+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Appalling all over the pitch. Horvath only one who perhaps who you can't really blame much.

Looked like they had just got back from a lads holiday.

This dreadful 90 minutes sums up the season. Apart from the golden spell of 13 points from 15 which saved our skins, we have been shocking. Today was a new low and Bulut must take the blame. Our home record is woeful, today expensive signings and highly paid individuals could not cut the mustard against a team who had lost 6 of the last seven matches.

The whole team looked disinterested, lazy and badly coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Colwill is league 1 at best, he's had enough chances over the last few seasons, he flatters to deceive, with the odd goal or pass here and there but 95% you struggle to see if he's on the pitch.
    So Colwill is the scapegoat. The performances from the heart of midfield is the problem along with the tactics employed by Bulut. There were at least 3 players who played League 2 standard at best in midfield and Colwill wasn’t one of them.

Did I miss something??? WOL gives Bowler the Star man award.....bloody hell...

Agree about Ramsey....he's got another year on contract.....nice work if you can get it...

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUNDERLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, he wanted Bakasetas too. He's made no secret he wants a 10. We've only got Ramsey, Colwill and Robinson that play there. Now weve also got Turnbull but he saw no issue with Siopis, Ralls and Wintle's complete lack of creativity. This is entirely by design, it is not an accident we've ended up here.
    We know he wanted Bakasetas and others and we are told a lot of planning went into scouting players ready for January before the budget was slashed. I do wonder how much scouting or input he had for those players signed. Turnbull is a huge step down from Bakasetas, I’m not sure if Turnbull is even good enough to play as a 10 with how we play. I like the keeper and Phillips but I can’t say I’m impressed with the others. I wouldn’t be sorry to see all our loans return as I think a new manager needs a number of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Agree about Ramsey....he's got another year on contract.....nice work if you can get it...
    The keeper surely?

Although I’m not sure Bowler was as bad as people made out today, I can’t think of many better.

Pretty much everyone we've lost to this season has probably gone home thinking "easiest 3 points of the season".

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So Colwill is the scapegoat. The performances from the heart of midfield is the problem along with the tactics employed by Bulut. There were at least 3 players who played League 2 standard at best in midfield and Colwill wasn’t one of them.
    I wouldn't have him as the scapegoat but he was every bit as poor as the rest of them.

Yes, he wanted Bakasetas too. He's made no secret he wants a 10. We've only got Ramsey, Colwill and Robinson that play there. Now weve also got Turnbull but he saw no issue with Siopis, Ralls and Wintle's complete lack of creativity. This is entirely by design, it is not an accident we've ended up here.
    He's a very defensive, cautious manager who's somehow conned some into thinking he wants to play free flowing attacking football

Ramsey may be shot to pieces, never to have a decent game again but isn't he just coming back from a long injury?

I'm hoping his focus is now only City next season, if he retires from Wales? He perhaps give City a finzl swan song.

I'm a dreamer baby...

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We know he wanted Bakasetas and others and we are told a lot of planning went into scouting players ready for January before the budget was slashed. I do wonder how much scouting or input he had for those players signed. Turnbull is a huge step down from Bakasetas, I’m not sure if Turnbull is even good enough to play as a 10 with how we play. I like the keeper and Phillips but I can’t say I’m impressed with the others. I wouldn’t be sorry to see all our loans return as I think a new manager needs a number of players.
    Nobody is good enough to play as a 10 with how we play. We don't commit enough players forward or have any ability behind them to make a 10 useful

We got away with it a bit with Ramsey at the beginning of the season, but the way Bulut plays makes that 10 role an almost impossible job

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just got back from the game Pedro. Ramsey's done. Gave the ball away around three times within the first 10 minutes of him coming on and is a set-piece player now at best. Pretty much a continuation of the Swansea performance.

Sunderland were a good watch tbh. Played some decent football. Nothing else to report. Apart from the most exciting part of the day was a load of us and Sunderland fans sheltering in the bus depot during a downpour.
    Some discussion on Radio Wales as to whether Ramsey should now retire from international football. The more realistic question is whether he should retire from playing full stop. Anyway, don't want to knock Rambo, the problem today and all season has been a complete lack of footballing strategy, and that comes from the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I haven't made Colwill the scapegoat but if fans think we can build a team around him we are bang in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Appalling all over the pitch. Horvath only one who perhaps who you can't really blame much.

Looked like they had just got back from a lads holiday.
    It didn't look right, did it. Goutas looked like he'd never played a game of football in his life.

Just watched the 'highlights' on Sky and that must be one of the softest penalties ever. There seemed to be the faintest of touches in the back from Goutas - who had given the ball away in the first place.

Goutas did seem to have a shocker today.

Just got in. Soaked before the game walking to the ground and then watched that sh!t.

Slow tedious passing an inability to play quick passes forward , poor movement and no young players being given an opportunity. Created nothing. Poor finishing and a good display from Horvarth meant that we werent on the wrong side of a 5 or 6 goal hammering.

Our pressing is just laughable.

I havent seen it replayed but I thought the ref was conned for the pen. 1st 10 mins Sunderland looked nervous and that gave them a boost.

I was in the stick with Bulut as our clowns will lumber us with someone worse.

I find it hard to back him. These players look badly coached. Obviously some are not good enough but as a unit I cant believe a half decent manager can get this lot playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Just watched the 'highlights' on Sky and that must be one of the softest penalties ever. There seemed to be the faintest of touches in the back from Goutas - who had given the ball away in the first place.

Goutas did seem to have a shocker today.
    It's Bulut's fault. He mind tricked Goutas in to giving the ball away then did the same for the penalty. The whole squad to a man has been inflicted with Bulut's ability to make every one of them make basic errors. I think that Bulut ia shit, a grifter, he's out of his depth, if a depth actually exists for him to work in. But, give me a boss who i can blame for the most basic of **** up's and it'll be Friday afternoon every working day. Bulut is shit, but so are plenty of those players, they're cowards.

Horvarth should have been star man. Anyone other than him is ridiculous.

If he was excluded id have given it to Bowler.

He did attempt to go forward and actually started well. Id give him a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's a very defensive, cautious manager who's somehow conned some into thinking he wants to play free flowing attacking football

He's playing exactly the way Turkish fans said he would

I'm not going to get into a Bulut debate but we have played good football a grand total of zero times this season. We are a bad side. He has improved zero players and he's signed some stinkers. Bulut is as bad as we've had in recent years, and he's certainly the biggest disappointment.

I'm not going to get into a Bulut debate but we have played good football a grand total of zero times this season. We are a bad side. He has improved zero players and he's signed some stinkers. Bulut is as bad as we've had in recent years, and he's certainly the biggest disappointment.
    I wasn’t debating Bulut, I was questioning who signed the January signings. I don’t need to debate Bulut, I think people can make their own minds up after 39 games.

I wasn’t debating Bulut, I was questioning who signed the January signings. I don’t need to debate Bulut, I think people can make their own minds up after 39 games.
    Bulut wanted a 10. He got one. He is now 4th choice. Well done everyone.

Bulut wanted a 10. He got one. He is now 4th choice. Well done everyone.
    They should have got him a decent one lol.

The 11 people with the blue shirts on don't work hard enough and that is down to the bloke on the touchline. Is time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just got back from the game Pedro. Ramsey's done. Gave the ball away around three times within the first 10 minutes of him coming on and is a set-piece player now at best. Pretty much a continuation of the Swansea performance.

Sunderland were a good watch tbh. Played some decent football. Nothing else to report. Apart from the most exciting part of the day was a load of us and Sunderland fans sheltering in the bus depot during a downpour.
    Perhaps he is done. I'm not going to write him off just yet though.