Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
I wouldn't bother wasting your time Eric. A good post that will get the usual response by the usual posters.

For me its simple, you get to the point in life where there are more important things to devote your time to and if the football isn't giving you something in return like entertainment, excitement, getting your off your seat then I don't see why I'd give up my time.
Years ago I didn't care how we won, I just wanted to see us climb up from league 2 and didn't care how we did it, after 2 pops at the PL I don't really care if we get there again, bonus if we do but I'd rather enjoy going to games.

My daughter came for a while it was lovely to share that with her, inevitably she got bored, I gave up 2 ST and we did other things on the weekend, we still do. I have convinced her to come Saturday but I am not hopeful of entertainment. We have been awful at home.

Given the choice what would you pick on a Saturday? A day with a loved one or a day wondering if you'll score or even reach over double figures in shots attempted watching Wintle a DM play in an attacking role as the ball moves around the grass at a snails pace. They hardly make an effort, why should I?
I can relate to a lot of that. 15 years ago getting to the Premier League seemed to be the most important thing, I wasn't really concerned how, but that we managed it, particularly when Swansea beat us to promotion. Both PL seasons were adventures, though I felt more connected with Warnock's PL side. I wouldn't say no to a return and I dare say if we did win promotion again I'd celebrate as wildly as before. I sense we'll be a mid table side for a number of seasons, nothing wrong with that. We'll finish mid table this season.

Now is the time to evaluate what is happening at the club. Let's make sure each age group are playing the same type of football. Our youngsters are comfortable in possession and with the ball at their feet, yet the game the first team plays is very different and doesn't offer easy transition. Take Swansea, their possession based game is stamped throughout the club and it's no surprise their youngsters slot into the first team more easily than ours.

Since lockdown particularly, my main reason for going to games is to meet up with friends. Only twice can I remember being wound up by a defeat (both Jacks games). 15 years ago defeats would sometimes send me into a rage. After the last few seasons it's just a shrug of the shoulders. I get more pleasure from a good performance than pinching a late win. Someone once suggested I've fallen out of love with the game, but that's not true. I rarely miss a second of any game, whether there or by stream or radio. How the club progresses is important. Maybe I've mellowed as I've got older and my interests in us have changed.