+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Voting Intention Polls Latest

Wales Voting Intention Polls Latest

Seems like whilst Starmer and Welsh Labour are hardly pulling up trees the rest are just making up the numbers

Labour 49 percent .....up four points

Conservative 16 ......down 6

Reform 15 ......up 2

Plaid 10 .....no change

Liberals 5 .....no change

Green 5 .....no change

24 percent of conservative voters are switching to Labour, 24 to to reform

Vaughan Gething plus 4 rating

Andrew RT Davies minus 12

Plaid leader minus 1

Re: Wales Voting Intention Polls Latest

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Seems like whilst Starmer and Welsh Labour are hardly pulling up trees the rest are just making up the numbers

Labour 49 percent .....up four points

Conservative 16 ......down 6

Reform 15 ......up 2

Plaid 10 .....no change

Liberals 5 .....no change

Green 5 .....no change

24 percent of conservative voters are switching to Labour, 24 to to reform

Vaughan Gething plus 4 rating

Andrew RT Davies minus 12

Plaid leader minus 1
    It's interesting that Plaid is so low in Wales. I'm no supporter though. Reform & Cons 31% between them is scary. I get so bugged out by the RT in Andrew Davies's name every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's interesting that Plaid is so low in Wales. I'm no supporter though. Reform & Cons 31% between them is scary. I get so bugged out by the RT in Andrew Davies's name every time!
    Plaid get squeezed out which is a shame in some ways as they are left of centre in many ways but I am afraid they put so many off with their independence mantra

But polling below the Tories and reform for Plaid is a worry

Lib dems have had it

Only good thing about the reform vote is it splits the tories and outside of Wales that's hopefully going to Bury them

My big fear if we get a Labour UK Government and they turn out be as big a damp squid as I suspect they will be is that this will lead to a situation where a Reform UK Government becomes a distinct possibility. I really hope that Labour have realised that more of the same will never work, their current support is very soft and will desert them if they really do govern like Reeves and Starmer are currently saying they will.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My big fear if we get a Labour UK Government and they turn out be as big a damp squid as I suspect they will be is that this will lead to a situation where a Reform UK Government becomes a distinct possibility. I really hope that Labour have realised that more of the same will never work, their current support is very soft and will desert them if they really do govern like Reeves and Starmer are currently saying they will.
    I would get rid of starmer ASAP

I would get rid of starmer ASAP
    You want to get rid of the bloke who will give Labour a landslide win from being 80 seats down?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You want to get rid of the bloke who will give Labour a landslide win from being 80 seats down?
    Yes , he's only getting in because the Tories are so bad

He's no way the answer

I don't think any labour Mps have leadership qualities in the way Blair did

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think theres some truth in this. Pretty much every major European country currently has a soaring right-wing party. In France, Italy, Austria and Netherlands they lead polls. In Germany, second, in Spain and Portugal they poll highly etc.

UK is quite the outlier at the moment. I know others will disagree but I don't think much will change under Labour, and this is because the problems we have aren't caused by the govt - not helped by them maybe - but they aren't caused by them. So I see no likely change of note as doing what is necessary will just create other issues and I'm not sure Labour have the minerals for it.

That said, I do think and hope better times are ahead but that's because Covid is unlikely to rear itself again and if it did we would never lockdown as before. The shock of the Ukraine war has also passed.

But I do think voters will see only limited changes and will quite quickly grow frustrated with Labour and the chief beneficiaries will likely be Reform, maybe Plaid in Wales I guess the Lib Dems although they are pretty uninspiring all round.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think theres some truth in this. Pretty much every major European country currently has a soaring right-wing party. In France, Italy, Austria and Netherlands they lead polls. In Germany, second, in Spain and Portugal they poll highly etc.

UK is quite the outlier at the moment. I know others will disagree but I don't think much will change under Labour, and this is because the problems we have aren't caused by the govt - not helped by them maybe - but they aren't caused by them. So I see no likely change of note as doing what is necessary will just create other issues and I'm not sure Labour have the minerals for it.

That said, I do think and hope better times are ahead but that's because Covid is unlikely to rear itself again and if it did we would never lockdown as before. The shock of the Ukraine war has also passed.

But I do think voters will see only limited changes and will quite quickly grow frustrated with Labour and the chief beneficiaries will likely be Reform, maybe Plaid in Wales I guess the Lib Dems although they are pretty uninspiring all round.
    The reason why very little will change is because there isn't any money

Rachel Reeves could send a brick to sleep but she's right

I would prefer her to be PM than starmer

Same here. I’ll probably vote labour (it will only be the second time I do and I’m in my 50s), purely as a tactical vote. I, like many I suspect, wish there were better alternatives, but the priority here is to get the Tories out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Same here. I’ll probably vote labour (it will only be the second time I do and I’m in my 50s), purely as a tactical vote. I, like many I suspect, wish there were better alternatives, but the priority here is to get the Tories out.
    If the liberals had a chance of government I would vote for them

Green too

Anything to kick the Tories out

And I hope labour have the guts to change the voting system

Because although there will always be a tory and reform type vote most people don't support them and together the opposition can keep them out

I don't mind labour , liberal , green and independent coalitions

If the liberals had a chance of government I would vote for them

Green too

Anything to kick the Tories out

And I hope labour have the guts to change the voting system

Because although there will always be a tory and reform type vote most people don't support them and together the opposition can keep them out

I don't mind labour , liberal , green and independent coalitions
    As I've said on here before, Germany has a Liberal, Social Democrat and Green govt, and they are still in the European Union. It's what many of you wish for. Their economic performance at the moment? Generally worse than us. Their Govt? Deeply unpopular.

Parties do matter, but not as much as many make out. Problems exist irrespective of them, and things like the Ukraine War, COVID, squaring the green Vs growth dilemma, etc are profound problems