+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 games left - predictions

5 games left - predictions

Birmingham (a) - draw, it's the sort of game we've been winning but Birmingham's need is greater than ours
    Southampton (h) - lose, we don't cope too well with teams that play quick football
    Rotherham (a) - win, surely?
    Millwall (a) - draw - all the makings of another classic....
    Middlesbrough (h) - lose - another home defeat to another side who'll just need to turn up.

Re: 5 games left - predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Birmingham (a) - draw, it's the sort of game we've been winning but Birmingham's need is greater than ours
    Southampton (h) - lose, we don't cope too well with teams that play quick football
    Rotherham (a) - win, surely?
    Millwall (a) - draw - all the makings of another classic....
    Middlesbrough (h) - lose - another home defeat to another side who'll just need to turn up.
    Difficult to disagree with your assessment. 4 pts would take us to the heady heights of 60 pts.
    Got a sneaky feeling we might just beat Brum though.
    Incidentally it is likely that by 9.40pm Weds we officially cannot be relegated.

If he knows he is staying who knows? I think the only way we play his way with the core we have is 3 center halfs and wingbacks so maybe it is time to experiment. If he is going the players will relax, so we may lose every game.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    If he knows he is staying who knows? I think the only way we play his way with the core we have is 3 center halfs and wingbacks so maybe it is time to experiment. If he is going the players will relax, so we may lose every game.
    Wintle and Bowler have been relaxed all season

Plan is tactically is to win all our away games, and lose all our home until folk start saying nice things about our owner and manager .

Can see us winning 2 of Brum, Millwall and Rotherham. Maybe a draw in the other fixture.

Middlesbrough and Southampton will probably beat us so I’m saying 6 or 7 points.

Win 1, draw 2, lose 2. Can’t predict which games, we’re too random for that, probably beat Southampton & lose to Rotherham

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Win 1, draw 2, lose 2. Can’t predict which games, we’re too random for that, probably beat Southampton & lose to Rotherham
    Win three may draw one, nine or ten points.

Birmingham (A) - 90 mins of boredom
    Millwall (A) - 90 mins of boredom
    Southampton (H) - 90 mins of boredom
    Boro (H) - 90 mins of boredom
    Rotherham (A) - 90 mins of boredom and rain

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Birmingham (A) - 90 mins of boredom
    Millwall (A) - 90 mins of boredom
    Southampton (H) - 90 mins of boredom
    Boro (H) - 90 mins of boredom
    Rotherham (A) - 90 mins of boredom and rain
    That's a terrible post.

Did you mean 90 mins + two lots of injury time of boredom for each?

My prediction - it'll be underwhelming.

We would win all 5 or lose all 5 that seems to be the usual this season.

Ideally we win all of them but I would rather see at least an attempt of playing some attacking football and the likes of Ashford, J Colwill more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We would win all 5 or lose all 5 that seems to be the usual this season.

Ideally we win all of them but I would rather see at least an attempt of playing some attacking football and the likes of Ashford, J Colwill more involved.
    I wouldn't be bothered if we lost every game for the rest of this season but gave the kids some game time and we saw some sort of attacking football. I remember how bad Wales were for years when we had to rely on mainly kids playing for us, but the experience was absolutely invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wouldn't be bothered if we lost every game for the rest of this season but gave the kids some game time and we saw some sort of attacking football. I remember how bad Wales were for years when we had to rely on mainly kids playing for us, but the experience was absolutely invaluable.
    Agree with both this and the intial post on points Eric.
    Spedger

My prediction is, we’ll probably finish where 95%of us on here thought we would at the beginning of the season.

I'd like to see him try something different, if he really does feel that the play-offs are out of reach (well, technically, etc). Why not try out some youngsters, change the midfield around, go all out attack, even? It has to be better than the dross being served up at present. But while the play-offs are still a mathematical possibility, not only does he have an excuse to stick to his guns, but he also has some vindication for it, as he can claim his tactics kept us in touch right till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd like to see him try something different, if he really does feel that the play-offs are out of reach (well, technically, etc). Why not try out some youngsters, change the midfield around, go all out attack, even? It has to be better than the dross being served up at present. But while the play-offs are still a mathematical possibility, not only does he have an excuse to stick to his guns, but he also has some vindication for it, as he can claim his tactics kept us in touch right till the end.
    I'm not sure what his tactics are. At times I can see a game plan and a style - but then it vanishes next match. It has become (after the first two months) very negative/conservative/defensive, with little or no counter attacking.

He is not long ball or direct, but I'm not sure what he is really about. I don't see evidence of an identity, a consistent approach, of effective coaching or of player development. He clearly has some ability and an idea of what he wants, but I think he has been found out by the difficulty of the league and the limitations of the squad - some of which is down to the manager.

If I had confidence Bulut would learn from this season and be a better Championship manager next time around I would be more relaxed about him carrying on - but I don't see it now.

Hopefully we do get to see a more positive approach and some of the younger players involved in the last five games.

[QUOTE=jon1959;5502658]I'm not sure what his tactics are. At times I can see a game plan and a style - but then it vanishes next match. It has become (after the first two months) very negative/conservative/defensive, with little or no counter attacking.

He is not long ball or direct, but I'm not sure what he is really about. I don't see evidence of an identity, a consistent approach, of effective coaching or of player development. He clearly has some ability and an idea of what he wants, but I think he has been found out by the difficulty of the league and the limitations of the squad - some of which is down to the manager.

If I had confidence Bulut would learn from this season and be a better Championship manager next time around I would be more relaxed about him carrying on - but I don't see it now.

Hopefully we do get to see a more positive approach and some of the younger players involved in the last five

It looks all so different from ones sofa though ?

"It looks all so different from ones sofa though ?"

Is that a question?

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    My prediction is, we’ll probably finish where 95%of us on here thought we would at the beginning of the season.
    What relegated or in the bottom six?

No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not sure what his tactics are. At times I can see a game plan and a style - but then it vanishes next match. It has become (after the first two months) very negative/conservative/defensive, with little or no counter attacking.

Hopefully we do get to see a more positive approach and some of the younger players involved in the last five games.
    I feel the same way, especially your third paragraph.