+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moneybags Hull the latest beneficiaries of the Cardiff City Stadium Benevolent Society.

Moneybags Hull the latest beneficiaries of the Cardiff City Stadium Benevolent Society.

Re: Moneybags Hull the latest beneficiaries of the Cardiff City Stadium Benevolent Society.

He can go. Against Sunderland Goutas had a day off, yesterday the play was littered with the simplest of passes going astray, missed tackles, things that just shouldn't happen at this level. He's given 2yr contracts to Wintle and Ralls [and Turnbull] which is a clear indication of how he sees City's 'development' going, and we have 3 target men but no striker. The club and fans desperately need something different..

Re: Moneybags Hull the latest beneficiaries of the Cardiff City Stadium Benevolent Society.

Everything in life is a simple risk vs reward equation, football is no different.

Warnock was no risk at the back play in the top third, against better teams constantly giving the ball back hurts you, so you have to be able to keep the ball, just to stop them building.

Pep and your Arteta's want to entice and draw your press in so there are at least three players out of the game when they get the ball to the best midfielder in the world,or to any number of world class wingers.

When we pass it around at the back ad nauseum, what are we trying to achieve? Who are we trying to get the ball to? The team doesn't advance as a "pack" as I have never seen Siopis in the opposition box and Ralls barely gets in there, Perry and Collins rarely cross the halfway line unless we are in panic mode......After 41 games I still can't see what we do except keep it tight and nick one, home or away.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Everything in life is a simple risk vs reward equation, football is no different.

Warnock was no risk at the back play in the top third, against better teams constantly giving the ball back hurts you, so you have to be able to keep the ball, just to stop them building.

Pep and your Arteta's want to entice and draw your press in so there are at least three players out of the game when they get the ball to the best midfielder in the world,or to any number of world class wingers.

When we pass it around at the back ad nauseum, what are we trying to achieve? Who are we trying to get the ball to? The team doesn't advance as a "pack" as I have never seen Siopis in the opposition box and Ralls barely gets in there, Perry and Collins rarely cross the halfway line unless we are in panic mode......After 41 games I still can't see what we do except keep it tight and nick one, home or away.
    I would love a warnock type manager at Cardiff City again

People have yearned for a modern approach but at our level direct football is a winner

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would love a warnock type manager at Cardiff City again

People have yearned for a modern approach but at our level direct football is a winner
    I think Warnock was unfairly stereotyped and he played up to it a bit, but you don't last that long smacking it up to a big man and chasing the ball. Man-for-man defending is quite normal in the premier league nowadays but it left KDB and Pep confused until they wore us down five years ago, not such a dinosaur as all.

I just don't think we'll be able to buy the quality of player to play the high ball retention that Bulut wants to play. The problem in the championship is there will be loads of teams with greater speed and stamina than our technical ability so we'll always be slow and predictable. Liverpool and Spurs are direct, its not aimless but its about getting the ball (under control) forward quicker.
    We are like a 1970's Italian team, slow and cautious