+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

So tomorrow sees us travel up to an in form Coventry who are pushing for a play off place , in the semi final of the cup and with a bumper bank holiday crowd behind them ( up to 30,000 expected ) the odds are firmly stacked against us

So how does Bulut set up the team ?

I think the back 4 and goalkeeper pick themselves at the minute

Its the midfield area that needs radical shake up . Do we start wit Rambo ? Siopis/Turnbull to start ? do we stick with Ralls / Wintle ?

Up tops I haven't got a scooby doo what we do

Think Coventry will run rampant first 20 minutes so its going to be back up against the wall most of the first half but hopefully we can soak up the pressure without conseding .

so with that in mind how would you fellow posters set up the team with what's available ?

Re: So Coventry Up Next

4-1 Coventry, whoever Erol picks

Stop press:- If he picks Tanner, 6-1

Just the sort of game we will sneak a 2-1 win.

Ramsey needs to start, before he finishes playing we need to get some value from his signing. Surely the players owe it to themselves to turn things around after the last two embarassing performances.

Can Colwill play a whole 90 minutes?

Playing away suits our ‘style’ ie minimum effort but without the crowd groaning. Another one like Friday and it’s double figures but equally I wouldn’t rule out a decent result.

I want to see Turnbull play, to see more of what he can offer. Ralls with Siopis to offer that combination rather than what we saw Saturday. Grant or Etete (if fit) up top. O’Dowda and Tanner on the wings. Ideally see more youth off the bench too.

It’s going to be the same formation.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us go there and win now.

I would try something a little different, not least as I see no point in playing the loanees for the rest of the season - 3-4-2-1.
    Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Collins; Tanner (or Romeo), Ralls, Ramsey, O'Dowda; Turnbull, Colwill; Ashford (or Meite).

Mark Robbins sky blue ccfc will leather buluts ccfc with pace skill and proper tactics.
    Expect our usual laboured passing around at the back with players that look totally uncomfortable doing so.
    4-0

COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Monday 1st April, ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: LEIGH DOUGHTY
    Assistants: Nigel Lugg and Graham Kane
    Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone

Tickets available on the day. Over 1600 sold.

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Haven't a clue what team will start. Perhaps time for Robinson to start. Ran around a lot Saturday even if there was no end product.
    Agree with other posters, time for loaners to he eased out. Certainly Bowler as he is offering little now.
    Just a guess
    Horvath
    Ng
    Goutas
    Phillips
    ODowda
    Siopis
    Ramsey
    Turnbull
    Grant
    Robinson
    Tanner

Horvath

Ng Goutas Phillips O'Dowda

Ralls Siopis

Ashford Turnbull Wilson-Esbrand

Colwill R

False 9, front 4 in rotation, players who can supposedly occasionally pass to each other. I think that hour we lost is having a weird effect but one can dream.

Hope no Wintle or Ralls in the same line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Horvath

Ng Goutas Phillips O'Dowda

Ralls Siopis

Ashford Turnbull Wilson-Esbrand

Colwill R

False 9, front 4 in rotation, players who can supposedly occasionally pass to each other. I think that hour we lost is having a weird effect but one can dream.
    No offence as love the idea but I haven’t seen anything in our players to think they have the brain power or ability to play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No offence as love the idea but I haven’t seen anything in our players to think they have the brain power or ability to play like that.
    None taken! Just a bit of wishful thinking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We’ve played our most attractive football in cup matches with similar type front fours (although, being Cardiff City, a target man always has to start). We’ve conceded lots of goals in these matches because we’ve played some barking mad defences.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve played our most attractive football in cup matches with similar type front fours (although, being Cardiff City, a target man always has to start). We’ve conceded lots of goals in these matches because we’ve played some barking mad defences.
    The debacle at Sheffield Wednesday in the cup was one of the best displays on the eye all season!!

Cardiff City:*Horvath, Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Siopis, Ralls (C), Turnbull, Bowler, Grant, Méïté.

Substitutes:*Turner, Romeo, Wilson-Esbrand, Wintle, Sawyers, Ramsey, O'Dowda, Tanner, Robinson.

Our favourite talking point colwill dropped from the squad. At least sawyers is on the bench if we need something special though

Glad to see he's persisting with our wonder player Bowler....

Christ what a poor side. Let's see if Turnbull can actually do something.

Really disappointed to not see Colwill in the squad as well. I also question why we bother having Sawyers on the bench who isn't going to be here. Why not give the spot to a youngster and give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Glad to see he's persisting with our wonder player Bowler....

Christ what a poor side. Let's see if Turnbull can actually do something.

Really disappointed to not see Colwill in the squad as well. I also question why we bother having Sawyers on the bench who isn't going to be here. Why not give the spot to a youngster and give them a chance.
    Absolutely. We'll probably get a convicing win now but at this stage I don't even care really if likes of sawyers and bowler are still being picked above youngsters. Ridiculous

Same old failures again....and Romeo and Sawyers on the bench....surely should be two youngsters....no wonder the more promising ones tend to leave.

In a way I hope we get hammered 6-0...maybe that will provoke some action.

He knows he's not staying and is taking the piss now?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Same old failures again....and Romeo and Sawyers on the bench....surely should be two youngsters....no wonder the more promising ones tend to leave.

In a way I hope we get hammered 6-0...maybe that will provoke some action.
    Yeah I'm feeling that. If we go there and win with that line up and bench I really don't care and will only make things worse long term with everyone saying he has silenced his doubters and there's no complaining when we win etc.... well I'm calling it now. Even if we do win I still don't care

Colwill with a knock in training according to Wales Online

At this point I don't really see the point playing the loanees, unless there's come kind of clause we have to meet regarding games played?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Colwill with a knock in training according to Wales Online

At this point I don't really see the point playing the loanees, unless there's come kind of clause we have to meet regarding games played?
    A knock to his confidence after reading all the threads about him on ccmb?