+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

International

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    No mention of defensive record

I said when we played them

As above, I said "if Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house"

Here he is ladies and gents in full swing trying his absolute best to distract and deflect

Im off for a power hour
    Back to padded cell I reckon, go and learn what an analogy is

NCB having an absolute mare in this thread.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is just a load of stats just looking at all of this.

Runarrson - 8 conceded from 6 games (1.33 per game)
    Alnwick - 33 conceded from 24 games (1.38 per game)
    Hovarth - 19 conceded from 13 games (1.46 per game)

Runarrson was in goal for the Ipswich capitulation, then returned in the league from the Preston game where he conceded 5 goals in 5 games and won 2 of those 5, but all wasn't right I agree.

Assuming we'll concede 2 more goals in our last 3 games this season, it'll have been our second worst season for goals conceded in the second tier since our last relegation from this level in 1985. The worst was the 68 we conceded in 2021/22, though conceding 26 in McCarthy's 14 games (at 1.86 a game) was a big part of the reason for that. Under Morison we conceded 42 goals in 32 games that season at an average of 1.31 per game. This season's average is 1.40 per game

We've kept 12 clean sheets so far this season. As things stand, we've only managed fewer than that in this division twice since 2003.

So, by our own standards in this division over 20 years, no, it's not been a fairly decent defensive record.

While we're at it, our scoring stats make for equally dismal reading.

Since 2003 this is currently our joint 2nd lowest for goals scored in the second tier, with the measly 41 we scored last season being the worst. 3 goals will propel us to 4rd lowest but miles away from 5th.

This is looking like being our 10th most successful season at this level since 2003 with the 2nd worst defence and 4th worst attack stats. We could have either our 5th or 7th best win tally since then. We'll certainly have our 3rd worst defeat tally.

In all of that there are a few positives and negatives. It explains to a point why some fans are happy with this season and why some aren't.
    Fair enough good stats work.

They seem a bit odd and it has been an inconsistent season, I'm surprised that Runnarson's record is better than Horvaths, especially when you consider he didn't have Phillips in front, maybe we leaked less with McGuinness than Phillips, that would be a surprise if true too?

8th best on clean sheets, and we have won a lot of games, compared to drawing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    NCB having an absolute mare in this thread.
    Ha ha that's so funny good one

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-Mick-McCarthy

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hey-were-wrong

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Fair enough good stats work.

They seem a bit odd and it has been an inconsistent season, I'm surprised that Runnarson's record is better than Horvaths, especially when you consider he didn't have Phillips in front, maybe we leaked less with McGuinness than Phillips, that would be a surprise if true too?

8th best on clean sheets, and we have won a lot of games, compared to drawing.
    We've certainly won more games that were destined to be draws than we've lost, which is one of the reasons we're as high up the table as we are.

8th best this season for clean sheets yet one of our poorest in 19 seasons at this level is a bit of an eye opener which needed a little more investigating.

There have been 271 clean sheets in the Championship this season with 3 rounds of matches to go. The number of clean sheets in the last few seasons reads 333, 328, 355 and 291. It may not surprise you that in the seasons with more clean sheets, there were fewer goals scored. This season there have been 1371 goals scored in the Championship, higher than all of the previous three seasons. In 2019/20 there were 1457 goals scored and, with 36 games left, there's every chance that figure will be overtaken.

So the clean sheets stat looks ok for this season in context with this season being one of lots of goals and fewer clean sheets overall.

International

We've certainly won more games that were destined to be draws than we've lost, which is one of the reasons we're as high up the table as we are.

8th best this season for clean sheets yet one of our poorest in 19 seasons at this level is a bit of an eye opener which needed a little more investigating.

There have been 271 clean sheets in the Championship this season with 3 rounds of matches to go. The number of clean sheets in the last few seasons reads 333, 328, 355 and 291. It may not surprise you that in the seasons with more clean sheets, there were fewer goals scored. This season there have been 1371 goals scored in the Championship, higher than all of the previous three seasons. In 2019/20 there were 1457 goals scored and, with 36 games left, there's every chance that figure will be overtaken.

So the clean sheets stat looks ok for this season in context with this season being one of lots of goals and fewer clean sheets overall.
    Those top four have probably affected the league, they seem a lot better than the rest and have probably a lot of goals and a fair few clean sheets?

Those top four have probably affected the league, they seem a lot better than the rest and have probably a lot of goals and a fair few clean sheets?
    They're on target to be one of the highest scoring top 4 sides in the history of the 24 team 2nd tier. Leeds have 19 clean sheets, Ipswich 14, Leicester 13, Southampton 11.

He's desperate here

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Go or stay
    Answer as a fan or put yourself in the shoes of Tan.
    Yes, we have more points than last season and have avoided being near relegation, helped by a good start to the season. At the very beginning of the season I wrote that I believed it would take Bulut four years to turn us into a team that could achieve promotion and have a chance of sustaining it.

But right now I have absolutely no reason to believe his negative style will enable us to move forward next season. His tactics are to build from the back. We are allowing teams to press us, in fact inviting teams to press us. He has raved about Goutas, McGuiness and Phillips yet we have conceded over 60 goals. As defenders they are better than that.
    As I asked earlier what will be different next season? What needs to be different?
    Will he change tactics? Can he change?

But right now I have absolutely no reason to believe his negative style will enable us to move forward next season. His tactics are to build from the back. We are allowing teams to press us, in fact inviting teams to press us. He has raved about Goutas, McGuiness and Phillips yet we have conceded over 60 goals. As defenders they are better than that.
    As I asked earlier what will be different next season? What needs to be different?
    If our negative tactics had meant we'd conceded less and been harder to beat I wouldn't have had an issue, but since he implemented that we've lost more games and conceded more goals.

If our negative tactics had meant we'd conceded less and been harder to beat I wouldn't have had an issue, but since he implemented that we've lost more games and conceded more goals.
    We've got a solid foundation to build from

Yes, we have more points than last season and have avoided being near relegation, helped by a good start to the season. At the very beginning of the season I wrote that I believed it would take Bulut four years to turn us into a team that could achieve promotion and have a chance of sustaining it.

I remember Robinsons last game before his "6 month virus" lol... hard to say that out loud to myself.

Anyways. Robinson argued with Bulut around 30minutes into the match. Bulut was pointing up in the air (its his tell tale sign he wants to play some hoofball) and Robinsion can be clearly seen pointing down to his feet.

Lets just say he was hooked early and caught a "virus". Bulut strikes me as a terrible coach.