Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
I'd like to see him try something different, if he really does feel that the play-offs are out of reach (well, technically, etc). Why not try out some youngsters, change the midfield around, go all out attack, even? It has to be better than the dross being served up at present. But while the play-offs are still a mathematical possibility, not only does he have an excuse to stick to his guns, but he also has some vindication for it, as he can claim his tactics kept us in touch right till the end.
I'm not sure what his tactics are. At times I can see a game plan and a style - but then it vanishes next match. It has become (after the first two months) very negative/conservative/defensive, with little or no counter attacking.

He is not long ball or direct, but I'm not sure what he is really about. I don't see evidence of an identity, a consistent approach, of effective coaching or of player development. He clearly has some ability and an idea of what he wants, but I think he has been found out by the difficulty of the league and the limitations of the squad - some of which is down to the manager.

If I had confidence Bulut would learn from this season and be a better Championship manager next time around I would be more relaxed about him carrying on - but I don't see it now.

Hopefully we do get to see a more positive approach and some of the younger players involved in the last five games.