+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Managerial dilemma

The Managerial dilemma

Give him financial support to improve the side or recognise he's not up to much and tactically inept ?

I think most of us have swayed between both options over the last 6 months and I would imagine the board have too. Not an easy one.

Re: The Managerial dilemma

The fact that we haven't heard anything about a contract renewal isn't a good sign, and maybe Uncle Vinnie has just had enough of watching crap football. I know I have. But it's also just as likely that Tan doesn't want another summer wasted looking for a new manager, and then looking for new players, and starting next season already well behind everyone else.
    Bulut does look out of his depth, or more specifically, his coaching team looks out of their depth. But he has steadied the ship, and he has put some good runs together. Sadly, he's also presided over some awful defeats, and generally speaking the football has been dire. Not really something that sells a lot of season tickets.
    But he's cheap (probably), and did enough to keep us safely in the Division, so I'm betting Tan gives him another season. What we need is for Tan to add a proviso, that unless the football improves, Bulut will be on his way by Christmas.

Why would he be given financial support if he's spent $2m on an attacking minded midfielder who couldn't get on the pitch with the way we were playing today?

Outside of that I'm quite ambivalent. Based on our play over the last 3 months it will be crap if he stays, based on the managers we seem to hire it will likely be as or more crap if he leaves. Without anyone at the top who understands football and a plan on and off the field, shite football and mid table safety seems to be the best we can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Why would he be given financial support if he's spent $2m on an attacking minded midfielder who couldn't get on the pitch with the way we were playing today?

Outside of that I'm quite ambivalent. Based on our play over the last 3 months it will be crap if he stays, based on the managers we seem to hire it will likely be as or more crap if he leaves. Without anyone at the top who understands football and a plan on and off the field, shite football and mid table safety seems to be the best we can expect.
    As if Tan paid 2m for someone out of contract in the summer. We know how tight he is, absolutely no chance.