+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next season

Next season

Bulut doesn’t know if he’s staying or leaving according to his interview after the game

So how are we planning for next season?

Can already write it off whether he stays or not as sounds like no planning has been done

A sad state of affairs

Re: Next season

Not a good sign from Bulut's point of view. I reckon Tan was hoping the revival would continue, and justify giving Bulut a contract extension. But after this afternoon's game, maybe he's having a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post

Can already write it off whether he stays or not as sounds like no planning has been done

A sad state of affairs
    Nail, head. No top down planning whatsoever.

I don’t think Bulut will be here next season, I could be wrong and just guessing but I feel like that was decided some time ago.

Planning is probably going ahead with scouting and pre season, maybe he’s just not informed because they don’t expect him to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t think Bulut will be here next season, I could be wrong and just guessing but I feel like that was decided some time ago.

Planning is probably going ahead with scouting and pre season, maybe he’s just not informed because they don’t expect him to be here.
    Having witnessed everything over the past 10 years that seems very ambitious !

The last two matches show that we have a poorly coached and poorly motivated team.

It was today a case of a match where no pressure was on the players, they should have put the abysmal performance at Swansea behind them and played well for 90 minutes. Instead we got a lethargic, gutless show from all in blue shirts (except the keeper).

Not a great advert for ST sales.

Having witnessed everything over the past 10 years that seems very ambitious !
    Well Bulut was only appointed in June and our preseason started in July. Either it can be done very quickly or it was arranged before he arrived.

Bulut doesn’t know if he’s staying or leaving according to his interview after the game

A sad state of affairs
    A new manager for the next 10 season i guess...continue the trend

Next season? Jesus Christ I'm miserable enough after today as it is.

They'll be planning. Managers aren't the be all and end all of recruitment.

If the club has any sense, they'll be speaking to managers now. They won't but ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'll be planning. Managers aren't the be all and end all of recruitment.

If the club has any sense, they'll be speaking to managers now. They won't but ho hum.
    I wish I shared your confidence that theres planning going on.

After 39 games they should have seen enough to make a decision. Either back him or sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I wish I shared your confidence that theres planning going on.

After 39 games they should have seen enough to make a decision. Either back him or sack him.
    Bulut didn't sign half these players. He wouldn't have known who Ilic was. The recruitment team would be working, although with mixed results

Bulut won't be here in the summer and thank God for that

A sad state of affairs
    I suspect we are not planning and bulut mentioned this about 6 weeks ago and it has been raised on this board in recent weeks as well

As bad as some of the performances have been and bulut has to take the blame for a lot of that I feel the players and the board are getting away with murder here as well

As for a replacement who can think of a sensible and viable alternative as I sure as hell can't

Anyone looking at our club could not see this as a project or as a long term thing - it's a bit of a shit show at the moment and we are have been lucky the last few seasons that there have been worse clubs than ours in the league but surely that luck will run out if we carry on this ridiculous strategic less approach to running a football club

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I suspect we are not planning and bulut mentioned this about 6 weeks ago and it has been raised on this board in recent weeks as well
    I suspect we are planning, and planning without Bulut.

There are entire departments at the club that will be working on things. How useful that work will be without a manager is dubious but the idea that the manager is the only one to sign players in 2024 isn't true.

I’m curious as to how many entire departments you think there are? Does each one have a leader with a number of people under them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I suspect we are planning, and planning without Bulut.

There are entire departments at the club that will be working on things. How useful that work will be without a manager is dubious but the idea that the manager is the only one to sign players in 2024 isn't true.
    I get that it is not done in isolation but look at last season - plans were in place for a pre season tour and when bulut was appointed he ripped it up and new plans were hastily arranged - surely not ideal for anyone and certainly not any good for a manager coming in late and not even being able to assess the playing squad

Unless you think they have a manager lined up which if they do then fair play but history says that isn't the case and even last summer dalman said they wanted to take their time get it right and build a project - this isn't a project it's more a tasks and finish group that never finishes

Anyway my point is and was that bulut may be the focal point for people to attack but that excuses other elements of the club which future managers of any worth might go "nah not for me"

But we will see - it's a bit groundhog day for me over the last few seasons in as much as club promises, club underdelivers, new season ticket request, I pay and repeat