+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

Dear all,

Leading up to the Euro tournament in June this year, I am conducting some research looking at fans’ views towards the role of football in response to military conflict. For those interested in this topic, I have created a short survey that should not take up too much of your time: https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...zZmrJfShOSBDDw

Participation is completely voluntary, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this topic.

Re: University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

Quote Originally Posted by theacademic View Post
    Dear all,

Leading up to the Euro tournament in June this year, I am conducting some research looking at fans’ views towards the role of football in response to military conflict. For those interested in this topic, I have created a short survey that should not take up too much of your time: https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...zZmrJfShOSBDDw

Participation is completely voluntary, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this topic.

Re: University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

I filled it in. Interesting topic

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I filled it in. Interesting topic
    It's a complex issue and goes beyond football, of course. Boycotts, social issues being promoted in and around sport, human rights abuses of participatory countries, government troops matching in stadiums by invitation when they may have been involved in illegal occupations abroad and a lot more other aspects to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's a complex issue and goes beyond football, of course. Boycotts, social issues being promoted in and around sport, human rights abuses of participatory countries, government troops matching in stadiums by invitation when they may have been involved in illegal occupations abroad and a lot more other aspects to think about.
    Indeed. I did the best I could!

Many thanks JamesWales and anyone else who has completed the survey. It is still live if anyone has a spare few minutes to share their thoughts.

Last shout to see if anyone has a spare few minutes to help me out with this research project.