+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester Losses

Leicester Losses

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68709502

That’s not the way to do it..

Could this be a reason why their promotion aspirations appear to have stalled?

Re: Leicester Losses

I don’t think so. I reckon they’ve been stuttering simply because they were never as good as people were making out. A very decent side by this division’s standards no doubt, but not the record-breakers some claimed they were going to be.

Birmingham have posted a £25.4 million loss and Ipswich an £18.2 million loss in the last couple of weeks as well.

It’s crackers, how can this go on? Is it ever going to be paid back or are the lenders content to get monthly payments at exorbitant interest rates? Baffles me!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The thing with Leicester is that for more than two of the three years (including 2023-24) the reported losses were in the premiership. Leicester are likely to appeal any threatened points deductions on that basis. That is points deductions should be made in the premiership

Promote them and then take the points off them. Use the parachute money from relegation to pay down their wage costs.

Vardy is still on £7m a year and most of the rest of the squad are still on premiership salaries. Their wage bill is huge.

We complain about Dalman and Choo but Rodger’s spent a huge amount of money and the Chief Exec ( not the owner) and the MD have completely lost the plot.

https://talkingballs.uk/threads/leic...out-ffp.41614/

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s crackers, how can this go on? Is it ever going to be paid back or are the lenders content to get monthly payments at exorbitant interest rates? Baffles me!
    You are not alone