+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Safe at last

Safe at last

Due to Huddersfield losing.

Re: Safe at last

After surviving thanks to Reading's points deduction last season and now sitting in mid table with 5 games left the picture should be looking brighter. However the season has actually turned many fans off, nine home defeats and football so negative that season ticket holders are missing matches to avoid the tedium....

Surely now we have to start playing some more exciting and adventurous football and Bulut can prove that we are more than a one trick pony - smash and grab is all very well BUT it will not bring the missing thousands back. It is as off putting to many fans as the drum...

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    After surviving thanks to Reading's points deduction last season and now sitting in mid table with 5 games left the picture should be looking brighter. However the season has actually turned many fans off, nine home defeats and football so negative that season ticket holders are missing matches to avoid the tedium....

Surely now we have to start playing some more exciting and adventurous football and Bulut can prove that we are more than a one trick pony - smash and grab is all very well BUT it will not bring the missing thousands back. It is as off putting to many fans as the drum...
    Just a couple of playmakers in the middle and a 15 goals a season front man and we will all be happy surely ?

I am waiting on colwill but I think Ramsey is finished now

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Just a couple of playmakers in the middle and a 15 goals a season front man and we will all be happy surely ?

I am afraid, in my opinion Ramsey's signing was an expensive mistake - it generated a few shirt sales and some increased media interest in the club but we cannot build for the future around a formerly superb player at the end of his career and with injury / fitness problems. I would love to be proven wrong and wish him well but all good things come to an end.

As for Colwill -surely he is big enough and strong enough to play 90 minutes and show the fans consistently what a good player he could be.

I have backed us to win tonight at 3/1....

Just a couple of playmakers in the middle and a 15 goals a season front man and we will all be happy surely?
    And I still think Bulut would have the playmakers tracking back and playing deep in front of the back 4. We could have Man City's main front 4 and he'd get them playing defensively.

I've alluded to this several times. Our problems and our successes come from Bulut's negative tactics. We rarely play on the front foot, we invite teams on to us and hope to catch them on the counter attack. One flaw with this is that we haven't scored a goal on the counter attack all season.

His defensive minded set up hasn't resulted in us being much harder to beat - we could still lose as many games as we did last season, though I think that's doubtful. We've conceded more than we did a year ago.

Where it has been successful (mainly) has been away from home, things have been tight late on and we've pinched things from set pieces. It's a far cry from the good football we played at the start of the season.

I reckon if Bulut stays, we'll see a drop in season ticket sales, though the next appointment could easily cause that as well.

Things aren't that healthy as a football club at the moment, not just Bulut, but at board and owner level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And I still think Bulut would have the playmakers tracking back and playing deep in front of the back 4. We could have Man City's main front 4 and he'd get them playing defensively.

I've alluded to this several times. Our problems and our successes come from Bulut's negative tactics. We rarely play on the front foot, we invite teams on to us and hope to catch them on the counter attack. One flaw with this is that we haven't scored a goal on the counter attack all season.

His defensive minded set up hasn't resulted in us being much harder to beat - we could still lose as many games as we did last season, though I think that's doubtful. We've conceded more than we did a year ago.

Where it has been successful (mainly) has been away from home, things have been tight late on and we've pinched things from set pieces. It's a far cry from the good football we played at the start of the season.

I reckon if Bulut stays, we'll see a drop in season ticket sales, though the next appointment could easily cause that as well.

Things aren't that healthy as a football club at the moment, not just Bulut, but at board and owner level.
    Can’t see how he sets us up to counter attack, surely to be successful in those tactics a team has to have some pace and we don’t possess that.

I didn't want to say it but there's no such thing as a 15 goal a season striker in our current set up.

Also, 1 play maker won't solve our issues.

Isn’t that why we bought Turnbull (another number 10)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Isn’t that why we bought Turnbull (another number 10)?
    Turnbull is a good player

He needs time to settle

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    I am afraid, in my opinion Ramsey's signing was an expensive mistake - it generated a few shirt sales and some increased media interest in the club but we cannot build for the future around a formerly superb player at the end of his career and with injury / fitness problems. I would love to be proven wrong and wish him well but all good things come to an end.

As for Colwill -surely he is big enough and strong enough to play 90 minutes and show the fans consistently what a good player he could be.

I have backed us to win tonight at 3/1....
    Colwill should if fit be playing every game now till the end of the season

Turnbull is a good player

He needs time to settle
    Hes the laziest player weve had since Kenwynne Jones. We were warned by Celtic fans.

His "pressing" efforts at Swansea were an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes the laziest player weve had since Kenwynne Jones. We were warned by Celtic fans.

His "pressing" efforts at Swansea were an absolute disgrace.
    The whole team stayed in bed for the Swansea game

The whole team stayed in bed for the Swansea game
    And the Sunderland game.

Interesting to see how Mark Harris has progressed at Oxford. Will prob watch the game tonight, get frustrated and fall asleep.

Having been down to see QPR and Norwich this season there's nothing that would persuade me to come down until there's a massive change at the CCS.

How Bulut has lasted this long is a mystery?

Doo doo doo doo doo doo

Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    oh my god
    Don't worry, there's no more. It's the end.

Don't worry, there's no more. It's the end.
    You said that 2 weeks ago but you have come back to haunt us

You said that 2 weeks ago but you have come back to haunt us
    Some posters need haunting!

Some posters need haunting!
    😂

oh dear! Cardiff City are NEVER safe!