+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bulut

Re: Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I agree too. This is now going to be my default response to all posts by anyone. I'm up for an easy life now!
    I try and have a break, as I'm sure others do, from posting here, or at least try and choose my threads carefully.
    The "heavy" ones are putting years on me!

Your attitude does seem a lot less stressful

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I agree too. This is now going to be my default response to all posts by anyone. I'm up for an easy life now!

Edit: I also agree with Pedro!
    Strange thing is, so do I

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Strange thing is, so do I
    See, I'm not barking mad

We have only won against 3 teams in the top half of the table. Ipswich we scored 2 late goals, Preston we won against 10 men and Coventry. Bulut can't complete against good teams.

I'm sure I've seen interviews with Bullut in the last week or two where he has said he wants to play some youngsters in the last few games and had also said he wants to keep going and finish has far up the table as possible.
    Most of the football has been awful this season but our position in the table shows he has done a better job than the last few managers. On that basis I would keep him for another year. I have no confidence that the board could recruit anyone any better.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm sure I've seen interviews with Bullut in the last week or two where he has said he wants to play some youngsters in the last few games and had also said he wants to keep going and finish has far up the table as possible.
    Most of the football has been awful this season but our position in the table shows he has done a better job than the last few managers. On that basis I would keep him for another year. I have no confidence that the board could recruit anyone any better.
    Yes - he said that pre Sunderland.

Let's see if he comes through with the first bit of it. I think he suggested he would wait for the last four games to use the youngsters - once we are mathematically safe and/or the chance of a play off is mathematically gone. But actions, not words.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    We have only won against 3 teams in the top half of the table. Ipswich we scored 2 late goals, Preston we won against 10 men and Coventry. Bulut can't complete against good teams.
    We beat Bristol City home and away too.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Whats the obsession with playing the kids? Colwill and Ashford will be loaned to a L2 outfit next season, they are not ready for the championship. Eli King and Issac Davies should have gone a season earlier, we hamper their development.

Coventry, Hull, Brum, Millwall, Soton and doubtfully Rotherham have something to play for. Boro may be the only dead rubber.
    King did go on loan a season earlier, to be fair, but it didn't work out for him at Crewe and he came back in January. We couldn't send him out on loan again because we'd played him in a League Cup tie so he'd already played for two teams that season. With hindsight we could've sent Isaak Davies out on loan for the second half of last season but he was seen as part of the first team squad here at the time. Just one of those things that he struggled to find any form after his injury.

Reading some of the replies in this thread, you wonder how anyone under twenty ever plays league football. Far better to play the “tried and tested” - shouldn’t the last two performances before yesterday, especially Sunderland (who lost 5-1 at home to a team with one win in their last sixteen matches yesterday), be a huge argument in favour of giving someone like Colwill jr or Ashford twenty minutes or so at the end of the game? Yesterday was a good day, but the selection of Sawyers as one of the substitutes was depressing - I’ve been a Sawyers fan throughout his career, but he should not be involved in the first team squad at this time in his time with us. It’s just like Slade using one of my favourite City players, Danny Gabbidon, as a sub just before he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree and share the same frustration but then why would he when he needs results to get a new contract, he’s going to play in his opinion the best players available.
    Him getting a new contract isn't hinging on if he finishes 9th or 11th. We are now mid table, no mans land, not going up not going down.

Leeds had Gnonto injured, they brought Charlie Crew on to their bench. Bulut brought Sawyers back from the dead instead of giving one of the kids a chance, that's the thing about being a football manager, you may have to earn your contract from the board but ultimately its the fans that will have the biggest say, once you lose them its game over...Bulut has got to learn to play a little bit of politics..learn to appease the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    But if they totally bomb it could set them and Bulut back and if they have the debut of their lives it could also set them back as we may keep them to be bench warmers. I assume Buluts contract trigger is based on league position, so it may be financially beneficial to him achieve the league position and if Tan doesn't want him agree a severance, just guessing.
    If. this, if that.

Let's just do it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading some of the replies in this thread, you wonder how anyone under twenty ever plays league football. Far better to play the “tried and tested” - shouldn’t the last two performances before yesterday, especially Sunderland (who lost 5-1 at home to a team with one win in their last sixteen matches yesterday), be a huge argument in favour of giving someone like Colwill jr or Ashford twenty minutes or so at the end of the game? Yesterday was a good day, but the selection of Sawyers as one of the substitutes was depressing - I’ve been a Sawyers fan throughout his career, but he should not be involved in the first team squad at this time in his time with us. It’s just like Slade using one of my favourite City players, Danny Gabbidon, as a sub just before he retired.
    Sawyers has been a good Championship player, and I like him personally.

Imagine the message it sends to players like J Colwill. "He was nearly out the door but no club came in for him, and the manager still fancies him on the bench ahead of you"

This is another reason to have someone above the manager responsible for player transfers, but that's a non starter here because we have absolutely no identity and just let manager after manager come in and re style the team so we've always got a steady flow of deadwood blocking player development.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’d be amazed if Bulut has any sort of a contract trigger. Tan will decide if he gets a new contract or not. I very much doubt it’s any more complicated than that.
    It was announced as such at the time"...an option to extend if certain targets on the field are met."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65812806

I suspect it is a top 10 finish which is why he will persist with the loanees and not make room for the younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It was announced as such at the time"...an option to extend if certain targets on the field are met."

I suspect it is a top 10 finish which is why he will persist with the loanees and not make room for the younger players.
    Thanks, interesting. I wonder what those targets were? You’d have thought the local press would have done a bit of digging by now, especially as the question of Bulut’s contract comes up on a weekly basis.

Top 10 doesn't really make sense in my opinion, top 12 is top half which in my opinion would make more sense as a target.

I think he promised the play offs. Don't have anything to back it up mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thanks, interesting. I wonder what those targets were? You’d have thought the local press would have done a bit of digging by now, especially as the question of Bulut’s contract comes up on a weekly basis.
    Local press are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Imagine the message it sends to players like J Colwill. "He was nearly out the door but no club came in for him, and the manager still fancies him on the bench ahead of you"

This is another reason to have someone above the manager responsible for player transfers, but that's a non starter here because we have absolutely no identity and just let manager after manager come in and re style the team so we've always got a steady flow of deadwood blocking player development.
    Agree in what is the harm of putting youngsters on the bench at the expense of someone who will not be here until next year

However bulut isn't the only recent manager at Cardiff who have been reluctant to do this we have not been blessed with managers who were willing to blood the youngsters on a consistent and developmental basis

For me our recent succession of managers is down to lack of a coherent strategy at the club and this for me comes back to limited football experience at board level and a lack of reflection and lessons learnt over the last decade or so - we seem to make the same mistake time and time again

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've got the 7th highest wage bill in the league according to Paul Abantonado today. Managers up and down the country would cut their left arm off to come here, I hate this argument. We were a complete mess last summer, we're in a far better position now, and we got over 100 applications last time.
    I think in normal circumstances I would agree in terms of the attractiveness of the post but I suspect the big draw back would be working with Tan and we know this has been an issue when ole was told not to take the job and allegedly Bellamy won't come back if tan is here

I wonder how many of the alleged 100 were thrown straight in the bin and how many manager didn't even bother?? I also wonder if the 100 how many were you employed as it seems we seem to have a habit of promoting from within or taking free agents (this is from memory rather than research)

All in all though it has been another depressing season which seemed to start quite brightly but has been derailed for a few reasons rather than just one

Ah well back into breach come august

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agree in what is the harm of putting youngsters on the bench at the expense of someone who will not be here until next year

However bulut isn't the only recent manager at Cardiff who have been reluctant to do this we have not been blessed with managers who were willing to blood the youngsters on a consistent and developmental basis

For me our recent succession of managers is down to lack of just a coherent strategy at the club and this for me comes back to limited football experience at board level and a lack of reflection and lessons learnt over the last decade or so - we seem to make the same mistake time and time again
    Agree its not just not a Bulut thing, but he's the one in the firing line now so I suppose he's the one that's gonna get it.

It is definitely the fault of those above him, you can't blame a manager for looking out for his own interests, but again this is probably why we need a strategy, going above the level of the manager and implementing some long term plans, a strategy, a vision whatever people want to call it. The Cardiff way.. whatever it is referred as doesn't really matter but what they put in place does.

Look at what's broke and try to fix it.

The set up/ hierarchy is broken. It will always have Tan at the top so look below him. Choo and Dalman isn't working so either get rid or hire people in.

A single way of playing, so in the event we sack a manager (or god forbid he is poached for doing so well) the next manager coming in is easily identifiable, you have an identity, you hire the new manager if he fits what you are doing at the club, or in the unlikely event the manager has done a 10 year stint you could likely promote from within as the coaches at all levels would be playing the same way..UNLIKELY I KNOW.

If we are going to keep persisting with the way we play, then have the arcademy playing the same way so we can use the ****ing players

We undoubtedly have a poor squad but Bulut doesn't make the most of what we have. He's massively risk averse both in terms of the team he picks and his tactics.

I accept however that he may not be willing to play youngsters as it may not work and will lead to poor results which will affect both his chances of a renewed contract or getting a job elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Today was a very pleasant surprise, but where was that attitude at Swansea and, even worse, having failed so badly in the derby, what was that on Friday?

Bulut can’t be as bad as me and others make him out to be, but ninety per cent of the last five months has been awful.
    Just throwing this out there, but sometimes isn't it down to who we are playing and when? Coventry have a FA Cup semi-final at Wembley against Man United in two weeks. It would be only human to think that their players had one eye on that and our performance seemed better than it actually was?

As pointed out when it came to important games i.e Swansea we went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianKnight View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but sometimes isn't it down to who we are playing and when? Coventry have a FA Cup semi-final at Wembley against Man United in two weeks. It would be only human to think that their players had one eye on that and our performance seemed better than it actually was?

As pointed out when it came to important games i.e Swansea we went missing.
    Are you seriously suggesting Kitching doesn't fancy a game in the cup against ManUre?

Are you seriously suggesting Kitching doesn't fancy a game in the cup against ManUre?
    Man Utd have offered Coventry a couple of million for him…………….to be definitely in their team.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    You do know that the top teams usually beat the teams below them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Colwill was injured in training wasn't he ?