+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could the jacks go down ?

Re: Could the jacks go down ?

It would be good for them to have a derby against Wrexham though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    They really did put their all into their cup final against us didn’t they ( still p*sses me off our team just rolled over for them). Can’t see them going down as they have a healthy gap but it might cause them a few flutters before season ends
    It was a shocking performance down there

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I would love it - living just outside Swansea nothing would give me more satisfaction in a season of no success for us this is the next best thing - especially after their antics after the last derby

However it is not going to happen but it's good to dream 👍👍
    You want Swansea to go on a 3 game winning streak? I posted what I did because the OP has form..

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Indeed. This is the same view I have held since around derby day. Everyone from 15th to 23rd are in the scrap as the gap is small.

Four things say to me that Swansea will be sucked further into the fight.

1. Form

Looking at form they are not good compared to those around them. I think there are only three teams or so between 15th and 23rd with worse form so they will likely be dragged down further

2. Fatigue

Luke imposed a style on them reminiscient of former days. The trouble is without a deep squad, frequent resting (like Man City and Arsenal), or and being conditioned for this style over a longer term horizon, this style brings post January fatigue and injuries, especially hurting old players or fresh youth ones. Man United have this issue with an injury crisis today. Leeds and Norwich were relegated from the Premieship because of it too. Swansea are now getting it too. The system is high intensity but it also relies on a deep squad of players who all have the high-octane sprinting ability and all knowing the system, and loan players in January often makes no difference due to the time needed to acclimatize (why Klopp often doesn’t do January loans).

The squad isn’t deep enough and they are knackered. Against us they managed to live off hate and emotion but that isn’t sustainable. As I said before our derby, and after it, their fundamentally unsound footing will continue. Here we are - continued shocking form since as a result of being drained.

3. Collapsed morale

They raised morale against us due to some drunken ranting “oratory” by their team chef, but that proved short-lived, as I predicted. Ronald Mc Donald continues to draw blanks and has no end product and all the post-Jan hype on him has died. They knew they would not reach the playoffs, but neither did they believe they would need to be up for a relegation fight. The fans online seem down in the dumps. Players are arguing. Coach today says “These performances not acceptable”. Note the words “These” and not “This”. This is a pattern, not one-offs.

4. Performance

I was watching yesterday their stats v Boro. 497 v 337 passes to Swansea. 61% v 39% possession to Swansea. But look at the stats that matter, and what does this produce? Shots on target were 12 v 7 to Boro. Shots on target 4 v 1 to Boro. Shots off target6 v 4 to Boro. How many “Clear Cut” chances by Swansea? An astonishing 0.

So for all fhe passing and possession they are creating little. Remember in school there was always a little squirt that shouted “I’m gonna kick your head in” but never threw a punch in six years and ran away from a fight. Like Scrappy Doo in the Scooby Doo cartoon. That is Swansea at the moment. All that possession without a shot on target is a waste of time. I think Brendan Rogers called it “Resting on the ball”. Well Swansea do so much resting even the fans and players are falling asleep it seems.

Goal difference probably suggests they will land around 18th because even with their piss porm they are bound to pick up a few surprise points. Watching them squirm in pain will make me smile but they will do just enough to survive. Buf if the don’t spend in the summer and deepen the squad they could be in trouble again next year.
    Hope your swansea predictions and analysis are better than your cardiff predictions and analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Hope your swansea predictions and analysis are better than your cardiff predictions and analysis.
    Yes he predicted we’d batter them at their place too

Impossible. They've been the most dominant team in Wales for the last 40 years. They will certainly finish above us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Impossible. They've been the most dominant team in Wales for the last 40 years. They will certainly finish above us.
    Well they certainly have been for the last 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No.
    There isn't a god ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You want Swansea to go on a 3 game winning streak? I posted what I did because the OP has form..
    Nah obviously replied to the wrong reply - I wouldn't want Swansea having a winning streak of one

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Does that include this year?

Haven’t we. Been in the PL more recently too?

Since we were both in the 2nd division in the 1980/81 season (and they won promotion), they've finished above us 25 times, we've finished above them 18 times.

Swansea finished above us in the league in 2000/01 when we were last in the bottom division. We then enjoyed 9 seasons finishing above them in the league. That changed in 2010/11 when they won promotion and have finished above us in 11 of the last 13 seasons.

Overall we've finished higher than Swansea 59 times. They've finished above us 37 times.

Since we were both in the 2nd division in the 1980/81 season (and they won promotion), they've finished above us 25 times, we've finished above them 18 times.

Swansea finished above us in the league in 2000/01 when we were last in the bottom division. We then enjoyed 9 seasons finishing above them in the league. That changed in 2010/11 when they won promotion and have finished above us in 11 of the last 13 seasons.

Overall we've finished higher than Swansea 59 times. They've finished above us 37 times.
    In the memory of most of us Swansea spent two years in the old first division under toshack and 7 years in the Premier league when apart from the relegation season they did pretty well even from our malevolent eyes

And they won the carling Cup

We went up twice in that time and went straight back down

We got to two cup finals but lost both

Finishing higher in the league format without actually winning anything is a pretty generous accolade

Whichever way you want to look at it that lot have been the most successful south wales side in the last 40 years

To argue otherwise is churlish and embarrassing

According to statto man

11 of last 13 seasons has has seen Swansea finish higher than us

Since 1980 they have had 25 seasons where they have finished higher than us and we have finished higher than them 18 times

I think that is a bit of a loose determiner but in recent years Swansea were in the top flight for 7 seasons , winning a cup

And we were promoted and immediately relegated , twice

I can't stand the jacks but it's a bit silly to argue that we have been a better side than them since 1980 onwards

I would not put any money on it

In the memory of most of us Swansea spent two years in the old first division under toshack and 7 years in the Premier league when apart from the relegation season they did pretty well even from our malevolent eyes

And they won the carling Cup

We went up twice in that time and went straight back down

We got to two cup finals but lost both

Finishing higher in the league format without actually winning anything is a pretty generous accolade

Whichever way you want to look at it that lot have been the most successful south wales side in the last 40 years

To argue otherwise is churlish and embarrassing
    Absolutely. Apart from some tooing and froing in the 90s, we had the upper hand in the 2000s while they struggled, then while we floundered in trying to win promotion to the Premier League, they managed it in 3 seasons. Even for our successes in Europe, their win at Valencia is probably the biggest win by a Welsh team ever in Europe.

One could almost say they've been a better run club as well, until recently and the Yanks took over.

Absolutely. Apart from some tooing and froing in the 90s, we had the upper hand in the 2000s while they struggled, then while we floundered in trying to win promotion to the Premier League, they managed it in 3 seasons. Even for our successes in Europe, their win at Valencia is probably the biggest win by a Welsh team ever in Europe.

One could almost say they've been a better run club as well, until recently and the Yanks took over.
    Tosspots

Is it bad if I’d prefer Stoke to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Is it bad if I’d prefer Stoke to go down?
    No

It's still SCFC so you are quids in

said like a true caravan owner :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No, they won’t go down. And that is good for Welsh football. Anyone who thinks otherwise is friggin’ stupid.
    How many Welsh players in their team ?

Just asking, like ?

Yes

I would take a certain pleasure from it.

Any rational adult would also recognise that it'd be a bit spiteful and infantile to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I would take a certain pleasure from it.

Any rational adult would also recognise that it'd be a bit spiteful and infantile to do so.
    Last sentence pretty much the DNA of most dedicated football fans when it comes to rivalry 🤔

International

Unlikely but only 5 points above the relegation places

Is there a god ?
    Not sure, but I might start Praying for this just in case there is, I would even go to church every Sunday until the end of the season and give up beer if that would help him help us!