+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.
    But would the top striker be isolated on his own up front and the attacking midfielder be expected to work harder in defence? It's impossible for me to imagine Bulut setting up any differently, even with some new signings.

I take your point about the possibility of them appointing a Trollope/Hudson if they did replace him though.

Four from you
    18 from you

Deluded NCB

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    18 from you

Deluded NCB
    If you keep replying I have to point out how daft you are, I should be charging you for the free education.

International

18 from you

Deluded NCB
    20 now

If you keep replying I have to point out how daft you are, I should be charging you for the free education.
    Nice try

Go and have a cup of tea and a biscuit or something. Its not healthy getting this hysterical and emotional so early in the morning, especially the start of the working week.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    But would the top striker be isolated on his own up front and the attacking midfielder be expected to work harder in defence? It's impossible for me to imagine Bulut setting up any differently, even with some new signings.

I take your point about the possibility of them appointing a Trollope/Hudson if they did replace him though.
    What kind of club are we if we're scared of that outcome? What does it say about us? Just look at the dross our bunch have appointed and with two PL promotions blown amongst it too. But yes, I've no faith in their ability to make a decent replacement. But this one's not going to change no matter how much money we spend. Isn't the real fear we'll end up in another cycle of high wages and long contracts for players who are sh*t? I give you Wintle as exhibit A. I, personally, put Rails as exhibit B but I don't get all teary-eyed over him leaving and would have given him an engraved clock or something like the olden days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

I think he would have, we started the season much more positively and then switched tactics to more defensive, I think partly because his two best creative attacking midfielders got injured, but also because despite scoring two in many of the first thirteen games we were conceding a lot.

We need a class number 10 like a fit Ramsey and a better more intelligent striker like Heišar Helguson and we could leave the defence and defensive midfielders to defend our half.

If he gets a chance time will tell, but I think we are still at stage one in our team development.

He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.
    We lost 3-1 on the weekend to a below average championship team.

Conceded 3 at home against Hull who are a mid table team just like us.

Conceded 2 against Sunderland and the Jacks, 4 against Norwich, 3 against Plymouth, 3 against Leeds, 4 in the cup 4 Sheff Weds, 2 v Plymouth in a 2-2 draw, 3 v hull away etc etc.

Seem solid as a rock at the back, fair play, time to loosen off the defensive shackles and have a go at teams because we're absolutely sorted defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What kind of club are we if we're scared of that outcome? What does it say about us?
    Says it all really - we're a dreadfully run club.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post

Conceded 2 against Sunderland and the Jacks, 4 against Norwich, 3 against Plymouth, 3 against Leeds, 4 in the cup 4 Sheff Weds, 2 v Plymouth in a 2-2 draw, 3 v hull away etc etc.

Seem solid as a rock at the back, fair play, time to loosen off the defensive shackles and have a go at teams because we're absolutely sorted defensively.
    The last six games we've won two the same as three of the top five, and more than leeds and West Brom.

Hull are seventh?

Of the top 10 only Norwich have won more games than us in the last six winning three.

The squad is not deep enough, we started well, dropped off a lot by December /January, then improved a bit with a few additions, with a decent Striker and better attacking midfielder we will look much better.

The last six games we've won two the same as three of the top five, and more than leeds and West Brom.

Hull are seventh?

Of the top 10 only Norwich have won more games than us in the last six winning three.

The squad is not deep enough, we started well, dropped off a lot by December /January, then improved a bit with a few additions, with a decent Striker and better attacking midfielder we will look much better.
    A swerve and diversion a Tory politician would be proud of that one.

International

Haven't got time to look back on all those games but people often comment we have a fairly decent defensive record, probably Runner cost us a lot of those goals and bad defensive performances. We can blame Bulut for that, I'm not sure what happened there he seemed to lose the plot along with confidence in Alnwick.

International

A swerve and diversion a Tory politician would be proud of that one.
    The league doesn't lie, we are where we are and it's a huge improvement, no Mick is not coming back so calm down

Hull are seventh?

My reply was about how we aren't solid defensively. Your reply is waffle.

hull were either level on points with us or a point above when we played.

I will ask you in a different way. If Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house, would you build on top of it and put your missus, kids, grandkids, dogs etc in that house?

The league doesn't lie, we are where we are and it's a huge improvement, no Mick is not coming back so calm down
    Aren't you north of 50 years old with grandkids? Doesn't posting like this embarrass you at all?

Aren't you north of 50 years old with grandkids? Doesn't posting like this embarrass you at all?
    Christ and yours don't?

When you are allowed back on that is

International

Not in the slightest he thinks Bulut is bad and Mad Mick was brilliant

International

I will ask you in a different way. If Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house, would you build on top of it and put your missus, kids, grandkids, dogs etc in that house?
    Hull are seventh, you said mid-table nonsense.

Cardiff City's defensive record this season has been fairly good when you consider we stayed up last year due to points deductions, and Kaba's goals. Eric was saying it's one of the better defences in the league, but we don't score enough goals.

How can anyone build a house on a football club's record? Talk about waffle

Cardiff City's defensive record this season has been fairly good when you consider we stayed up last year due to points deductions, and Kaba's goals. Eric was saying it's one of the better defences in the league, but we don't score enough goals.

Weve conceded 60 goals this season, only 7 teams have conceded more so not sure where this super solid defence or one of the better defences in the league claim has come from.

International

Weve conceded 60 goals this season, only 7 teams have conceded more so not sure where this super solid defence or one of the better defences in the league claim has come from.
    Yes conceded a lot in the Runner period and at the start of the season before the tighten-up, although we were scoring a lot more then too.

The post said we are safe and very solid, I didn't say defensively solid, it was more a general term, meaning that we are safe and a solid hard hard-working solid top half team

Hull, when we played them, were either level on points or a point above us.

I am not considering the myriad of scenarios you're going to pepper us with, its a poor tactic you use to distract away from the fact you can't give a straight answer.

I suggest looking up the definition of "analogy" although I suspect you already knew what I was getting at with the comparison between a non solid foundation and our non solid defence, yet another silly tactic you employ to get around things on here.

to save you a search

analogy
    /əˈnalədʒi/
    noun
    a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    a correspondence or partial similarity.
    "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
    "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

International

Hull, when we played them, were either level on points or a point above us.

I am not considering the myriad of scenarios you're going to pepper us with, its a poor tactic you use to distract away from the fact you can't give a straight answer.

I suggest looking up the definition of "analogy" although I suspect you already knew what I was getting at with the comparison between a non solid foundation and our non solid defence, yet another silly tactic you employ to get around things on here.

to save you a search

analogy
    /əˈnalədʒi/
    noun
    a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    a correspondence or partial similarity.
    "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
    "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"
    That is not an analogy, you said would I build a house on Cardiff City's record? That's just utter nonsense?

Read your own cut and paste, you obviously don't know what an analogy is.

International

You said Hull are a mid table team just like us?

No we are 11th they are 7th, one below the playoffs?

Haven't got time to look back on all those games but people often comment we have a fairly decent defensive record, probably Runner cost us a lot of those goals and bad defensive performances. We can blame Bulut for that, I'm not sure what happened there he seemed to lose the plot along with confidence in Alnwick.
    This is just a load of stats just looking at all of this.

Runarrson - 8 conceded from 6 games (1.33 per game)
    Alnwick - 33 conceded from 24 games (1.38 per game)
    Hovarth - 19 conceded from 13 games (1.46 per game)

Runarrson was in goal for the Ipswich capitulation, then returned in the league from the Preston game where he conceded 5 goals in 5 games and won 2 of those 5, but all wasn't right I agree.

Assuming we'll concede 2 more goals in our last 3 games this season, it'll have been our second worst season for goals conceded in the second tier since our last relegation from this level in 1985. The worst was the 68 we conceded in 2021/22, though conceding 26 in McCarthy's 14 games (at 1.86 a game) was a big part of the reason for that. Under Morison we conceded 42 goals in 32 games that season at an average of 1.31 per game. This season's average is 1.40 per game

We've kept 12 clean sheets so far this season. As things stand, we've only managed fewer than that in this division twice since 2003.

So, by our own standards in this division over 20 years, no, it's not been a fairly decent defensive record.

While we're at it, our scoring stats make for equally dismal reading.

Since 2003 this is currently our joint 2nd lowest for goals scored in the second tier, with the measly 41 we scored last season being the worst. 3 goals will propel us to 4rd lowest but miles away from 5th.

This is looking like being our 10th most successful season at this level since 2003 with the 2nd worst defence and 4th worst attack stats. We could have either our 5th or 7th best win tally since then. We'll certainly have our 3rd worst defeat tally.

In all of that there are a few positives and negatives. It explains to a point why some fans are happy with this season and why some aren't.

No mention of defensive record
    You said Hull are a mid table team just like us?

No we are 11th they are 7th, one below the playoffs?
    I said when we played them

That is not an analogy, you said would I build a house on Cardiff City's record? That's just utter nonsense?

Read your own cut and paste, you obviously don't know what an analogy is.
    As above, I said "if Cardiffs defence was foundations for a house"

Here he is ladies and gents in full swing trying his absolute best to distract and deflect

Im off for a power hour