+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wrexham

Wrexham

Given the inexplicable silence evident on this board I would like to congratulate Wrexham on their two consecutive promotion seasons. We now have Welsh teams competing in all three of the EFL divisions.

Lovely that is.

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Given the inexplicable silence evident on this board I would like to congratulate Wrexham on their two consecutive promotion seasons. We now have Welsh teams competing in all three of the EFL divisions.

Lovely that is.

Absolutely.

Scored more goals at home than any other team in the league this season as things stand.

In their last two seasons they've scored 134 goals at home in league football.

We've scored 138 goals at home since we were relegated from the Premier League.

Lovely that is.

Yeah. without being silly and getting prem loans they did great. Looking forward to meeting them 2026

Lovely that is.

A great success story and well deserved

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    A great success story and well deserved
    Seem to have got wider community bit right as well so a total approach not just on the pitch - delighted for them 👍

Good luck to them, I think the jump to league 1 is big one for their current squad. I think they will need to really invest in the team if they want to go up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

We've scored 138 goals at home since we were relegated from the Premier League.
    It felt like less than half that

Great story. I am genuinely delighted for them. As well as the goals stats I would love to know how their points tally over the last 3 seasons (2nd to Stockport, winners, well on course for runners up) compares over the decades to any sort of records. Wonderful run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Seem to have got wider community bit right as well so a total approach not just on the pitch - delighted for them 
    Absolutely. It must be such a high for the fans and Wrexham since the takeover. It's a really great story, whether you like football or not.

Congratulations to Wrexham and all involved. All their fans must go to the games knowing win or lose, they will be entertained.

Wrexham is an hour or so from Liverpool and Manchester yet they have good support

It's great to see

And they gave the fascists a good slap in Manchester

It was almost impossible for fans to get tickets to home games in the national league.

Their away support sells out everywhere they go and can easily take 8k or so to places with decent grounds. They will take 10k plus to likes of Wigan if given the tickets.

Probably most likely welsh team to be in the Premier league anytime soon? It's just their time.

It's undeniably good for Welsh football, and a great story and good luck to them etc. I have nothing but admiration for their owners too.

But I do also find it all a bit annoying now tbh, especially some of their fans who do seem to have a lot less enthusiasm before Hollywood came calling