..

I wouldn’t call 1958 and 1976 as every ‘10 years’.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I read something about either a winger or striker at arsenal while reading sky sports "in the papers" section yesterday but can't find it now

Did come across this

Brayden Clarke
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-scholar.html

Arsenal also have James Sweet who made the bench against Porto... you don't get to read a lot about these youngsters..
    Omari Benjamin possibly? Youth striker at Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Omari Benjamin possibly? Youth striker at Arsenal
    That's the one

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Brennan Johnson 22
    Ethan Ampadu 23
    Rubin Colwill 21
    Neco Williams 22
    Jordan James 19
    Owen Beck 21
    Luke Harris 19
    Lewis Koumas 18
    Chris Popov 19
    Charlie Crew 17
    Gabriele Biancheri 17

Some of our very talented young players I can think of. Probably forgotten some obvious ones.

Plenty to be excited about. We should never expect to see a Gareth Bale type star again - he was a freak let’s be fair. But the strength in depth is improving over all I think.
    Iwan Morgan up front as well only 18. A big chunk of that u19s side seem to be decent prospects, one of them already played a few times for Barnsley at 17/18

The u19s and u17s seem very talented, far more so than I can remember. Oliver Bostock, Brayden Clarke and Elliot Myles seemingly the pick of the bunch at that level.

Feels like Chris Popov has been around for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    That's the one
    I saw that he was linked with a move to Everton though he seemed to have a decent record at Arsenal

I think Brayden Clarke is the son of Nigel Quashie, always see him at Wales youth camps on social media. Think Clarke'll be the only one to play in both the u17 Euros last summer and the one this coming summer. Things seem to be looking up at youth levels

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    almost qualify

i.e. 1986, 1994, 2004 etc

Alas, I think we have little to look forward to in the next couple of years. Nations league against unappealing teams and then a world cup campaign we will be very unlikely to get anything from.

Euro 2028 qualifying should be alright esp with the carrot of home games, but that feels a long way off

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    "Almost qualify". 1976, 1986, 1994, etc.

International

I think we should be poaching some English kids that won't get a chance, start scouting for welsh Grannies, probably a good job for Sludge.

Whats about Koumas ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think we should be poaching some English kids that won't get a chance, start scouting for welsh Grannies, probably a good job for Sludge.
    ?
    We’ve been doing that for years.