Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
We’ve been involved in the two major cup finals and a couple of premier league visits in relatively recent years so it hasn’t all been a mundane slog. Stoke & Birmingham were mentioned earlier in the thread but I’ve got Preston & Bristol City as clubs who are just ‘stuck’ in the second tier rut.
Yep add Bristol and Preston for sure.

It's just interesting the clear top 4 are the 3 relegated sides and 1 straight from league 1. None who were in championship last season have been anywhere near top 4.

I suspect most will fancy pompey to do the same next season.

I suppose I just mean thinking of someone like OGS. I wouldn't want him here now as think it would remain a mess.

However I'd like to see him have a go with a league 1 club.

Everything is easier in league 1. Remember what shef wed fans said about mcguiness? Lol. Derby fans are saying ebou Adams is the complete box to box midfield player who can also score. Mark harris was impressing oxford fans and winning awards. Everything is just easier. Obvious to say but we forget that. Rhe standard isn't very good but easy to form a new style. While we have perhaps tried in the Championship results have been so bad its only lasted 5 mins and we've changed again.