+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Page going nowhere

Page going nowhere

"Football Association of Wales president Steve Williams has moved quickly to remove doubts over Page's future.

Williams said: "The FAW can confirm Rob Page is their manager for the forthcoming campaign in accordance with his contract.

"Rob is the manager. His contract runs to the end of the World Cup and that is how we continue to work." "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68675626

Re: Page going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "Football Association of Wales president Steve Williams has moved quickly to remove doubts over Page's future.

Williams said: "The FAW can confirm Rob Page is their manager for the forthcoming campaign in accordance with his contract.

"Rob is the manager. His contract runs to the end of the World Cup and that is how we continue to work." "

Giving him the Bulut would have been harsh in my view.

Could be worse, we could be stuck with Southgate.

For the best me thinks if that report is true

He appears to have the players playing for him and plays the right way too a bit like Bulut in many ways but sadly for us we haven't got the quality that Page has at his disposal

Yeah I guess Coleman was hardly a great manager was he? I guess many might say he didn’t need to be with the squad he had and a star like bale…

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    For the best me thinks if that report is true

He appears to have the players playing for him and plays the right way too a bit like Bulut in many ways but sadly for us we haven't got the quality that Page has at his disposal
    Plays the right way? We hit long balls to Kieffer all night, its no wonder he was knackered by the hour mark fighting for 50-50 balls against two big Poles all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

Translated as we cant afford to sack him. Its their own fault for handing hin a ridiculous 4 year contract.

We got some really good young players and a Welsdh legaue manager in charge of them. Standing on the side shouting "Get out/up". Tactical genius.

A mistake giving Page a contract beyond the Euros as there is no market for his services other than Wales so they could have waited until the end of the Euro qualifying campaign before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Plays the right way? We hit long balls to Kieffer all night, its no wonder he was knackered by the hour mark fighting for 50-50 balls against two big Poles all night.
    an insight how page utilises Keiffer in certain games . here an example exactly what he did last night and tactics generally . Hi Knows the game inside out a coaching masterclass video here to explain .

https://faw.cymru/redwallplus/videos...s-robert-page/

Translated as we cant afford to sack him. Its their own fault for handing hin a ridiculous 4 year contract.

We got some really good young players and a Welsdh legaue manager in charge of them. Standing on the side shouting "Get out/up". Tactical genius.
    That contract was utter madness.

International

Not qualifying might have kept him in the job

Oh God we've lost millions by no qualifying, we can't afford a pay off and a quality Manager would want a lot more money anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    an insight how page utilises Keiffer in certain games . here an example exactly what he did last night and tactics generally . Hi Knows the game inside out a coaching masterclass video here to explain .

https://faw.cymru/redwallplus/videos...s-robert-page/
    The fact youve had to go back 3 years to find a "coaching masterclass" from Rob Page says it all.

Nothing at all to having our two world class players on the pitch and one of them doing the business. Nothing at all.

Croatia and Finland result has probably helped him.

Dreadful world cup and dropping 5 points to Armenia, probably should now that we haven't qualified see him moved on.

Was madness giving him that contract.

I suppose the pool of Welsh managers who we could afford after paying him off isn't too deep.

Nor should he go , decent lad, doing a decent job. Wales did extremely well to get where the did without the big old stars of the past.

Yesterday will be a massive leaning curve for those Welsh youngsters, if they don't kick on to better things after that result, perhaps they were not likely to progress any further as individuals and a team.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nor should he go , decent lad, doing a decent job. Wales did extremely well to get where the did without the big old stars of the past.

Yesterday will be a massive leaning curve for those Welsh youngsters, if they don't kick on to better things after that result, perhaps they were not likely to progress any further as individuals and a team.
    Irrelevant whether he's a decent lad, and you set a very low bar if you think he's doing a decent job. Time and time again Page's selection and tactics have been found wanting. When he does stumble across a plan that works (Finland) he promptly abandons it (Poland).

Awful manager with a huge ego.

That was my take on it. The FAW backed themselves into a corner with that contract. If he does well they can't get rid and if he does badly they can't afford to get rid.

Steve Williams is in a largely ceremonial position. Noel Mooney has all the power. Considering they 100% talked to Roy Keane, and the fact Mooney and Page clearly don't like each other, I don't think Page will be in charge for much longer. That or they're completely skint because Mooney has run the FAW into the ground.

What would happen if we had a talented manager ?

That's what I'd be asking myself.

The last euros were dire. The World Cup was a complete embarrassment. This qualifying campaign was ultimately a failure. He ****ed it against Armenia.

I don't see what he is trying to build exactly. I don't see any direction or coherence.

His philosophy is to nick a goal and hope we can hold on. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Steve Williams is in a largely ceremonial position. Noel Mooney has all the power. Considering they 100% talked to Roy Keane, and the fact Mooney and Page clearly don't like each other, I don't think Page will be in charge for much longer. That or they're completely skint because Mooney has run the FAW into the ground.
    How has mooney run the faw into the ground ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How has mooney run the faw into the ground ?
    Qualifying for tournaments is going to be like getting a promotion to the premier league, you increase your expenditure then when you fail to qualify and drop back down in earnings it's probably like relegation from the premier league.