+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Info

Re: Season Ticket Info

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What about rising interest rates and less disposable income?
    again you will be able to pay over a 12 month finance offer . the trust awaiting what interest to be charged

see the trust reaction to the prices

https://www.ccfctrust.org/season-ticket-prices/

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    again you will be able to pay over a 12 month finance offer . the trust awaiting what interest to be charged

see the trust reaction to the prices

https://www.ccfctrust.org/season-ticket-prices/
    I think the Trust should be advocating interest-free payment plans tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Agree with the interest free point as though the amount doesn't have to found in one go it is an added burden to an already increasing bill of life

I am still a fan of giving away tickets to schools in the week leading up to games to try and build the next generation of fans as well any "merch" they may buy

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agree with the interest free point as though the amount doesn't have to found in one go it is an added burden to an already increasing bill of life

I am still a fan of giving away tickets to schools in the week leading up to games to try and build the next generation of fans as well any "merch" they may buy
    The cane wouldbe less cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

The payment systems are important. PayPal already offers interest-free pay in three installment plans. Our club charges fees for transactions (something I hate) and doesn't, as far as I know, offer PayPal as an option (I haven't checked).

Amazon offers interest-free pay in 5 installments on many expensive items. It would be dead easy for the club to offer PayPal as a payment option instead of getting into bed with a 'financial services' company making more money out of the fans. Especially as there's already a 10% increase.

As you say, this isn't about value for money.

Haha

Wooden rulers were my teachers weapon of choice and if one broke they would double them up - this has a feeling of a different thread - horror stories from a school days

...and no...this isn't club bashing (!)...it's just a discussion about options and choices and trying to save loyal fans money. That's why I think The Trust should be opposing financial plans that increase cost (and debt).

The payment systems are important. PayPal already offers interest-free pay in three installment plans. Our club charges fees for transactions (something I hate) and doesn't, as far as I know, offer PayPal as an option (I haven't checked).

Amazon offers interest-free pay in 5 installments on many expensive items. It would be dead easy for the club to offer PayPal as a payment option instead of getting into bed with a 'financial services' company making more money out of the fans. Especially as there's already a 10% increase.

As you say, this isn't about value for money.
    Really good points on different payments plans - hopefully the fans forum can start to scoop up these and other ideas to help progress the club and increase interest and attendances and therefore atmosphere and income 👍👍

You've made really good points mate. You're right with everything you say. I get the social side, but everything is a financial decision at the end of the day.
    Must be tough for loads of fans, it’s not just the initial outlay for the season ticket, especially those who don’t live local, travel costs, food etc. Us, who live local, have to appreciate how lucky we are living here. For instance, evening games (Wales games included), I drive down, about 10 minutes, park up, go to the match, not even opening my wallet. Must be a right trial for those who live further afield.

Saturday games are completely different, we treat the ground as the Betty Ford Clinic, keeps us off the ale for a few hours!

Cracking idea

Never noticed before that u/14s aren’t allowed in unaccompanied. I’d be an advocate of dishing out free tickets to schools but if that came to pass three or four 13 year old mates would be refused entry.

The more I think about it the more the 10% increase stings. For me and my 2 kids that is a hefty increase as they no longer get the cheaper rates

A shame especially after the rubbish we have been put through over recent years

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Must be tough for loads of fans, it’s not just the initial outlay for the season ticket, especially those who don’t live local, travel costs, food etc. Us, who live local, have to appreciate how lucky we are living here. For instance, evening games (Wales games included), I drive down, about 10 minutes, park up, go to the match, not even opening my wallet. Must be a right trial for those who live further afield.

Saturday games are completely different, we treat the ground as the Betty Ford Clinic, keeps us off the ale for a few hours!
    I know there's people come from far and wide but I come from neath so normally if it is straight to the game on a Saturday it is about 6 hours out of the house and midweek games not getting back until around midnight what with traffic and usually a stop at McDonald's 😂😂

Financially I am blessed in as I can afford it for me and my son but appreciate that it is not easy for everyone just in the ticket cost let alone "add on" whatever they maybe

Lot easier growing up a stroll through canton via pubs and bookies of choice 👍

Never noticed before that u/14s aren’t allowed in unaccompanied. I’d be an advocate of dishing out free tickets to schools but if that came to pass three or four 13 year old mates would be refused entry.
    It was the same 40 years ago when we used to hang around outside the family enclosure, asking any old guy to let us go in with him.

You can’t really fault the club they’ve kept season tickets at a decent level and haven’t increased in any major way for a long time.

But with everything going up there’ll be lots of families like mine wondering about renewing. I don’t know if we will yet. I’ve gone away from the ground annoyed more than elated this season so it’s hard to justify.

But for moments like the Swansea game…. Ipswich…

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You can’t really fault the club they’ve kept season tickets at a decent level and haven’t increased in any major way for a long time.

But with everything going up there’ll be lots of families like mine wondering about renewing. I don’t know if we will yet. I’ve gone away from the ground annoyed more than elated this season so it’s hard to justify.

But for moments like the Swansea game…. Ipswich…
    The ever increasing range of kick-off times is also a factor. The number of Saturday 3pm games seem to be getting fewer and fewer each season.

I've missed a lot this season. I will renew my season ticket again though. But yeah, evening KOs aren't great if you've got mobility problems even if you live close like I do. Combine that with sh*t weather and the trash football and I've found myself just not bothering so much since January. But, there's the social side, and it DOES force me out of the house...even if it is guilt that finally motivates me!

But football's not cheap. The social side is not cheap. We're all different types of supporters and our style of support changes as we get older. There's no one-size-fits-all. Away matches need Schakelton-style planning these days for me and Mrs. C! If we get it wrong, we're stuck somewhere like St Andrews for a year until the rescue boat turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The ever increasing range of kick-off times is also a factor. The number of Saturday 3pm games seem to be getting fewer and fewer each season.
    Doesn't the new TV deal with Sky increase the liklihood of more games kicking off at kick off times not at 3pm on a Saturday?

Think the TV deal kicks in next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Doesn't the new TV deal with Sky increase the liklihood of more games kicking off at kick off times not at 3pm on a Saturday?

Think the TV deal kicks in next season?
    Yes, probably only 8 3pm Saturday home kick-offs next season, with another 8 spread around Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime and Saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Yes, probably only 8 3pm Saturday home kick-offs next season, with another 8 spread around Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime and Saturday evening.
    Friday evening and early Saturday kick offs are a write off for me personally.

The prospect of only having eight matches on a Saturday isn't really appealing to me to buy a season ticket.

I've no doubt it'll be good for some?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Friday evening and early Saturday kick offs are a write off for me personally.

The prospect of only having eight matches on a Saturday isn't really appealing to me to buy a season ticket.

I've no doubt it'll be good for some?
    Friday evenings are a definite no for me and Saturday lunchtimes are a PIA. I'll probably moan and dither before renewing anyway and then regret it later!

looking at Home attendance figures for this season

we have hit 20,000 + crowds 11 times so far
    Obviously the Bristol City, Swansea and Leeds games have drawn the biggest attendances so far
    Noticeable the drop off in crowds in mid week

If we played the West Brom and Brum games on a Saturday would have seen 20,000 + plus crowds

don't like the idea of only 8 Saturday games next season

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/c...ty/attendances

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    we have hit 20,000 + crowds 11 times so far
    I’d love to know the actual attendance figures for those games. I’d also love to know how many people were left in the ground with a quarter of an hour left to play yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’d love to know the actual attendance figures for those games. I’d also love to know how many people were left in the ground with a quarter of an hour left to play yesterday afternoon.
    I was just thinking that. The night games must have abut 40% of people who already have tickets not turning up and even the good Friday again I'd guess a third of those who already paid for tickets found something better to do.

In fairness to the club season tickets are cheaper than non league football. Most non league games are 15-20 a ticket now and season ticket is less than that.

I know many people who get one anyway with no intention of going to more than half the games and if things go as they are don't even make that.

I know the money is paid anyway etc etc but would be interesting g to see the actual figures.