+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut

I was really enthusiastic about this season until we hit November.
    Stupid connection I know, but as soon as the players started putting on gloves…they turned a bit shite.
    Similar time to the Arsenal keeper getting time as well.

As far as Bulut goes…he has had his hands tied due to the transfer ban, has had some bad luck with injuries but has certainly not helped himself with being so rigid in formations and selections.

I would be inclined to give him another year and see what he can do in the next window.

Most of his signings have been decent I think.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I was really enthusiastic about this season until we hit November.
    Stupid connection I know, but as soon as the players started putting on gloves…they turned a bit shite.
    Similar time to the Arsenal keeper getting time as well.

As far as Bulut goes…he has had his hands tied due to the transfer ban, has had some bad luck with injuries but has certainly not helped himself with being so rigid in formations and selections.

I would be inclined to give him another year and see what he can do in the next window.

Most of his signings have been decent I think.
    Good post that was when it went wrong, that keeper did cost us a lot of points, in the first game I thought he looked OK at times, but he just got worse every game.

People argue that Bulut is defensive-minded, but in truth he's inherited, and brought in defensive, slower players. The Wintle/Ralls thing with new contracts implies more of the same next year, unless of course he's going to add a couple of pacy, energetic midfielders and a couple of strikers who aren't exclusively 'target' men. I'm still undecided on him, but what will sway it for me is the players he brings in this summer - if he stays..

I believe Ipswich away was the first game for Runnerson (spelling), should have been his last !!!!

We were coasting 0-2 until he got involved

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I believe Ipswich away was the first game for Runnerson (spelling), should have been his last !!!!

We were coasting 0-2 until he got involved
    Admittedly the keeper was crap but City surrendered at Ipswich with Buluts tactics.

That said, you could see a lot of progress and City on parts looked like they could play football. One goal in particular was particularly easy on the eye.