+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bulut

Bulut

After Ipswich I would have been pleased for him to get a 2 year deal.

After Sunderland I would have been pleased to see him go.

But a manager who can get results like today after a dreadful failure must have something. 56 points is without doubt an improvement on last season for a manager with no previous experience of the Championship and who had a transfer embargo before January.

He's rather confusing. But I like him. I'm back in the 55% - 45% keep him this evening.

Unlike some posters on here I am able to change my mind. It's not a weakness.

Re: Bulut

He's still playing loan players over our youngsters, trying to finish higher up in no mans land. Absolutely no interest in developing anything here, he's told Sawyers to find a new club yet he's on the bench in place of a kid who could use the experience.

FWIW I have changed my mind, I was in Portugal and came back full of optimism. That's long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    He's still playing loan players over our youngsters, trying to finish higher up in no mans land. Absolutely no interest in developing anything here, he's told Sawyers to find a new club yet he's on the bench in place of a kid who could use the experience.

FWIW I have changed my mind, I was in Portugal and came back full of optimism. That's long gone.
    I agree and share the same frustration but then why would he when he needs results to get a new contract, he’s going to play in his opinion the best players available.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    But a manager who can get results like today after a dreadful failure must have something.
    Luck, perhaps?

What is it you like about Bulut? I’m not sure if you’ve ever said.

But a manager who can get results like today after a dreadful failure must have something. 56 points is without doubt an improvement on last season for a manager with no previous experience of the Championship and who had a transfer embargo before January.

He's rather confusing. But I like him. I'm back in the 55% - 45% keep him this evening.

It’s not the fact that he was able to get the results for me, it’s the manner in which we meekly surrendered away down West and on Friday

If you can’t get your side motivated at your nearest rivals, and then just turned out rather than turned up to make amends in the following game, that in my book is unforgivable.

The dreadful boring football has been hard to watch, but the fact that he has stuck with players who are bang average or worse at the expense of more skilful youngsters is a travesty.

He doesn’t inspire, and imho he’s been found out and the Championship is too big a job for him!

I won’t be to unhappy to see him leave at the end of the season, although stability is important, it’s only useful if you have the right coach in place

People will call for change then vanish when that change brings poorer results and performances

He's not manager of the year but who is ?

Leicester fans wanted their chap sacked before todays win

Football is bizarre

Whats the obsession with playing the kids? Colwill and Ashford will be loaned to a L2 outfit next season, they are not ready for the championship. Eli King and Issac Davies should have gone a season earlier, we hamper their development.

Coventry, Hull, Brum, Millwall, Soton and doubtfully Rotherham have something to play for. Boro may be the only dead rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Whats the obsession with playing the kids? Colwill and Ashford will be loaned to a L2 outfit next season, they are not ready for the championship. Eli King and Issac Davies should have gone a season earlier, we hamper their development.

Coventry, Hull, Brum, Millwall, Soton and doubtfully Rotherham have something to play for. Boro may be the only dead rubber.
    If Rotherham have something to play for when we play them, I'll give you £100

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If Rotherham have something to play for when we play them, I'll give you £100
    Yeah I know, forever an optimist, but I was surprised by how many meaningful games we have for the opposition

Re the kids, let's see what we've got. We've got literally nothing to play for and Bowler etc won't be back. I'd play Phillips as he's been fantastic and we'll want to keep him. Everyone else does it for God's sake, it can't be that hard and this is a free hit for us.

Re the kids, let's see what we've got. We've got literally nothing to play for and Bowler etc won't be back. I'd play Phillips as he's been fantastic and we'll want to keep him. Everyone else does it for God's sake, it can't be that hard and this is a free hit for us.
    But if they totally bomb it could set them and Bulut back and if they have the debut of their lives it could also set them back as we may keep them to be bench warmers. I assume Buluts contract trigger is based on league position, so it may be financially beneficial to him achieve the league position and if Tan doesn't want him agree a severance, just guessing.

But if they totally bomb it could set them and Bulut back and if they have the debut of their lives it could also set them back as we may keep them to be bench warmers. I assume Buluts contract trigger is based on league position, so it may be financially beneficial to him achieve the league position and if Tan doesn't want him agree a severance, just guessing.
    Tan doesn't rate Bulut. These last 6 games shouldn't count but because the football has been so bad, it apparently does. I want the kids to play because it is good for the club, and therefore good for me as I'll enjoy it. We've persevered with some players who are very bad at football at this level, why have Sawyers on the bench who is completely finished when you could have Joel Colwill?

I assume Buluts contract trigger is based on league position, so it may be financially beneficial to him achieve the league position and if Tan doesn't want him agree a severance, just guessing.
    I’d be amazed if Bulut has any sort of a contract trigger. Tan will decide if he gets a new contract or not. I very much doubt it’s any more complicated than that.

Tan doesn't rate Bulut. These last 6 games shouldn't count but because the football has been so bad, it apparently does. I want the kids to play because it is good for the club, and therefore good for me as I'll enjoy it. We've persevered with some players who are very bad at football at this level, why have Sawyers on the bench who is completely finished when you could have Joel Colwill?

How do we know Tan doesn't rate Bulut? We are closer to the playoff than relegation and all we have spent £2 mill on a 24 year old. I think without all the speculation he triggers the extension and if he doesn't they negioate a cheaper contract

Wasn't it a 1 year with a further 2? Surely there would be triggers

I must say, I have to agree with Llan on this.
    I am just as keen to see a bunch of home growns do well as the next man.

However, being out of contract in a matter of weeks, I wouldn't blame him if all he is thinking about is the highest league position he can possibly get.

He has a set of players playing a system that, although is not very popular to say the least, has managed to squeeze 56 points from 40 games.

To play a lot of untried kids, many of whom are probably not ready and will surely be out on loan next year could be the difference on someone taking a punt on him or not over here.

The decisions of them upstairs will determine what happens to us in future not the footsoldiers.

Today was a very pleasant surprise, but where was that attitude at Swansea and, even worse, having failed so badly in the derby, what was that on Friday?

Bulut can’t be as bad as me and others make him out to be, but ninety per cent of the last five months has been awful.

Considering what Bulut's said, no

Was it? I thought it was a one-year contract, no more, no less. But to be honest I wasn’t following the announcements too closely, so might be wrong. Although haven’t all the questions about contract negotiations come about because it’s just a one-year contract?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

However, being out of contract in a matter of weeks, I wouldn't blame him if all he is thinking about is the highest league position he can possibly get.

He has a set of players playing a system that, although is not very popular to say the least, has managed to squeeze 56 points from 40 games.

To play a lot of untried kids, many of whom are probably not ready and will surely be out on loan next year could be the difference on someone taking a punt on him or not over here.

The decisions of them upstairs will determine what happens to us in future not the footsoldiers.
    I don't care about Bulut though. People want to play the kids so we can have a look at them. I know it doesn't work like that but that's why there is a clamour for kids to play. Loads of other sides do it, too. Loads.

We've played a fair few players over the last 3 seasons that are so far off the level required, you have to wonder how playing a youngster could have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Was it? I thought it was a one-year contract, no more, no less. But to be honest I wasn’t following the announcements too closely, so might be wrong. Although haven’t all the questions about contract negotiations come about because it’s just a one-year contract?
    I would not bet I am correct, I may have got the Rambo deal mixed in there

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

I'm guessing he sees more reliability and safety in playing the older more experienced loan players. He could play the youngsters and lose every game and probably lead to his dismissal?

He thinks that a decent upper table finish no matter how we play is worth it .

I hear folk calling for a better or change of manager ?? I don't know who that would be, based on market values and what we realistically could afford .

How do we know Tan doesn't rate Bulut? We are closer to the playoff than relegation and all we have spent £2 mill on a 24 year old. I think without all the speculation he triggers the extension and if he doesn't they negioate a cheaper contract
    He's Dalman's man, if Tan rated him, he'd have a new contract.

We are but we've been dire for so much of this season, especially since November. I've asked myself a few times recently, am I wrong because I agree with Tan, or is it so bad even Tan can see it?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hear folk calling for a better or change of manager ?? I don't know who that would be, based on market values and what we realistically could afford .
    We've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league according to Paul Abantonado today. Managers up and down the country would cut their left arm off to come here, I hate this argument. We were a complete mess last summer, we're in a far better position now, and we got over 100 applications last time.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I agree too. This is now going to be my default response to all posts by anyone. I'm up for an easy life now!

Edit: I also agree with Pedro!