+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bulut

International

Re: Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Clearly everything is rosy to you, no concerns, regardless of what others say. I'm wasting my breath.
    No, not really, I'm getting bored with the wrong type of goals and only one point wins, but you have a point on the entertainment, I think fans are starting to want a bit more and that's fair enough they pay their money.

Earlier you mentioned changes since COVID and promotions and that's a good point, I think that has changed many Cardiff fans' perspective.

We all want the same thing, I'm just a bit more patient I think, and see safety and a better harder working team as progress as I expected another terrible relegation-threatened season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Here's something to consider. Bulut actually does have a system of play, whether people love it or hate it or are indifferent is obviously down to preference, but for the first time since Malky? we have a manager who actually knows how he wants his team to play, where players should be, and a huge emphasis on what players do off the ball. Personally, i'm not a fan, when it's bad, it's really bad, and when it's good it's pretty bad as well! But, here's the question-I believe that at championship level Bulut's tactics could actually bring some success, even without the entertainment. Can't be arsed going into what he is actually attempting to do, we can all pretty much see what is happening. Although with the 'right' kind of player who can carry of Bulut's tactics rigidly, then i think that it could work in terms of getting to the play offs. Organised, disciplined, work rate, getting behind the ball etc is the order of the day, wide men are key. Would anyone on here accept this type of football if it brought relative success, gave us an identity, added with players who can play this way, therefore a more refined style although with the same type of performance? I think that i probably would.
    Improve the top third and it will look a lot better, like the start of the season but better again. A Striker and cover and a Ramsey replacement and better wingers and we are away.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I know what you mean it is getting boring, there is not long to wait. let's wait, see what Tan and Dalman think, and take it from there. Bulut has a six-game month to impress hopefully with Ramsey and O'Dowda can they improve the performances?
    Wish I shared your confidence in dalman and tan and behind the scenes planning - we been pretty much assured of championship football for a few weeks and to me those weeks have been wasted if they have not been lining up players planning pre season and having a plan re a manager most importantly

Without the relevant info from the club it is all conjecture and therefore becomes a bit of a circular debate

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Wish I shared your confidence in dalman and tan and behind the scenes planning - we been pretty much assured of championship football for a few weeks and to me those weeks have been wasted if they have not been lining up players planning pre season and having a plan re a manager most importantly

Without the relevant info from the club it is all conjecture and therefore becomes a bit of a circular debate
    I've just watched Buluts press conference, I think you are right Bulut is in limbo, Tan is not talking to him and he doesn't seem at all sure as to what's happening.

I would guess from that they are looking elsewhere which is worrying unless it's someone like Cooper, which I would still doubt.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/cardiff-city-tv

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Isn't it possible to play entertaining football and win? Are the two mutually exclusive?

Another question for you: were you a fan of Russell Slade?
    I just remembered after Slade who did a reasonable job of sorting the mess, although dead boring came Trollope

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I just remembered after Slade who did a reasonable job of sorting the mess, although dead boring came Trollope
    People forget that Slade was here at a time when we had parachute payments

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And from memory a very good squad when he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Slade was charged with slashing the budget and shifting all of the players that didn’t want to be here, and there were loads. Slade spent bugger all. He did a Dece t job. It was boring and he left when it was going very stale but I don’t know why he gets so much hate. He was miles better than the managers either side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. If Bulut persists with the sort of negative, tedious rubbish he and his players have been serving up for most of this season, I firmly believe the chances of achieving any sort of genuine success in the Championship are absolute zero - unless, of course, you consider avoiding relegation to be successful.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a brief break from this board until the season is over because I'm becoming almost as bored with talking about this guy as I am with watching his team play. There will be plenty to say when the season is done and dusted, and when we know for sure whether or not Bulut is going to get a new contract, but for now I think I'll leave it there.
    You really do think quite alot of yourself. You give the impression that you think that you are gracing our presence by merely posting on here and that you will be missed when you don't. In my opinion the exact opposite is true. This board drowns in negativity for a large part of the time and you are certainly a factor in that respect but I don't really think it is anything to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Slade was charged with slashing the budget and shifting all of the players that didn’t want to be here, and there were loads. Slade spent bugger all. He did a Dece t job. It was boring and he left when it was going very stale but I don’t know why he gets so much hate. He was miles better than the managers either side of him.
    Didn't we have close to 50 players at one point prior to Slade coming in or am I going madder than usual ??

With Slade i ask 8th with

Keepers Marshy,

Defenders - Peltier, Bruno, Morrison, Fabio, Connolly , Malone
    Midfield - Ralls, Whitts, gunnar, Dikachoi,O'Keefe
    forwards - Pilkington, noone, Ameobi,Harris, Zohore, Immers, Mason

Not sure many of our starters would start in Slades team that finished 8th.

At best Slade didn't cock it up but the team was not greater than the sum of the parts. Don't think the same about Bulut, the sum is definitely less than he is getting, yes it paint dryingly boring but he knows what he is doing

Supporters Trust statement:

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust Board today issued a statement because of growing uncertainty over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust Board today issued a statement today because of growing uncertainty over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

The Board said: "We are reliably informed that the decision on who shall be the club's manager for the 2024-25 season, and on what terms, has been solely in the hands of club owner Vincent Tan for some time.

"The Trust Board understands that as of today he has not made a decision on whether or not a new contract should be offered to the current manager Erol Bulut or the search should begin for a new manager.

"We strongly urge the owner to make that decision as speedily as possible to remove growing uncertainties and disquiet amongst fans about the matter. Cardiff City fans deserve certainty, given that at this time they are being asked to renew their season tickets or become new season ticket holders."

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Supporters Trust statement:

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust Board today issued a statement because of growing uncertainty over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

Cardiff City Supporters' Trust Board today issued a statement today because of growing uncertainty over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

The Board said: "We are reliably informed that the decision on who shall be the club's manager for the 2024-25 season, and on what terms, has been solely in the hands of club owner Vincent Tan for some time.

"The Trust Board understands that as of today he has not made a decision on whether or not a new contract should be offered to the current manager Erol Bulut or the search should begin for a new manager.

"We strongly urge the owner to make that decision as speedily as possible to remove growing uncertainties and disquiet amongst fans about the matter. Cardiff City fans deserve certainty, given that at this time they are being asked to renew their season tickets or become new season ticket holders."
    Sums us up really - going to start on the back foot again in the summer - what sort of faith does that show in bulut if he is eventually offered a contract IE why the delay (aside from any arguement if he deserves one or not)

Thought this was supposed to be the start of a project where dalman had rediscovered his mojo - aged well didn't it

Oh well pay up and suffer the uncertainty I suppose - like fecking groundhog day at this club

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Sums us up really - going to start on the back foot again in the summer
    Should be planning for the summer transfer window already shouldn't we?

I just want the ball to move forward quicker. I know this is the footballing purist forum but too much faffing around to do exactly what?

I think he knows what he is doing but its killing me watching Grant double up as a second full back. Perhaps he is too good for championship players, I don't know, and the squad is better than this time last year, so thank you, make the announcement and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Should be planning for the summer transfer window already shouldn't we?
    Exactly especially as we have known for a while where we would be playing

We all love Ramsey but why the hell is he coming on, he's finished. Bring on some young blood.

Diedhou coming on is pretty indefensible.

What struck me today was why we look good against some teams and really poor against others and I think its wingbacks.

3 at the back and a wingbacks hugging the line means Grant and even Bowler have to drop to mark them, as Perry and collins are tucked in tight. We have no answer except dropping our forwards deep!!!

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    What struck me today was why we look good against some teams and really poor against others and I think its wingbacks.

3 at the back and a wingbacks hugging the line means Grant and even Bowler have to drop to mark them, as Perry and collins are tucked in tight. We have no answer except dropping our forwards deep!!!
    I'd be interested to know who we have looked good against. Can you remember a game we dominated? Or a game when you thought we are going to batter a team. I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Diedhou coming on is pretty indefensible.
    Does have a sense of screw you im off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I'd be interested to know who we have looked good against. Can you remember a game we dominated? Or a game when you thought we are going to batter a team. I can't.
    Same shit different day, the sooner this guy goes the better, awful tactics , rubbish football, piss poor subs
    Complete waste of time going today

I bet Tan is drafting up a contact for him right now

get this disaster the hell out of my club..oh and chuck his useless lapdog in there too (siopisstaker)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Top of my head Rotherham, Jacks and Bristol....We were on it for a while. All below us in the league I know