Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
And I still think Bulut would have the playmakers tracking back and playing deep in front of the back 4. We could have Man City's main front 4 and he'd get them playing defensively.

I've alluded to this several times. Our problems and our successes come from Bulut's negative tactics. We rarely play on the front foot, we invite teams on to us and hope to catch them on the counter attack. One flaw with this is that we haven't scored a goal on the counter attack all season.

His defensive minded set up hasn't resulted in us being much harder to beat - we could still lose as many games as we did last season, though I think that's doubtful. We've conceded more than we did a year ago.

Where it has been successful (mainly) has been away from home, things have been tight late on and we've pinched things from set pieces. It's a far cry from the good football we played at the start of the season.

I reckon if Bulut stays, we'll see a drop in season ticket sales, though the next appointment could easily cause that as well.

Things aren't that healthy as a football club at the moment, not just Bulut, but at board and owner level.
I didn't want to say it but there's no such thing as a 15 goal a season striker in our current set up.

Also, 1 play maker won't solve our issues.