+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Re: Interesting article re: Wagebill

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Let’s just take everyone out and then we will have a zero wage bill.
    Probably score more goals too

I don’t get how anyone can know current wage figures for each player in this season’s Championship when we’re months away from getting the Accounts of the clubs involved in the public domain. Are we really to believe that we’re spending more than £7 million than Hull? However, I’m in agreement with those who say the embargo had only a limited impact on our workin the summers transfer.window and, although I can’t prove it, I firmly believe that the money Bulut had available last summer was enough to have led to a much more attractive style of football, and equally successful in terms of results, than we’ve seen since late October if he was so minded.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Thats a fascinating analysis. I'm a bit pissed without my specs but if I read that right based on cost per victory us and QPR should be promoted and the Owls should win the play-offs.

I'd like to see the one for PL. Luton would've walked it.no doubt.
    Amazing with an embargo too and lost the three best players, what a job!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Amazing with an embargo too and lost the three best players, what a job!

International

Hope you're more awake today

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t get how anyone can know current wage figures for each player in this season’s Championship when we’re months away from getting the Accounts of the clubs involved in the public domain. Are we really to believe that we’re spending more than £7 million than Hull? However, I’m in agreement with those who say the embargo had only a limited impact on our workin the summers transfer.window and, although I can’t prove it, I firmly believe that the money Bulut had available last summer was enough to have led to a much more attractive style of football, and equally successful in terms of results, than we’ve seen since late October if he was so minded.
    Exactly. Signing two players on loan last summer that cost their parent clubs £15m and £4m. The EFL really come down hard on us with that embargo.

The embargo may have done us a favour.

We may have ended up paying out fees for ageing players from abroad.

Didnt Siopsis buy out his contract with his former club? I wonder what his signing on fee was?

I have read that we had to rely on scraps in the summer. Well Bowler , Panzo , Grant would have been taken I reckon by many in this league. Bulut also got that dreadful Runnarson who hed worked with before. Throw in Goutas , Siopsis , Ramsey and its clear hes hardly worked on a shoestring. Hes also been able to extend contracts on certain players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Didnt Siopsis buy out his contract with his former club? I wonder what his signing on fee was?

I have read that we had to rely on scraps in the summer. Well Bowler , Panzo , Grant would have been taken I reckon by many in this league. Bulut also got that dreadful Runnarson who hed worked with before. Throw in Goutas , Siopsis , Ramsey and its clear hes hardly worked on a shoestring. Hes also been able to extend contracts on certain players.

International

You make some good points, he had to work hard to get players in a massively reduced pot, and we couldn't pay a fee for a player, it was a disadvantage but he made the most of a difficult situation.

Next season he will still be able to sign loans, but will also have the whole transfer market open and will be able to sign actual players from the overseas leagues that he knows so well. It's a much better situation and should lead to fewer duds like Panzo and Runnarson.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You make some good points, he had to work hard to get players in a massively reduced pot, and we couldn't pay a fee for a player, it was a disadvantage but he made the most of a difficult situation.

Next season he will still be able to sign loans, but will also have the whole transfer market open and will be able to sign actual players from the overseas leagues that he knows so well. It's a much better situation and should lead to fewer duds like Panzo and Runnarson.
    With any luck he wont be here next season to make any signings - loan or permanent.

With any luck he wont be here next season to make any signings - loan or permanent.
    Who would you want as a replacement out of interest , as Bulut is highly regarded apparently

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/th...ht-now-ranked/

I wouldn’t have thought Bulut wasn’t a cheap appointment and will be more expensive next year if he moves his family over from Germany.

His backroom team must be costing the club a bit aswell when you add on wages , accommodation costs , flights home etc.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Who would you want as a replacement out of interest , as Bulut is highly regarded apparently

I wouldn’t have thought Bulut wasn’t a cheap appointment and will be more expensive next year if he moves his family over from Germany.

His backroom team must be costing the club a bit aswell when you add on wages , accommodation costs , flights home etc.
    The problem is it's not who he wants it's who Tan and Dalman appoint, history tells us it's five bad appointments to every good one, Warnock was the last decent appointment before Bulut.

If he gets his wish it will be some daft useless ex-player, and he'll be moaning even more next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Craig Bellamy.

Craig Bellamy.
    Would be perfectly happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Would be perfectly happy with that.
    It wont happen whilst Tan is here but the question was who would I want.

Excellent post.
    His job was to get the best of what we had, obviously limitations upfront but we had/have a very decent squad and I think we did well bringing players in during the summer considering.

Although I think it would be unfair for anyone to suggest the embargo helped us, we would have had a fraction of the players to choose from compared to other clubs.

Craig Bellamy.
    Good shout that TBF

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Did I hear right today that Leeds owe £190 million in transfer fees at this time? How can that be right, basically they’ve bought a whole team but not paid for anyone yet? Great gamble for promotion, but if it’s doable why don’t we all do it?
    Isn't that what they did before?

I think the Wintle one has to have been an April fool….surely? Ralls was because it seems obligatory to keep him and he has a painting of himself in his attic.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think the Wintle one has to have been an April fool….surely? Ralls was because it seems obligatory to keep him and he has a painting of himself in his attic.
    Thats the million dollar question for Buluts cult followers like Moz and NCB. If we are only playing this anti-football because Bulut cant get the players he wants until the summer, when we are not under embargo, and we dont have to pay over the odds in January, why are giving contracts to two players - Ralls and Wintle - who cant play the football he wants to play?

Add Siopis into the mix, another player who runs around like a headless chicken but struggles with passes beyond 10 yards, and when are we going to see this futsal style exciting football the likes Cardiff fans have never seen before?

its all a load of utter bollox. Hes a passive, negative, saftety first manager and the sooner we are rid the better.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Isn't that what they did before?
    It was a new york times (i think) journalist that i read something ages ago about the next bubble, i think the global transfer fees owed is into the 10 billions, only takes 1 or 2 to fold and the whole system will collapse.

For the championship to be sustainable the average wage needs to be 4k a week, the sooner that is enforced the better. In Spain you have to present your figure in advance and they tell you how much you can spend, its working to stop clubs over spending.

Cardiff could potentially finish as high as 7th, so if we are 6th highest paying that's not bad at all given where we were last year. Again, finishing 8th or 9th would also not be a failure, given the long game in football.

I understand the football is sh1te but this anti-Bulut post using everything they can possibly scrape up to validate their observations is weird. The football is shit, we are having a more successful season, that's it, can we move on.

International

Thats the million dollar question for Buluts cult followers like Moz and NCB. If we are only playing this anti-football because Bulut cant get the players he wants until the summer, when we are not under embargo, and we dont have to pay over the odds in January, why are giving contracts to two players - Ralls and Wintle - who cant play the football he wants to play?

Add Siopis into the mix, another player who runs around like a headless chicken but struggles with passes beyond 10 yards, and when are we going to see this futsal style exciting football the likes Cardiff fans have never seen before?

its all a load of utter bollox. Hes a passive, negative, saftety first manager and the sooner we are rid the better.
    Solid steady reliable squad players, we would have struggled without those three this season, and they have value, we could get some sort of fee if he can get better then move them on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    It was a new york times (i think) journalist that i read something ages ago about the next bubble, i think the global transfer fees owed is into the 10 billions, only takes 1 or 2 to fold and the whole system will collapse.

For the championship to be sustainable the average wage needs to be 4k a week, the sooner that is enforced the better. In Spain you have to present your figure in advance and they tell you how much you can spend, its working to stop clubs over spending.

Cardiff could potentially finish as high as 7th, so if we are 6th highest paying that's not bad at all given where we were last year. Again, finishing 8th or 9th would also not be a failure, given the long game in football.

I understand the football is sh1te but this anti-Bulut post using everything they can possibly scrape up to validate their observations is weird. The football is shit, we are having a more successful season, that's it, can we move on.
    Great post most real fans can see it, there are only a few hardcore posters on here against him but they make the most noise and are like a nuns knickers they are always on!

I think I'm at the stage now when I just want this season to end. We are safe (brilliant of course) and I'm very pleased for the club and the coffers. As for the fans, it's been dire to watch. Horrible football. I was just messing around on Eric's thread saying I don't care how we score goals next season just so long as we do and we score more than the opposition at more than a few of our home games. I'm that beaten down.

International

Craig Bellamy.
    How have you got a signal on Fantasy Island