Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You say “as our creative player in midfield” as if we are only allowed one of them. I’m not having a go at you because after watching us play in recent years, you could be forgiven for thinking that was the case. I think to be fair to Bulut, he has tried to wean us off the long ball game, but, essentially, we still have Warnock type “bread and butter” central midfielders built more for the dogs of war stuff which goes with a more physical and direct approach. Have we started a league game with two out of Colwill, Ramsey and Turnbull in the team? I stand to be corrected, but I don’t think we have and I don’t think we will under this manager.
This is so on point. I still maintain Rubin is a class player and it would be a massive shame if he had to leave us. But he needs players with vision around him. Players who see a pass early. Players he make intelligent runs. Yesterday wasn't Colwills best day, but the number of times he showed for a pass only to be either unseen or ignored was scandalous. Our defenders and defensive midfielders will not/ cannot play an earlier pass into space. The want 2 / 3 touches and then the space is closed down. Colwill should be guaranteed at least 70 minutes each game till the end of the season. And we need to play a system that allows him to play with Turnbull or Ramsey. As for Bulut, he should be on his bike.