+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit again - nothing to see here...

Brexit again - nothing to see here...

I have no intelligence to work this out for myself but Brexit does seem to be a stupid idea for your average person in the UK?

Of course, the BBC bring anti UK could be lying?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68726852

Re: Brexit again - nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I have no intelligence to work this out for myself but Brexit does seem to be a stupid idea for your average person in the UK?

How about the edible insects, or is it only fish, meat and dairy?

The BBC being anti-UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The BBC being anti-UK?
    Anti Tory, anti Brexit, I probably shouldn't post after drinking sauvignon blanc? I probably shouldn't post, end of?

I will say any criticism of Brexit and its imagined or not consequences is deemed unpatriotic by some and used as a measure of people's Britishness.

You pedantic old bugger.

Anti Tory, anti Brexit, I probably shouldn't post after drinking sauvignon blanc? I probably shouldn't post, end of?

I will say any criticism of Brexit and its imagined or not consequences is deemed unpatriotic by some and used as a measure of people's Britishness.

You pedantic old bugger.
    So you admit you were pissed, cocked-up and didn't write what you though you did - and it makes me a pedant when I questioned it?

So you admit you were pissed, cocked-up and didn't write what you though you did - and it makes me a pedant when I questioned it?
    Yes, about being half cut and stupid.

No, about you being pedantic.

Yes, now though.

X

Yes, about being half cut and stupid.

No, about you being pedantic.

Yes, now though.

X
    May you have a thousand offspring, old fruit.

May you have a thousand offspring, old fruit.
    Let's not wish that on the world.

Usual stuff from the BBC. Grand headlines that hinge on the words could and may. Gives a few furious people a chance to let off some steam in the comments section I suppose.

What they very rarely do is actually report on the facts.

Now we all know food inflation has risen everywhere in the last year or so,

Food inflation in the UK peaked at a very high 19.1%

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...food-inflation

In the sacred beloved EU as a whole it peaked at a slightly higher 19.2%

https://tradingeconomics.com/europea...food-inflation

You can see it all at the links. Do extra charges help? Course not. Are they in any way significant to food prices versus things like the weather or supermarket competition etc? Absolutely not.

You are being played, by people who didn't get their way in a referendum and have never accepted it.

I'll gladly repost food inflation stats in six months time.

Oh, we’ve accepted it - we’re just still waiting to see the benefits

The BBC being anti-UK?
    In your opinion , there is enough evidence to suggest that they are anti Brexit ,Tory , moving away from christianity and english based religion ,seems to support its asian reporters that have anti western values which the UK is part of, its inability the not call Hamas Terrorist after October attacks was strange and seen by many as anti british /western .

https://vfjuk.org/does-the-bbc-reall...e-that-stupid/

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Oh, we’ve accepted it - we’re just still waiting to see the benefits
    Its not about immediate benefit ,we need to see what may occur once the impact of a war in Europe , Covid Cost is smoothed out .

The whole world has seen a massive inflationary impacts not form Brexit but the event such as Ukraine and a pandemic ,as a result we now see the push for more wages rises and more inflation , its all about the broader issue ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In your opinion , there is enough evidence to suggest that they are anti Brexit ,Tory , moving away from christianity and english based religion ,seems to support its asian reporters that have anti western values which the UK is part of, its inability the not call Hamas Terrorist after October attacks was strange and seen by many as anti british /western .

Try again using intelligible sentences. As for 'english based religion' [sic]:

Its not about immediate benefit ,we need to see what may occur once the impact of a war in Europe , Covid Cost is smoothed out .

The whole world has seen a massive inflationary impacts not form Brexit but the event such as Ukraine and a pandemic ,as a result we now see the push for more wages rises and more inflation , its all about the broader issue ..
    But for how long will Brexiteers blame the war and pandemic for poor economic performance? Indefinitely, I’d imagine.

So, in one sense you’re calling out the BBC for not being impartial but then give an example of when they are being impartial and say it is wrong

You pedantic old bugger.
    I drink a bottle of sauvignon blanc as a chaser before I crack open a beer and it stops me from getting drunk.

But for how long will Brexiteers blame the war and pandemic for poor economic performance? Indefinitely, I’d imagine.
    For as long as you keep on getting all of your information from the same news sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    For as long as you keep on getting all of your information from the same news sources?
    Point me in the direction of a news source that says Brexit is winning.

Where is your evidence things are much worse here? The only actual data produced here (by me, above) shows that food inflation was actually marginally higher in the EU last year.

Good grief!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Where is your evidence things are much worse here? The only actual data produced here (by me, above) shows that food inflation was actually marginally higher in the EU last year.
    Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?
    If you are of the opinion that things are pretty much the same and that inside or outside the EU doesn't make an enormous difference then we are on the same page! Great to agree!

The point I’m getting at is that things haven’t improved as a result of Brexit,which Brexiteers will put that down to wars and pandemics. At what point will they stop blaming the lack improvement on those factors? As I said upthread, I’m still waiting to see the benefits.

As for 'english based religion' [sic]:
    CofE?

The point I’m getting at is that things haven’t improved as a result of Brexit,which Brexiteers will put that down to wars and pandemics. At what point will they stop blaming the lack improvement on those factors? As I said upthread, I’m still waiting to see the benefits.
    For me it has to come through in the next year or two. We left the EU about four weeks before covid hit. Ukraine hit immediately after that. Even the greatest brexit-phobe going would have to admit the timing was bad. I'm just glad it was sorted before covid hit.

All European economies have been rocked to the core by both things. The idea that Brexit was behind any of it is simply not true, and it's also true that quite plainly Covid interrupted much progress in that respect and in many other policy areas.

Nearly every govt in power during covid has been voted out or will be. None of this is unique to UK at all.