+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dimi Stats so Far This Season

Dimi Stats so Far This Season

turns 30 today notice the passing accuracy too !!

Re: Dimi Stats so Far This Season

We all know that stats don't tell the whole story. Defenders who spend a lot of time passing back and forth among themselves can easily rack up a high percentage of so-called 'accurate passing'.

It reminds me of the maxim of not mistaking movement for progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We all know that stats don't tell the whole story. Defenders who spend a lot of time passing back and forth among themselves can easily rack up a high percentage of so-called 'accurate passing'.

It reminds me of the maxim of not mistaking movement for progress.
    I agree about the stats. I remember everyone raving about Gary Medel's 90 odd percent passing accuracy - when every pass pass 2 yards sideways or backwards.

Stats aside though Dimi's been a great signing.

I think older defenders like Dimi struggle in a sense to come to grips with the modern passing game hence the need to pass in a a safer way ie backwards, or to the sides , for me he has done very well to adapt to our league after an awkward unceration start and a lot of that progress is down to the manager .

If any one has played in his position they will know , it can be a very tough gig when facing speedy smaller players and in this league they can be very skillful youngsters on loan from the Premiership ..

And as we know one or two mistake in a 90 minutes can cost a game , where as a forward or winger can get away with murder , the responsibilities of a defender is far greater than many positions on the filed therefore its a 100% performance /concentration game from the likes of Dimi , .

I try and give defenders a bit of slack especially ours .

I thought this was a thread about our old loan keeper sensation Dimitrios Konstantopoulos

Anyone else remember him? Or maybe his clangers?