+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

The embargo may have done us a favour.

We may have ended up paying out fees for ageing players from abroad.

Didnt Siopsis buy out his contract with his former club? I wonder what his signing on fee was?

I have read that we had to rely on scraps in the summer. Well Bowler , Panzo , Grant would have been taken I reckon by many in this league. Bulut also got that dreadful Runnarson who hed worked with before. Throw in Goutas , Siopsis , Ramsey and its clear hes hardly worked on a shoestring. Hes also been able to extend contracts on certain players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Didnt Siopsis buy out his contract with his former club? I wonder what his signing on fee was?

I have read that we had to rely on scraps in the summer. Well Bowler , Panzo , Grant would have been taken I reckon by many in this league. Bulut also got that dreadful Runnarson who hed worked with before. Throw in Goutas , Siopsis , Ramsey and its clear hes hardly worked on a shoestring. Hes also been able to extend contracts on certain players.

International

You make some good points, he had to work hard to get players in a massively reduced pot, and we couldn't pay a fee for a player, it was a disadvantage but he made the most of a difficult situation.

Next season he will still be able to sign loans, but will also have the whole transfer market open and will be able to sign actual players from the overseas leagues that he knows so well. It's a much better situation and should lead to fewer duds like Panzo and Runnarson.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You make some good points, he had to work hard to get players in a massively reduced pot, and we couldn't pay a fee for a player, it was a disadvantage but he made the most of a difficult situation.

Next season he will still be able to sign loans, but will also have the whole transfer market open and will be able to sign actual players from the overseas leagues that he knows so well. It's a much better situation and should lead to fewer duds like Panzo and Runnarson.
    With any luck he wont be here next season to make any signings - loan or permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    With any luck he wont be here next season to make any signings - loan or permanent.
    Who would you want as a replacement out of interest , as Bulut is highly regarded apparently

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/th...ht-now-ranked/

I wouldn’t have thought Bulut wasn’t a cheap appointment and will be more expensive next year if he moves his family over from Germany.

His backroom team must be costing the club a bit aswell when you add on wages , accommodation costs , flights home etc.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Who would you want as a replacement out of interest , as Bulut is highly regarded apparently

I wouldn’t have thought Bulut wasn’t a cheap appointment and will be more expensive next year if he moves his family over from Germany.

His backroom team must be costing the club a bit aswell when you add on wages , accommodation costs , flights home etc.
    The problem is it's not who he wants it's who Tan and Dalman appoint, history tells us it's five bad appointments to every good one, Warnock was the last decent appointment before Bulut.

If he gets his wish it will be some daft useless ex-player, and he'll be moaning even more next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy.
    Would be perfectly happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Would be perfectly happy with that.
    It wont happen whilst Tan is here but the question was who would I want.

Craig Bellamy.
    Good shout that TBF

International

Craig Bellamy.
    How have you got a signal on Fantasy Island

Excellent post.
    His job was to get the best of what we had, obviously limitations upfront but we had/have a very decent squad and I think we did well bringing players in during the summer considering.

Although I think it would be unfair for anyone to suggest the embargo helped us, we would have had a fraction of the players to choose from compared to other clubs.

I think the Wintle one has to have been an April fool….surely? Ralls was because it seems obligatory to keep him and he has a painting of himself in his attic.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think the Wintle one has to have been an April fool….surely? Ralls was because it seems obligatory to keep him and he has a painting of himself in his attic.
    Thats the million dollar question for Buluts cult followers like Moz and NCB. If we are only playing this anti-football because Bulut cant get the players he wants until the summer, when we are not under embargo, and we dont have to pay over the odds in January, why are giving contracts to two players - Ralls and Wintle - who cant play the football he wants to play?

Add Siopis into the mix, another player who runs around like a headless chicken but struggles with passes beyond 10 yards, and when are we going to see this futsal style exciting football the likes Cardiff fans have never seen before?

its all a load of utter bollox. Hes a passive, negative, saftety first manager and the sooner we are rid the better.

International

Thats the million dollar question for Buluts cult followers like Moz and NCB. If we are only playing this anti-football because Bulut cant get the players he wants until the summer, when we are not under embargo, and we dont have to pay over the odds in January, why are giving contracts to two players - Ralls and Wintle - who cant play the football he wants to play?

Add Siopis into the mix, another player who runs around like a headless chicken but struggles with passes beyond 10 yards, and when are we going to see this futsal style exciting football the likes Cardiff fans have never seen before?

its all a load of utter bollox. Hes a passive, negative, saftety first manager and the sooner we are rid the better.
    Solid steady reliable squad players, we would have struggled without those three this season, and they have value, we could get some sort of fee if he can get better then move them on.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Solid steady reliable squad players, we would have struggled without those three this season, and they have value, we could get some sort of fee if he can get better then move them on.
    This season has got f*ck all to do with extending their contracts for future years to come.

"If he can get better move them on". Yeah cos we are so good at moving on players surplus to requirements arent we? I mean, we are never saddled with average players draining the wagebill are we?

And you say im on fantasy island then youre talking about getting fees for Wintel and Ralls.

International

This season has got f*ck all to do with extending their contracts for future years to come.

"If he can get better move them on". Yeah cos we are so good at moving on players surplus to requirements arent we? I mean, we are never saddled with average players draining the wagebill are we?

And you say im on fantasy island then youre talking about getting fees for Wintel and Ralls.
    youre talking about getting fees for Wintel and Ralls - You may have a point there

I think I'm at the stage now when I just want this season to end. We are safe (brilliant of course) and I'm very pleased for the club and the coffers. As for the fans, it's been dire to watch. Horrible football. I was just messing around on Eric's thread saying I don't care how we score goals next season just so long as we do and we score more than the opposition at more than a few of our home games. I'm that beaten down.