+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didn’t realise David Marshall was still playing !

Re: Didn’t realise David Marshall was still playing !

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I was up for that game as well. They only had 3 stands at the time, and the ball got lost over a wall a few times during the game ��
    We also played Kilmarnock and Hamilton on that mini Scottish tour.
    They were right shitholes !
    Do you recall their fans booing Loovens because, apparently, he chose us over them. Wasn’t it a hedge or row of trees down that touchline to our left?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you recall their fans booing Loovens because, apparently, he chose us over them. Wasn’t it a hedge or row of trees down that touchline to our left?
    I seem to recall it was just a wall down one side, with a bit of waste land behind it.
    Can’t remember the booing of Loovens, but I do remember the Falkirk fans singing about how quiet we were, and this City fan standing near me , shouting “we only sing for teams with 4 stands” 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Fully agree. Edinburgh is a great city to visit and got plenty to do.

I love Glasgow too as its got plenty going on but usually found in The Horsehoe, Pot Still and a whole host of other public houses.

Done quite a few Pollok matches and even ventured into Shettleston last year to watch Glasgow United. Ended up in a pub in Shettleston which was interesting and great people.
    The Horsehoe is bang in the middle of the City Centre but still retains the grittiness of Glasgow , great place for a spot of people watching .
    You wont find any tourist information on drinking in Pollock or Shettleston anywhere . Visiting the locals pubs in any of the schemes is usually only for the brave ,specially if you aren't introduced. It may have matured somewhat in my absence.

What ever happened to Edinburgh Blue and Blue Jags?
    That may be who I mixed up Grangetown Blue with..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That may be who I mixed up Grangetown Blue with..
    Only been to Glasgow once Jimmy, to the Barrowlands to see Big Country. What a cracking venue that was.
    Also found a boozer the next day near Queen St train station called McSorleys. Live music all day and night, and the clientele were brilliant. A right mixture of old , middle aged and young.Some right characters amongst them. 👍

Only been to Glasgow once Jimmy, to the Barrowlands to see Big Country. What a cracking venue that was.
    Also found a boozer the next day near Queen St train station called McSorleys. Live music all day and night, and the clientele were brilliant. A right mixture of old , middle aged and young.Some right characters amongst them. ��
    I saw Simple Minds there when I was about 18, great venue , they were a bit of a local cult band in Scotland at the time , loved The American and Celebrate. Big Country , top band full of energy .
    You are on the border of civilisation in the Barrows. Just up the road there is an awful football team that play in green..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I saw Simple Minds there when I was about 18, great venue , they were a bit of a local cult band in Scotland at the time , loved The American and Celebrate. Big Country , top band full of energy .
    You are on the border of civilisation in the Barrows. Just up the road there is an awful football team that play in green..
    Hibs?