+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some game at Ipswich.

Re: Some game at Ipswich.

leeds 1 up

Crew on the bench for Leeds. He'd be nowhere near our first team had he stayed.

Can’t help but hope Ipswich go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    What has either post got to do wish bashing Bulut and the players? Des seems to have they're a level above us, he didn't even mention us in fact, you did that for some reason, and Maurice can be envious of their fans because we played hours ago and their joy is obviously more in the moment.
    Well there was quite a lot of negativity in the match thread, pre-match and during and the comments both Des and Mo made in this one pertained to us and seemed, possibly wrongly, a bit snide, especially after such an unexpected win against an in-form and "much better" team.

I'm pretty sure that both didn't take too much offence but, in case they did, I apologise Des and Mo as I should probably have crossed referenced the match thread.

My thanks to the self-styled Robin Hood of of the board for picking me up on my indiscretion.
    I shall strive to do better in future

leeds 1 up
    Ahem. Have you got the right thread?

Giles and Coyle gone off injured for Hull. Must be doubts for Saturday.

Dan James just scored from fifty yards - oh the irony.

4 live Championship games later, and I enjoyed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ahem. Have you got the right thread?
    Threads evolve, as we are forever told by Sludge etc. There was no "today's football" thread that I could see so evolved this one to accommodate it, initiative and al that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    4 live Championship games later, and I enjoyed them all.
    Wrong Fred bruv

Be interesting to see how many times they have come from behind to win this season

They do seem to get all the luck

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    But Martin is a prize Kent so deserves nothing - perfect day city win jack's lose and Martin suffers a last minute defeat - perfect

Hope soton miss out sack Martin and he disappears from the game
    Agreed he's a t0sser!

And Luke Williams gets the sack, was he drinking shots with those fifteen-year-old boys again after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed he's a t0sser!

And Luke Williams gets the sack, was he drinking shots with those fifteen-year-old boys again after the game?
    I did wonder about the shots and how well social media viewed him now as they were after him before our game so not sure the win over us will last long if they keep under performing - 1 out of 6 points from teams below them over Easter is not good - shame they have picked up some unexpected results prior to that which have probably kept them safe

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I am envious because they have a team that plays forward football with pace!!
    Ah but City beat them a few weeks ago and deservedly so. Does that not give you an inkling that perhaps we are not quite as bad as some people think and are capable of playing a better quality of football too ?

Ipswich are a bit if a mystery, because their achievement of holding a place at the top of the table for most of the season is nothing less than staggering, bearing in mind that they are basically a team of ‘journeymen’ who struggled to get out of League One for a number of years. Players like Luongo, Morsy, Chaplin, Burns, Harness, Jackson, Ball have been around the lower leagues for a while without ever really achieving anything. They have added a quality in the forwards this season but the backbone of the team is mainly the above with a few young academy players mixed in. It is definitely their forward play that is pushing them on. Their defence is rather average and they do concede alot of goals. If they don't go up this year then they will probably lose some of their better forward players and next year would be a much more difficult proposition. Most of the credit has to go down to the manager for organising them into a team that wins games.

They have conceded 51 goals, just 3 less than us

Wrong Fred bruv
    Ipswich was one of the games I watched, so technically on point bro

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They have conceded 51 goals, just 3 less than us
    They've also only scored 4 goals less from set pieces than us. However they've scored 3 times as many goals from open play than us, which is why they are aiming for promotion, while we've been inconsistent and bloody awful at times.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Be interesting to see how many times they have come from behind to win this season

They do seem to get all the luck
    If a team consistently comes back and gets results that can't be described as luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ipswich was one of the games I watched, so technically on point bro
    It was a snipe at McWhatsisname

If a team consistently comes back and gets results that can't be described as luck.

I think toe poking a ball towards the goal, whilst sat on your arse, in the 98th (or so) minute, could be described as lucky