+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fancy a pint....at The Vulcan?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fancy a pint....at The Vulcan?

Bet it'l be f'king lager and some kind of keg "creamflow" shite.
    They won't do enough turnover to have real ale.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Maybe one of those 'craft' beers, perhaps with a light, fruity flavour. Can't recall where [!!] but a few months' ago walked into a pub where there were probably a dozen or so different 'pumps', not one proper beer. Not even a bottle in their chillers..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe one of those 'craft' beers, perhaps with a light, fruity flavour. Can't recall where [!!] but a few months' ago walked into a pub where there were probably a dozen or so different 'pumps', not one proper beer. Not even a bottle in their chillers..
    you've just described 90% of pubs these days

this obsession with cirtussy hops in craft beers is terrible. I'm sure it's because they don't know how to make a proper beer taste nice, so they just bung as much citrus flavour in to mask everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    you've just described 90% of pubs these days

this obsession with cirtussy hops in craft beers is terrible. I'm sure it's because they don't know how to make a proper beer taste nice, so they just bung as much citrus flavour in to mask everything else
    I don't think that anyone actually knows what any of that shit means anyway. It's just marketing 'Buzz' talk. I'm not a drinker, but when i used to have the odd pint i couldn't believe (After tasting them) that people would throw Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters etc down their necks. Fosters tastes like melted plastic. It truly is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that anyone actually knows what any of that shit means anyway. It's just marketing 'Buzz' talk. I'm not a drinker, but when i used to have the odd pint i couldn't believe (After tasting them) that people would throw Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters etc down their necks. Fosters tastes like melted plastic. It truly is disgusting.
    And Budweisser and becks-Grolsch or whatever it's called, Vile.

They’ve produced a ‘Vulcan Ale’, and the lager is quite good also.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    They’ve produced a ‘Vulcan Ale’, and the lager is quite good also.
    They've produced some labels which say "Vulcan Ale", and slapped it on a tap of something they've had around for ages (Rev James, maybe? is it a Brains pub???)

They've produced some labels which say "Vulcan Ale", and slapped it on a tap of something they've had around for ages (Rev James, maybe? is it a Brains pub???)
    There are no Brains pubs, they are either a Marston’s or an independent these days