+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut's Cardiff City squad

Re: Erol Bulut's Cardiff City squad

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Next ?
    Next we’re going to discuss the January transfer window. We’re going to debate whether Bulut really did have to arrange some deals at the last minute as he claimed, or if those players were in fact signed weeks and even months in advance but the announcements were delayed for dramatic purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a fair shout.
    I don't think it is to be fair. I saw enough of Tanner pre-season and early season to say that he's a decent enough footballer and deserves his break out of non-league football. He has something imo. Is he good enough for a season in The Championship? Absolutely not but he'd easily play in L2 (and I love my L2 football as you know).

Every player is sh*t out on the park for Cardiff City at the moment and has been for most of 2024. Nobody is doing anything well. There were still plenty of fans clapping these players off the park yesterday when the stadium should have been empty.

I don't like singling out any of the players too much when they're all shite. I think that's down to Bulut. The team is shite. The manager is shite and the football is dire, mind-numbingly, bad shite on top.

I agree with you about why the f*ck as fans are we constantly defending this but I keep asking the question "how is it that every f*cking footballer that comes to Cardiff City and is playing for Cardiff City is worse than before they came here?"

I absolutely love Siopis. 63 appearances for Trabzonspor before he came here. Is there a single Cardiff City player who would be signed for them? He's sh*t now.

Turnbull. Why was he on the bench yesterday? Fans are already calling him sh*t.

Ralls. Why was he given an extension (probably because the sentimentality that's rife throughout our club is catching)? He was sh*t again yesterday.

I got home in a furious mood yesterday. After reading that there'll only be about 8 afternoon matches next season. Wet, cold and p*ssed off (again) me and Mrs C had a long talk and said "f*ck it. That's enough". No more ST for us. We've turned into a miserable club, with miserable football and miserable owners (and yes, I'm know a miserable fan).

So, we can analyse the players as much as we want. But this is Erol's squad. This is Erol's football. And Erol's football is shite and turns good players into shite.

F*ck I feel better for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't think it is to be fair. I saw enough of Tanner pre-season and early season to say that he's a decent enough footballer and deserves his break out of non-league football. He has something imo. Is he good enough for a season in The Championship? Absolutely not but he'd easily play in L2 (and I love my L2 football as you know).

Every player is sh*t out on the park for Cardiff City at the moment and has been for most of 2024. Nobody is doing anything well. There were still plenty of fans clapping these players off the park yesterday when the stadium should have been empty.

I don't like singling out any of the players too much when they're all shite. I think that's down to Bulut. The team is shite. The manager is shite and the football is dire, mind-numbingly, bad shite on top.

I agree with you about why the f*ck as fans are we constantly defending this but I keep asking the question "how is it that every f*cking footballer that comes to Cardiff City and is playing for Cardiff City is worse than before they came here?"

I absolutely love Siopis. 63 appearances for Trabzonspor before he came here. Is there a single Cardiff City player who would be signed for them? He's sh*t now.

Turnbull. Why was he on the bench yesterday? Fans are already calling him sh*t.

Ralls. Why was he given an extension (probably because the sentimentality that's rife throughout our club is catching)? He was sh*t again yesterday.

I got home in a furious mood yesterday. After reading that there'll only be about 8 afternoon matches next season. Wet, cold and p*ssed off (again) me and Mrs C had a long talk and said "f*ck it. That's enough". No more ST for us. We've turned into a miserable club, with miserable football and miserable owners (and yes, I'm know a miserable fan).

So, we can analyse the players as much as we want. But this is Erol's squad. This is Erol's football. And Erol's football is shite and turns good players into shite.

F*ck I feel better for that!
    Good post. Don't agree with you on Tanner, although i have to conceed that you have seen much more of him than i have. And i get that Erol Bulut is the common denominator, and that he is shit and he should have gone after the last game in my opinion. But to make 25 players shit, every one of them (Outfield) would take some doing, in fact, it would take some skill to nullify a whole workforce and take away anything good that they have. That's quite a feat. As fot not bothering next season, don't blame you one inch. I can't watch that garbage either. It makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Next we’re going to discuss the January transfer window. We’re going to debate whether Bulut really did have to arrange some deals at the last minute as he claimed, or if those players were in fact signed weeks and even months in advance but the announcements were delayed for dramatic purposes.
    I’m sure you can do better than that …… next ….

Funny how you really dislike being challenged ….snide **** aren’t you ?

Next…….

Good post. Don't agree with you on Tanner, although i have to conceed that you have seen much more of him than i have. And i get that Erol Bulut is the common denominator, and that he is shit and he should have gone after the last game in my opinion. But to make 25 players shit, every one of them (Outfield) would take some doing, in fact, it would take some skill to nullify a whole workforce and take away anything good that they have. That's quite a feat. As fot not bothering next season, don't blame you one inch. I can't watch that garbage either. It makes me angry.
    Yeah, I ain't going to double down on my argument. You got me there on the 'some feat' point......but.....

....I'll take on board your football knowledge and experience. I have, however, seen whole teams in the workplace lose confidence though and start underperforming when they've the wrong leaders. Manager. Captain. Those mythical 'wunderkinds' who are good for the dressing room. It can all stack up to the perfect storm.

I'm not going to die on Tanner's hill either as I agree with you about something you've advocated for a long time this season. How is it that none of the players are taking the games by the scruff? You know from my posts I was a big Tomlin fan. I think he'd play his own game and bring everyone with him....regardless of Bulut's 'instructions'. It's probably why Warnock didn't get the best out of him....anyway....I digress (sort of).

Edit: ....still love Siopis though!

I’m sure you can do better than that …… next ….

Next…….
    Why do you constantly let people online bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Why do you constantly let people online bother you?
    Yer .. PM em , and tell invite them to say feck off to thier face, is good tactic .

Irony alert.

Irony alert.
    You're back!
    Must check the phase of the moon...
    Paracelsus' thoughts on moods and the moon " (this) mania has the following symptoms: frantic behaviour, unreasonableness, constant restlessness and mischievousness"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You're back!
    Must check the phase of the moon...
    Paracelsus' thoughts on moods and the moon " (this) mania has the following symptoms: frantic behaviour, unreasonableness, constant restlessness and mischievousness"
    That made me howl! 🌕

That made me howl! ��
    Lunatic or werewolf?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Lunatic or werewolf?
    Mrs Citizen reckons I’m a bit of both! 🐺🤪

Mrs Citizen reckons I’m a bit of both! ����
    I was reading that enquiries re: silver bullets from South Glam have spiked on ebay ....

The complete contrast in attitude in league and cup games is strange, but I would suggest that Bulut is largely responsible for the awfulness of most of City’s football in the Championship.Id argue that we play with nine mainly defensively minded players in the Championship and then you look at the defences we put out in the Cup games with Birmingham, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday and wonder is this really the same manager?

People are talking about Tanner in this thread, well he’s looked a different player in those cup games to the one we’ve seen in the league since the early autumn - Bulut lets the players off the leash when we’re not playing in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The complete contrast in attitude in league and cup games is strange, but I would suggest that Bulut is largely responsible for the awfulness of most of City’s football in the Championship.Id argue that we play with nine mainly defensively minded players in the Championship and then you look at the defences we put out in the Cup games with Birmingham, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday and wonder is this really the same manager?

People are talking about Tanner in this thread, well he’s looked a different player in those cup games to the one we’ve seen in the league since the early autumn - Bulut lets the players off the leash when we’re not playing in the Championship.
    This is what I was trying to say earlier but you've hit the nail on the head with
    Bulut lets the players off the leash when we’re not playing in the Championship.
    It was the same pre-season and though I can't say for sure, playing away, early part of the season (before Ramsey's injury) we looked dangerous. At home, his football is awful for the most part (a few exceptions). Can you imagine him still being here if we'd lost to Swansea and Bristol at home?

....a bit OT but Wintle and Bulut looked like they were arguing from where I sit near the technical area. There was definitely something going on.

Edit: I have to admit to not being objective about any of it though anymore. Like I've said before, I'm in a rut as a fan so I can't really analyse it the same way as I would watching games as a neutral. And like Tuerto....it just makes me angry...hence the the thread I started!

I think some of the comments are quite revealing. But none of it really matters. It’s only football. And it goes on and on and on.
    Probably more revealing about you that you took the time to honestly search for this and then post it here as if it helps justify your argument that Bullet is a shit manager, when only a few, if any are 100% backing him on this board.

I agree with NYCBlue.

Just as an observation, the ones he shipped out and replaced in Jan seems to have been better, almost like having time to properly asses them he realised he could get better, talking about the GK & CB.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Probably more revealing about you that you took the time to honestly search for this and then post it here as if it helps justify your argument that Bullet is a shit manager, when only a few, if any are 100% backing him on this board.
    You’re right. God forbid that any of us take the time to do a bit of research before posting stuff on here. What’s that all about? Truth is it doesn’t take much time at all if you know how to use Google, but still…

As for attempting to justify my argument, I don’t really have one. I think Bulut’s hopeless, but that’s more of an observation than an argument, and it’s based mainly on the rubbish I’ve been watching this season rather than anything else. But if others think he’s doing a decent job then that’s up to them. Nothing I say is going to change their minds and I’ve no desire to do so anyway.

You’re right. God forbid that any of us take the time to do a bit of research before posting stuff on here. What’s that all about? Truth is it doesn’t take much time at all if you know how to use Google, but still…

As for attempting to justify my argument I don’t really have one. I think Bulut’s hopeless, but that’s more of an observation than an argument, and it’s based mainly on the rubbish I’ve been watching this season rather than anything else. But if others think he’s doing a decent job then that’s up to them. Nothing I say is going to change their minds and I’ve no desire to do so anyway.
    In the other thread you argued or stated that this is now his squad, i was involved in that, that is why i felt this was a justification to that point you made, apologies. If you'd have replied in the same thread it would have made more sense to my thinking but for some bizarre reason on here, people always start new threads on the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    In the other thread you argued or stated that this is now his squad, i was involved in that, that is why i felt this was a justification to that point you made, apologies. If you'd have replied in the same thread it would have made more sense to my thinking but for some bizarre reason on here, people always start new threads on the same topic.
    I don’t think saying this is Bulut’s squad is an argument as such, but more a statement of fact really. That said, there has been some discussion as to whether it was actually him who signed these players or whether it was others behind the scenes at the club. That’s why I thought the dates of some of the arrivals and his comments about them were relevant. Some surprised me to be honest.

I don’t think saying this is Bulut’s squad is an argument as such, but more a statement of fact really. That said, there has been some discussion as to whether it was actually him who signed these players or whether it was others behind the scenes at the club. That’s why I thought the dates of some of the arrivals and his comments about them were relevant. Some surprised me to be honest.
    As you are, by your own admission, so good at Google- can you find any examples of a managers comments after signing a player that indicates he thinks they are shit and he doesn't really want them?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    As you are, by your own admission, so good at Google- can you find any examples of a managers comments after signing a player that indicates he thinks they are shit and he doesn't really want them?
    No.

I did some figures on another thread and I think we're about right in the table for our level of wage expenditure.

The transfer fees are interesting - Stoke are by far the biggest NET spenders with about a £17m net spend. Over half other clubs have actual made money from ins and outs. Our biggest issue here is that it's been years since we've sold any assets (or had any to sell) and that obvious effects how much we can spend on players coming in

You mentioned (tongue in cheek) to discuss Januarys business but i honestly think 3 that came in have been an improvement to who they replaced, Nat Phillips, Horvarth, and Josh WB....The others seem to be much of a muchness, which i think might be a better judgment of somebody in a new league figuring things out.

I was on the fence, leaning for him to stay because i think he's been hampered somewhat and the want of some continuity but the next few games i think will put a nail in the coffin for him from me.