+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    That looked offside to me
    Looked offside to me too but let’s be honest we haven’t created a single chance in the 2nd half

and me

it was a game of two half's , in both them Cardiff were shite

And me, but that was an “on the beach” second half by us - we got what we deserved.

even stevie wonder could see it looked offside...

regardless, pathetic again

can we get back to the bulut out threads, i been saying for 6 months now he has to goooooooo!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    can we get back to the bulut out threads, i been saying for 6 months now he has to goooooooo!!!!!!!

That second half performance was absolutely dreadful.

Millwall were a bang average Neil Harris team but we were shocking.

One shot on target in the second half?

Rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And me, but that was an “on the beach” second half by us - we got what we deserved.
    Yep Millwall had the desire as the game went on .

Utter shite!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yep Millwall had the desire as the game went on .
    We seemed to lack the passion Millwall displayed when hunting down the ball this afternoon, particularly during the second half. It felt as if Bulut hadn't fired them up enough at half-time to get back in the game and seek the equaliser.

Tanner needs to go out to a Division 2 outfit next season IMO as he is simply not good enough at this level. His passing is shocking at times and his tackling even worse. But then you could say that of others, too.

So, is this the Bulut's fault? Think he could have done more in some games, but he would argue he had limited resources and did the best he could given the restrictions placed on the club to bring in new players.

Think this summer we need a root and branch change. We need to offload some players who are not performing at this level and develop a better strategy on and off the pitch.

Re: FT: MILLWALL 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Do the players get as bored passing the ball around at the back as we do watching it?

I understand that we need to move the opposition around to create space and an opening but when the end product is a defender or the keeper simply hoofing it long and us losing possession, what is the point?

I just don’t understand the tactics.

I’m all for passing football but without any incision and forward movement it all seems so futile.

Our players seem programmed to play backwards and sideways (e.g. Grant)

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    even stevie wonder could see it looked offside...

regardless, pathetic again

Same here. As soon as Wintle and Ralls were given TWO MORE SEASONS !

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    We seemed to lack the passion Millwall displayed when hunting down the ball this afternoon, particularly during the second half. It felt as if Bulut hadn't fired them up enough at half-time to get back in the game and seek the equaliser.

Tanner needs to go out to a Division 2 outfit next season IMO as he is simply not good enough at this level. His passing is shocking at times and his tackling even worse. But then you could say that of others, too.

So, is this the Bulut's fault? Think he could have done more in some games, but he would argue he had limited resources and did the best he could given the restrictions placed on the club to bring in new players.

Think this summer we need a root and branch change. We need to offload some players who are not performing at this level and develop a better strategy on and off the pitch.
    I don’t disagree agree with you re the final paragraph but didn’t we all say this last season and the season before that and the season before that….etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Do the players get as bored passing the ball around at the back as we do watching it?

I understand that we need to move the opposition around to create space and an opening but when the end product is a defender or the keeper simply hoofing it long and us losing possession, what is the point?

I’m all for passing football but without any incision and forward movement it all seems so futile.

Our players seem programmed to play backwards and sideways (e.g. Grant)
    Do you watch much football?

Utter shite. We looked worse and less threatening after the attacking subs. We really do have some rubbish in and around the squad.

But hey, we got enough material for another 17 pages on Colwill so I guess that's something?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post

Tanner’s passing and tackling is poor. But the lad is 6 foot, is quick, has good feet and finishes quite well.

I would take these key attributes and play him up front. Just use his dribbling, pace and finishing and play to his strengths. He can’t be worse than Meite or Etete.

A front line of, this Colwill behind could be worth a gamble

Grant. Tanner. Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Do you watch much football?
    Great post.

Tanner has got to go somewhere and play for a season. Other than the physical attributes he’s not ready for a level below, not even close. I’d have Ashford in the squad ahead of every time based on just the 30 minutes he’s played.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Tanner’s passing and tackling is poor. But the lad is 6 foot, is quick, has good feet and finishes quite well.

I would take these key attributes and play him up front. Just use his dribbling, pace and finishing and play to his strengths. He can’t be worse than Meite or Etete.

A front line of, this Colwill behind could be worth a gamble

Grant. Tanner. Bowler
    Does he finish well? He scored a very good goal against Swansea but that was hardly a "striker's goal", he also followed that up with missing an open goal against Sunderland a week or so later

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Is our strategy for scoring a goal literally "see if we can pinch one from a set piece"? Hard to make out any other tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Is our strategy for scoring a goal literally "see if we can pinch one from a set piece"? Hard to make out any other tactic.
    Jimmy The Jock seems to know…..

Played well enough until Millwall scored just before half time against the run of play. 2nd half non event.

You can see why Phillips has only ever scored a handful of goals in his career. Really should have hit the target,and if he had he would have scored. City's best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Really no idea what our attacking tactics are and the plyaers look equally lost.

Not sure why, after a performance like that, attention turns to Tanner- the whole team was garbage with the sole exception of Ashford who put in a decent showing.

I think Bulut ought to go but I wonder does he play this way because he realises the players are too lazy to put much effort in. That would explain a fair bit.