+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    16k a week for an academy player is ridiculous for the championship, that's basically a top championship player salary range. some clubs don't have anyone on that much
    I don’t think 16k a week has been a “top championship player salary” for a while now.

Wolves had someone on 100k a week when they went up and that was nearly 7 years ago.

Whilst that is no doubt an exceptional outlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if top end championship players are in the 30k-50k a week range.

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don’t think 16k a week has been a “top championship player salary” for a while now.

Wolves had someone on 100k a week when they went up and that was nearly 7 years ago.

Whilst that is no doubt an exceptional outlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if top end championship players are in the 30k-50k a week range.
    I know for a fact that a middling championship team had to push the boat out a couple of seasons ago to prevent their best 2 players leaving on a free, and they increased their highest salary to 17.5k to keep them.

outside the parachute payment clubs 16k is still a high wage for the championship