+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham fan banned for this. Lookout the Canton Stand

Wrexham fan banned for this. Lookout the Canton Stand

Shirley gone too far ???????

Police body worn footage showed that Monk, who had no previous convictions, then returned with a group of other men, at which point he shouts at the Tranmere fans, calling them "dirty English b*******". Monk, who works as a chef at Maesgwyn Hall and the Fat Boar, was then arrested at the scene.
    Alex McKenzie, defending, said that Monk is
    "genuinely very sorry" for his "out of character" behaviour, and regrets sliding in to the use of a racist insult. She added that Monk was part of a larger group shouting similar things, and that insults were being returned by some of the opposing fans.
    Monk was banned from attending football matches for a period of three years. He was also fined £768.
    COURT
    WREXHAM

Re: Wrexham fan banned for this. Lookout the Canton Stand

Presumably they'll also be banning the entire away end for calling us sheep shagging bastards?

Ridiculous.

well . i'm sure he can appeal and get that down to 157 quid and then get a loan from the guy that helped out trump. that's how the law works these days in a democracy

see what i did there

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley gone too far ???????

Police body worn footage showed that Monk, who had no previous convictions, then returned with a group of other men, at which point he shouts at the Tranmere fans, calling them "dirty English b*******". Monk, who works as a chef at Maesgwyn Hall and the Fat Boar, was then arrested at the scene.
    Alex McKenzie, defending, said that Monk is
    "genuinely very sorry" for his "out of character" behaviour, and regrets sliding in to the use of a racist insult. She added that Monk was part of a larger group shouting similar things, and that insults were being returned by some of the opposing fans.
    Monk was banned from attending football matches for a period of three years. He was also fined £768.
    COURT
    WREXHAM
    Were they dirty English and illegitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Presumably they'll also be banning the entire away end for calling us sheep shagging bastards?

Ridiculous.
    With the right identity and pronouns you can achieve anything.

It's funny, people go on about the Welsh having a chip on their shoulder but this season I've been called a Welsh **** and a Welsh twat outside the ground whilst absolutely minding my own business. Nothing for years.

It's maybe a personal thing but in years gone by I'm not sure I've ever put the nationality before the insult. Just seems an odd thing for me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's funny, people go on about the Welsh having a chip on their shoulder but this season I've been called a Welsh **** and a Welsh twat outside the ground whilst absolutely minding my own business. Nothing for years.

It's maybe a personal thing but in years gone by I'm not sure I've ever put the nationality before the insult. Just seems an odd thing for me.
    Aye it used to be you taffy cant, now it's switched to Welsh or Sheep intercourse-er?

Has Taffy gone out of fashion?

Must be more to the story.

“Monk then returned with a group of men” sounds like something had happened previously. Had he been asked to leave or settle down? Is the ban/fine because of racism or something else?

George Orwell wants his storyline back!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    well . i'm sure he can appeal and get that down to 157 quid and then get a loan from the guy that helped out trump. that's how the law works these days in a democracy

see what i did there
    Yes, you brought your TDS obsession into a football thread

International

Hopefully, he's getting arrested in the documentary and we have an explanation to the Yanks of sheep lovers v's English Bar Stewards, and hooliganism in the games.

So could the English be called “you useless rivals from England” or something like this without any swear words or referring to illegitimacy without attracting punishment from the law?

The Wrexham fan has been treated very harshly, it seems to me. Society is too prickly these days.
    The Spanish official who tried to kiss one of his players is a similar point in question.
    In my day, men and women were legitimately fair game for one another in the clubs or at parties- what is happening to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    So could the English be called “you useless rivals from England” or something like this without any swear words or referring to illegitimacy without attracting punishment from the law?
    "You inefficacious compeers from somewhere yonder in the distance".

‘I hear the sound of distant bottoms
    Over there, over there
    And do they smell
    Rather unpleasant’

If South Wales Police enforced similar rules a large proportion of away fans would be banged up

Best stick to boo