+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rubin Has Had His Chances

He’s probably not as good or as bad as people make out but the truth is usually somewhere in between.

Problem is people over hype him and then on messages boards people feel like they have to retaliate and be overall negative because others are overall positive (I think that’s similar to Bulut debates).

For me I’ve never thought he was as good as others said but I wished him well, he clearly has talent. I think he’s benefited working under just one manager this season, I think his overall game is now much better than it was. The lack of assists is dissapointing but as people point out we aren’t a very good attacking team in open play generally, so it’s hard to expect a player like him to do it all especially when most of the forward play seems to come out wide.

When he’s played I generally think he’s done more than most, he keen to take the ball and will always try a pass even if it’s not the easy option. Personally think he’s done more the Turnbull, maybe bother together might work although not sure Bulut would consider it.

I did say on here at the start of the season I thought he should have gone on loan to a league 2 club and to play every game and to then come back hopefully full of confidence in January or to even move up to a league 1 club. That got shot down but I still think it would have benefited him long term.

He needs to play now until the end of the season and push on.

Re: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s probably not as good or as bad as people make out but the truth is usually somewhere in between.

Problem is people over hype him and then on messages boards people feel like they have to retaliate and be overall negative because others are overall positive (I think that’s similar to Bulut debates).

For me I’ve never thought he was as good as others said but I wished him well, he clearly has talent. I think he’s benefited working under just one manager this season, I think his overall game is now much better than it was. The lack of assists is dissapointing but as people point out we aren’t a very good attacking team in open play generally, so it’s hard to expect a player like him to do it all especially when most of the forward play seems to come out wide.

When he’s played I generally think he’s done more than most, he keen to take the ball and will always try a pass even if it’s not the easy option. Personally think he’s done more the Turnbull, maybe bother together might work although not sure Bulut would consider it.

I did say on here at the start of the season I thought he should have gone on loan to a league 2 club and to play every game and to then come back hopefully full of confidence in January or to even move up to a league 1 club. That got shot down but I still think it would have benefited him long term.

He needs to play now until the end of the season and push on.
    The game he is playing under Bulut isn't his game. He isn't a 'Workmanlike' midfielder, closing down and pressuring opponents isn't natural to him, he's a player with the ball, without it he's limited. That's not his fault, that's his shape and height, Although he's worked really hard at it, He deserves credit.

But then some people say that we should build a team around him, bring players in to compliment his ability, let others do his running etc. That all sounds great, but for that to happen you have to be a really good player, special, and you would have had to show on a consistent basis why all of those things should apply, and wait for it, even in a team that doesn't put emphasis on front foot football, because that's the situation he's in, and he has to make the most of it. In fairness, he does try, but it rarely comes off.

I hate the constant excuses on here for players. It's lazy, and some people use it as a way of attacking the club, when what they really ought to do is just attack the club! Nobody can criticise a player when they try creative stuff and it doesn't come off, or another player isn't on their wave length. But when a player is in a good position to make something happen and they don't, or take the wrong option, they it's on them, nobody else, it's their responsibility.

Thing is, i'd bet that most Professional people at the top of their tree take responsibility for their own performance, even when things are against them, because good people find a way to succeed, there's going to be adversity, things aren't going to go a footballers way, they have to work it out themselves, that's why they're out there doing something they love and are rewarded handsomely for it. That's the level of responsibility they have, They need to find a way. And that's why me and the rest of us are posting shit on here and aren't rewarded for something that we love doing, because we just have to turn up and put half a shift in, and nobody wants to pay to watch us.