+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to give Steve Cooper a call?

Time to give Steve Cooper a call?

Today’s inept performance was shocking.
    We reverted to the negative tactics and all but possibly NG and Hovarth were awful.
    Bulut suggests that the performance was due to the lack of clarity re his contract. Well that will be same next week and the week after that!

The penalty was a gift delivered via our tactics.
    The second was also sloppy midfield / defending play.

Re: Time to give Steve Cooper a call?

The penwas poor defence.

Sunderland were quicker around the park .

Our players are already on holiday .

The penalty was poor defence.

Sunderland were quicker around the park .

Our players are already on holiday .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Today’s inept performance was shocking.
    We reverted to the negative tactics and all but possibly NG and Hovarth were awful.
    Bulut suggests that the performance was due to the lack of clarity re his contract. Well that will be same next week and the week after that!

The penalty was a gift delivered via our tactics.
    The second was also sloppy midfield / defending play.
    I'd take Cooper in a heartbeat. However, as others have pointed out his assistant is that moron Tait.

Cooper is not going anywhere near City.

The idea he would is fanciful stroke delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'd take Cooper in a heartbeat. However, as others have pointed out his assistant is that moron Tait.
    I think we all would. But would he take us? Not if he's got any sense. Mind you, he is a City fan, so how much sense can he have?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think we all would. But would he take us? Not if he's got any sense. Mind you, he is a City fan, so how much sense can he have?
    There’s 44 jobs in the top 2 divisions. He’s not going to get the top 15 jobs in the Prem. He won’t want a job in the bottom 7/8, so that leaves about 20 clubs. Then he won’t go back to Forest or Swansea. For managers like Cooper, it’s a shallow pond and if you’re out of work for too long, you get forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There’s 44 jobs in the top 2 divisions. He’s not going to get the top 15 jobs in the Prem. He won’t want a job in the bottom 7/8, so that leaves about 20 clubs. Then he won’t go back to Forest or Swansea. For managers like Cooper, it’s a shallow pond and if you’re out of work for too long, you get forgotten.
    Managing a club like City, with very limited resources and other managers' players could expose him badly. There are worse things than being forgotten.

I can't think of one manager who has come here in a long time that has gone onto better things (add players for that matter as well) - better to wait and still have a sniff of a career than come to the elephant grave yards of football clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Cooper is not going anywhere near City.

The idea he would is fanciful stroke delusional.
    If the money is right of course he would.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Managing a club like City, with very limited resources and other managers' players could expose him badly. There are worse things than being forgotten.
    Everyone is skint in the Championship. Our wage bill last season was 14m, that's mid ranking and we are clearly spending a hell of a lot more this season. Bulut is getting credit for doing this on a shoestring when nothing could be further from the truth. If we were skint, we wouldn't have spent 2m on a number 10 that's now 4th choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I can't think of one manager who has come here in a long time that has gone onto better things (add players for that matter as well) - better to wait and still have a sniff of a career than come to the elephant grave yards of football clubs
    There's been shed loads of players that we've improved. Come on.

I don't think he would come

And he wouldn't last long with the jackals

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    If the money is right of course he would.
    He'd look at City and think "shiit show."

Not a chance he comes to City under Tan. Anyone who thinks he would are sniffing glue.

I'll happily be proved wrong.

Call him, why not.

There is a bloke down in Cornwall.... give him a call....

I actually don’t think Steve Coopers stock is that high and do think there’s a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I actually don’t think Steve Coopers stock is that high and do think there’s a chance.
    Really? I think his next job will be a prem job or a at least a championship team looking to spend.

There's been shed loads of players that we've improved. Come on.
    Who?? I'm not talking clubs who we've conned into paying for such as zohore and mason but what players have gone onto better things from us - certainly not shed loads unless it is a very small shed

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Who?? I'm not talking clubs who we've conned into paying for such as zohore and mason but what players have gone onto better things from us - certainly not shed loads unless it is a very small shed
    Bothroyd played for England. A certain A Ramsey turned out OK. Ledley, Chopra, Koumas, McCormack, Johnson, Loovens, Reid, etc. The issue is that our squad was built with loads of stalwarts like Gunnar, Whitts, Ralls, Morrison etc who were top players at this level so they stayed and we never replaced them. Now we are left with the dregs though and our recruitment and coaching has been utterly abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Really? I think his next job will be a prem job or a at least a championship team looking to spend.
    Who in the Prem would appoint Cooper? Who is spending in the Champ?

Bothroyd played for England. A certain A Ramsey turned out OK. Ledley, Chopra, Koumas, McCormack, Johnson, Loovens, Reid, etc. The issue is that our squad was built with loads of stalwarts like Gunnar, Whitts, Ralls, Morrison etc who were top players at this level so they stayed and we never replaced them. Now we are left with the dregs though and our recruitment and coaching has been utterly abysmal.
    We are talking absolutely ages ago for the group you listed and the more recent ones couldn't sustain us in the prem - the point I am making is this isn't all buluts doing this has been our journey for several years now hence why we have had so many managers due to poor decision making by the club and not just the carousel of managers we have had

It appears to me that no lessons have been learned so football executives with no football background have not improved us at all

Who in the Prem would appoint Cooper? Who is spending in the Champ?

Who knows whose next for the sack or moves clubs he will probably think he has a chance at clubs like West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton, Brentford, Palace who knows what will happen with the manager merry go round. He may just wait for the right job, may not be over the summer.

Any of the teams promoted if they have a slow start usually move on their manager.

Any of the team relegated will probably look to spend with the parachute money. Wouldn’t even surprise me to see him back at Forest if they go down, he’s still a fans favourite.

It certainly doesn’t hurt the club giving him a call, I just don’t see it happening.

Spot on . Thinking no one want to manage Cardiff City is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Spot on . Thinking no one want to manage Cardiff City is ridiculous.
    It amuses me too when they say that.