+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'

International

Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gn=communities

That is the last we will see of Robinson then!

Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'
    The Bluebirds manager has made his feelings clear over why players were not included.

Cardiff City jettisoned Callum Robinson and Mahlon Romeo from their squad for the win over Birmingham City over disciplinary issues, manager Erol Bulut has revealed.

Cardiff named only 19 players in their matchday squad for the game at St Andrew's, one fewer than their opposition. While the likes of Callum O'Dowda, Jak Alnwick, Mark McGuinness, Kion Etete and Josh Wilson-Esbrand were known to be injured, questions were asked about Robinson and Romeo, both of whom were named on the bench for the defeat by Hull City at the weekend.

And when asked whether the duo were missing through injury, Bulut replied: "No, they are not injured. It's a disciplinary penalty from my side.

"We don’t need to speak about this. It is internal that we cleared it. I spoke with the player. I said at the start of the season, discipline and respect are the most important things for me. They were a little bit away from that. That's why they were not with us."

Both players were big players during the relegation-fighting season last year, but have found themselves out of the team for a number of reasons this season.

Robinson has had injury issues, but is also unlikely to displace the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Rubin Colwill or David Turnbull Cardiff's starting XI. While on the wings, Karlan Grant and Josh Bowler have been nailed-on favourites.

Romeo has fallen foul of Cardiff changing formation this season, meaning Perry Ng, one of Cardiff's most consistent performers and the reigning player of the year, has had a free run at that right-back spot, with no wing-backs having been deployed.

Nevertheless, Cardiff's injury list is lengthy and Bulut would have been loath to narrow his options further, but felt it necessary to take disciplinary action over something which clearly occurred between the Hull game last Saturday and the Birmingham game on Wednesday. When asked about the nature of the indiscretion, Bulut declined to divulge further information.

Cardiff travel to Millwall on Saturday, another team fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table, just like Birmingham. Bulut confirmed that Romeo would be back but further conversations would be had with Robinson.

Asked if their disciplinary penalty was just for the Birmingham trip, Bulut said: "For Mahlon, yes, for Robbo, no. We will see. We will have to have discussions about that.

"We will have a talk with [Romeo], but he will be back (for Millwall)."

Re: Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...gn=communities

That is the last we will see of Robinson then!
    Sounds like it.

Re: Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'

Throwing players under the bus to create a diversion. Very Warnock-esque.

I just wonder how much 'dis-respect' was a result of virtually being frozen out of the team, in Robinson's case especially.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I just wonder how much 'dis-respect' was a result of virtually being frozen out of the team, in Robinson's case especially.
    well, Robinson was playing like a Dead Fish, he had lost any semblance of ability when he was initially dropped from the starting line up. He was atrocious in every respect. Since then though he hasn't had much of a chance at it.

Don't think Bulut ever fancied Robbo. Suspect he didn't like his attitude right from the start.
    Was he really ill? I had my doubts about this so called virus.
    Last we've see of him in a City shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Don't think Bulut ever fancied Robbo. Suspect he didn't like his attitude right from the start.
    Bulut will be gone before Robbo will be

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I hope you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I agree with all of that - I wasnt convinced by the talk of him being ill. Robinson didn’t do himself any favours in the late autumn mind, but he probably knew Bulut didn’t rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We’re better off without both imho

I always wanted Robinson to bang in the goals

For us he was a big signing

But even forgetting injury to me he's always looked like he can't be bothered

Like most of our forwards

Think Robinson has been a bit hard done by. He promised to be very useful. Most of our strikers look utter duds but that’s not necessarily down to their ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Think Robinson has been a bit hard done by. He promised to be very useful. Most of our strikers look utter duds but that’s not necessarily down to their ability.
    Their haircuts ?

stinks of "if im not getting my contract then i'll punish u on the way out the door".

VERY strange time to be doing this shit. Perhaps 6 months ago before Robinsons "virus". But as with most things..no-balls bulut is a bit too cowardice

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    stinks of "if im not getting my contract then i'll punish u on the way out the door".

VERY strange time to be doing this shit. Perhaps 6 months ago before Robinsons "virus". But as with most things..no-balls bulut is a bit too cowardice
    What if they walked off in training prior to a home defeat, would Bulut be justified? I think he might.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    What if they walked off in training prior to a home defeat, would Bulut be justified? I think he might.
    Exactly

Robinson is a funny player, very talented at this level and easily our most natural finisher since Ugbo left but doesn’t seem to fit anywhere in Bulut’s side… not good enough on the ball and creative enough for the 10, not physical enough to be the lone striker and doesn’t seem to work hard enough to play one of his winger/second fullback roles.

Under another manager he’d probably be a important contributor but seems like it went south a long time ago with him and Bulut, the few games he got early in the season he strolled through like he absolutely couldn’t be arsed.

Robinson was meh then shite. More shite than the others which says an awful lot. He also argued A LOT with Erol on the touch line. Witnessed that first hand. In fairness to Bulut I don’t think he’s throwing Robinson under a bus. Personally, after what I’ve seen of him this season, I’d have roped him on a railway line between Cardiff and anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Then it begs the question what prompted him to walk off the training pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Then it begs the question what prompted him to walk off the training pitch?
    You’ve been whooshed! He had you at training pitch! 😛

If Callum Robinson had started every game this season for us, he'd have scored more than all of our current strikers put together.

Shame what's happened this season.

Throwing players under the bus to create a diversion. Very Warnock-esque.
    Your crusade against Bulut is becoming a bit cringy. You along with the rest of us, haven’t got a scooby about the details of this, but don’t let that stop you 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Your crusade against Bulut is becoming a bit cringy. You along with the rest of us, haven’t got a scooby about the details of this, but don’t let that stop you ��
    Almost as cringy as your crusade to pick up on any little thing you can against me because I took the piss out of your Graham Potter for Cardiff thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You’ve been whooshed! He had you at training pitch! ��
    Im still lost. Had a few beers last night mind, im not 100% today.

Almost as cringy as your crusade to pick up on any little thing you can against me because I took the piss out of your Graham Potter for Cardiff thread.
    Not at all. In my original post about Potter, I did say that it would be a drop down for him, but I also said if Tan were to back him.
    As somebody else pointed out, Potters a coach for building and developing. That’s why Ajax probably went for him.
    He’ll not get a sniff at another top 6 club in England.