+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merthyr investigating racist remarks towards Hungerford player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Merthyr investigating racist remarks towards Hungerford player

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I am reminded of the incident at Reading a few years ago where we were accused of racial and homophobic chanting. Headline news across all media, yet no evidence ever produced. even the SWP at the game didnt know what is what about, so I'd hold off making comment until there's actual evidence.

No racial abuse. They were booing said player because of an incident at Farnborough a couple of seasons when he played for them and a Merthyr fan was nearly killed. There was a fight involving both sets of fans and players from Farnborough got involved. Said player was with two of his mates after the game who attacked Merthyr fans with baseball bats and one of them threw a big piece of paving slab at the head of a Merthyr fan and knocked him clean out.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No racial abuse. They were booing said player because of an incident at Farnborough a couple of seasons when he played for them and a Merthyr fan was nearly killed. There was a fight involving both sets of fans and players from Farnborough got involved. Said player was with two of his mates after the game who attacked Merthyr fans with baseball bats and one of them threw a big piece of paving slab at the head of a Merthyr fan and knocked him clean out.
    Did the player get charged over this Farnborough incident

I would hope SWP would look at wether or not this was the factor in any abuse , racial or otherwise ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Did the player get charged over this Farnborough incident

I would hope SWP would look at wether or not this was the factor in any abuse , racial or otherwise ?
    The player didnt, I believe his mates did along with a couple of Merthyr fans who were involved in the fight. This wasnt your average handbags outside the ground (although the original incident started inside rhe ground), its lucky someone wasnt killed. Spoke to a few people who were there, not football "lads" in the slightest, and they said it was a very scary situation.