+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone explain

Can anyone explain

The point of going to a game to just slag off your suppoised own team and manager for 80 odd minutes? Bloke and his mate sat near us yesterday, never seen them before. From about the second minute until they left with about 10 minutes to go constantly bitching and moaning. The one guy, big bald chap, was particularly vociferous and had a big dislike for Collins and to a lesser extent Meite. And of course he was full of telling the manager where to go. Fortunately he was a bit less shouty second half, especially when we scored. I don’t get what someone like that goes to a game for? I get we weren’t great again yesterday, but at least support the team you’ve come to watch! It reminded me a bit of Crewe away in the cup when a known hooligan from back in the day was racially abusing a City player, and the FA Cup final when the teenagers behind us were again racially abusing a City player. Surely a “supporter” supports?
    Last edited by bluesp; 07-04-24 at 05:46. Reason: Typo

Re: Can anyone explain

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    The point of going to a game to just slag off your suppoised own team and manager for 80 odd minutes? Bloke and his mate sat near us yesterday, never seen them before. From about the second minute until they left with about 10 minutes to go constantly bitching and moaning. The one guy, big bald chap, was particularly vociferous and had a big dislike for Collins and to a lesser extent Meite. And of course he was full of telling the manager where to go. Fortunately he was a bit less shouty second half, especially when we scored. I don’t get what someone like that goes to a game for? I get we weren’t great again yesterday, but at least support the team you’ve come to watch! It reminded me a bit of Crewe away in the cup when a known hooligan from back in the day was racially abusing a City player, and the FA Cup final when the teenagers behind us were again racially abusing a City player. Surely a “supporter” supports?

Wait a moment, you just said that these two guys had shown a dislike for both Collins and Meite. Then you attempt to draw parallels between past incidents of racial abuse from City fans. Are you suggesting that these two were guilty of racial abuse too? If so, why didn't you report them?
    If all they did was moan and complain, then welcome to football! They paid their entrance money the same as you.

BTW: I have a mild dislike of Meite and Collins as footballers, I happen to think they're not very good.

I didn’t say they were guilty of that, more that they made the match experience uncomfortable in the same way.
    Whether the players are good or not I’d rather give them a chance every game they play. I go to the games to support them team not looking to moan from pretty much the start. I guess we are all different though

I didn’t say they were guilty of that, more that they made the match experience uncomfortable in the same way.
    Whether the players are good or not I’d rather give them a chance every game they play. I go to the games to support them team not looking to moan from pretty much the start. I guess we are all different though
    But why even mention racist incidents?

For me, there's a hugely different degree of feeling uncomfortable when someone is hurling racist abuse compared with someone who is not happy with how a player is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    But why even mention racist incidents?
    They were two comparable personal experiences that came to mind. I can’t remember many other similar people I’ve sat or stood next to in the years of home/ away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    For me, there's a hugely different degree of feeling uncomfortable when someone is hurling racist abuse compared with someone who is not happy with how a player is playing.
    Of course. The point I was trying to make was about supporting the team as opposed to looking for a reason to get on a player’s back from the get go. In hindsight I should have left out those two events.

Of course. The point I was trying to make was about supporting the team as opposed to looking for a reason to get on a player’s back from the get go. In hindsight I should have left out those two events.
    Fair enough!

Its just frustration mate. The city may be high on his life priorities, places a lot on the day and sees two players nowhere near the level he expects.

He could have been me apart from I am not bald, although I spent all game saying how overrated Siopis is after about the tenth time he gave the ball away and how lucky we are to have Ralls.

I have to say my reaction to the dross we were again served up yesterday was apathy. It was so soul destroying all I could muster for our goal was a polite clapping of hands. I wasn't in the least surprised when they scored minutes later although the comedic nature was a novelty at least.

I freely admit I don't know who we'd appoint as a replacement for Bulut. I do know that the idea of suffering the same boring, unadventurous crap next season makes me question whether I want to renew my ST after a few decades of having one. If Bulut has an idea of what he's trying to do at the club, other than boring us to death, I don't.

It wasn't me. Throughout the season I've been raising my eyes up to the Almighty in thanks and praise for our glorious team and the football they've delivered week in, week out..

I agree with the OP here. I was at the game yesterday and it was abysmal. I’ve been going down the City since the 70’s, and seen some right dross over the yrs, but I’ve never once got on a players or managers back, or shouted abuse during a game.i’d rather let them know at the half time whistle, and the full time whistle.

You want people to explain why strangers they've never met are frustrated and disillusioned with the club and being vocal about it right now?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I agree with the OP here. I was at the game yesterday and it was abysmal. I’ve been going down the City since the 70’s, and seen some right dross over the yrs, but I’ve never once got on a players or managers back, or shouted abuse during a game.i’d rather let them know at the half time whistle, and the full time whistle.
    Wise words

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You want people to explain why strangers they've never met are frustrated and disillusioned with the club and being vocal about it right now?
    Not quite what I was getting at. More about the bringing of negativity to the game from the start, singling out players based on perceived previous displays rather than what you’re seeing. The individual in question clearly made people around him uncomfortable with his very loud opinions btw

Not quite what I was getting at. More about the bringing of negativity to the game from the start, singling out players based on perceived previous displays rather than what you’re seeing. The individual in question clearly made people around him uncomfortable with his very loud opinions btw
    That’s one of the negatives about all seater stadiums. If you’re near an arsehole, then you’re near him all season. On the terraces you could just move about.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s one of the negatives about all seater stadiums. If you’re near an arsehole, then you’re near him all season. On the terraces you could just move about.
    Haha hadn't thought about it like that - moving seats then becomes a game of jeopardy as sometimes the better the devil you know 😂

ive never abused a player, I dont even boo them at 1/2 and full time, so I guess to some on here im a " happy clappy fan "

never really felt its right, apart from Paul Parry in the last game at NP, he was atrocious, and I did shout abuse at him

I look at the posts on here, yes sure some will never be happy and will only ever post negative stuff, but thats the way it is, some are only happy when moaning and bitching, some are negative glass 1/2 full folks

Ive been taking in more non-league games this year ( logistics of coaching a team Saturday morning and driving up the M4 to Wales, its just not doable ) mainly at Bath, while the attendance is under 2 K, you never hear fans moan at players, not once have I heard any, yes the ref and Lino's take dogs abuse, but the players get none , I wonder why that is ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    ive never abused a player, I dont even boo them at 1/2 and full time, so I guess to some on here im a " happy clappy fan "

never really felt its right, apart from Paul Parry in the last game at NP, he was atrocious, and I did shout abuse at him

I look at the posts on here, yes sure some will never be happy and will only ever post negative stuff, but thats the way it is, some are only happy when moaning and bitching, some are negative glass 1/2 full folks

Ive been taking in more non-league games this year ( logistics of coaching a team Saturday morning and driving up the M4 to Wales, its just not doable ) mainly at Bath, while the attendance is under 2 K, you never hear fans moan at players, not once have I heard any, yes the ref and Lino's take dogs abuse, but the players get none , I wonder why that is ? ?
    I'm the same - never moan at the players directly - yes groan when things don't go well or mistakes are made but never seen the point of this and never seen getting on the teams back make a noticeable difference

I really object to a player getting ironically cheered when they get substituted if they have had a bad game as I can't believe any player goes out with the intention of not doing their best

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    as I can't believe any player goes out with the intention of not doing their best
    this is the point, these players are professional / elite footballers, they are judged all the time with stat's, a few rubbish games and that stays with them, when contracts are renewed or they are after a new team, they want the best stat's they can get

even if they have no pride in the shirt, them stat's are important and they dont go out to get bad ones

I'm with you here. I can't see how getting on the players' backs helps anything. Trouble is on here, as Blue Matt says, that you're seen as a happy clapper if you're not frothing at the mouth 24/7 so you're part of the problem.

As I said about Ralls in another thread, players don't make mistakes on purpose and they know when they've mishit a pass or whatever, they don't need people pointing it out to them and then reminding them about it all game. How's that going to help their confidence? Each to their own though, I guess.

I've been going since the seventies too and seen some very,very poor City sides down the years but never once booed a City side off the pitch and never shouted anything I wasn't prepared to say to their face should the need arise.

Not saying I agree with being negative rom the off, preemptive negativity isn't my thing but I also believe he is entitled to moan.
    Used to have one near me in the family stand, big ginger bloke ALWAYS shouting at Manga, he'd have a good game and could play blinder for 93.5 minutes and do something ng in the last second and this big ginger ****er would moan, he'd get one in every week. I just ignored him. There was a bloke shouting at Bowler yesterday, highlight of the first 10 minutes was when he shouted something about his hairband..plenty of people were talking about how shit he was but this bloke decided to shouty it through the game, you get them.

Maybe tell them next time, unless they post on here they won't be aware of how they've upset loads of people

My god, we must have all of our mother Theresa section of fans on this thread alone.

I have never bod'd half time or full. How do the players know if it was aimed at them, the manager, or the ref. But, I moan at the players and manager all game. I sit in "HH" so it's just venting, I doubt the guys in "AA" can hear me

Its professional sport, not amateur or juniors, its big boy's stuff with huge rewards, so critiquing and the occasional poor comment is part of the profession these boys have entered. We pay these lads roughly £400K~£1,500,000 a year. It's a great gig to get into if you can. We are not talking about Pontyclun U11's here.

If I am not happy with my decorator I tell him, its just an extension of that.

We all have our favourites for whatever reason, I'd never listen to a poor word about Whitts but Gunnarson took about six seasons before I appreciated his contributions. We all have our biases

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    My god, we must have all of our mother Theresa section of fans on this thread alone.

I have never bod'd half time or full. How do the players know if it was aimed at them, the manager, or the ref. But, I moan at the players and manager all game. I sit in "HH" so it's just venting, I doubt the guys in "AA" can hear me

Its professional sport, not amateur or juniors, its big boy's stuff with huge rewards, so critiquing and the occasional poor comment is part of the profession these boys have entered. We pay these lads roughly £400K~£1,500,000 a year. It's a great gig to get into if you can. We are not talking about Pontyclun U11's here.

If I am not happy with my decorator I tell him, its just an extension of that.

We all have our favourites for whatever reason, I'd never listen to a poor word about Whitts but Gunnarson took about six seasons before I appreciated his contributions. We all have our biases
    You wouldn’t moan like a pussy at your decorator before he even started though would you? Or get him back to your house every other week and moan like f*ck would you?