+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Bulut go or stay?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go

29 51.79%
  • stay

27 48.21%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to get of the fence. Should Bulut go or stay.

For me it's more a case of who comes in. Why change unless you are going to spend big and almost guarantee success.

Last season before he joined we were linked with Campelos from Portugal and no one had heard of him or Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    General question for everyone: other than points in the league table, what particular things do you look for in a manager and has Bulut achieved them or not?
    Some signs of a way of playing that, with a bit more time and a little strengthening in key positions can be built on for a promotion push.
    Some plan to score goals other than from set pieces.
    A plan B when plan A hasn't worked.
    A team I actually want to go and watch.

I have no hope in the club to recruit anybody better

Bulut: 'reluctant stay'

Tan won't give any manager a decent budget
    Next season the players we loaned out will come back, plus a few frees.
    It will turn out to be an even worse season
    Who will want to mansge that?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He'll improve it for sure, you remember January when he tried to sign a top Striker and an attacking midfielder but we couldn't compete as it was an over expensive January window.

A team builds in stages, the first stage is complete we are safe and very solid, the next stage build a more attacking team.

A one-year deal to see what he can do, otherwise a Trollope/Hudson novice will take us back into the bottom four.
    But would the top striker be isolated on his own up front and the attacking midfielder be expected to work harder in defence? It's impossible for me to imagine Bulut setting up any differently, even with some new signings.

I take your point about the possibility of them appointing a Trollope/Hudson if they did replace him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    But would the top striker be isolated on his own up front and the attacking midfielder be expected to work harder in defence? It's impossible for me to imagine Bulut setting up any differently, even with some new signings.

I take your point about the possibility of them appointing a Trollope/Hudson if they did replace him though.
    What kind of club are we if we're scared of that outcome? What does it say about us? Just look at the dross our bunch have appointed and with two PL promotions blown amongst it too. But yes, I've no faith in their ability to make a decent replacement. But this one's not going to change no matter how much money we spend. Isn't the real fear we'll end up in another cycle of high wages and long contracts for players who are sh*t? I give you Wintle as exhibit A. I, personally, put Rails as exhibit B but I don't get all teary-eyed over him leaving and would have given him an engraved clock or something like the olden days.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

I think he would have, we started the season much more positively and then switched tactics to more defensive, I think partly because his two best creative attacking midfielders got injured, but also because despite scoring two in many of the first thirteen games we were conceding a lot.

We need a class number 10 like a fit Ramsey and a better more intelligent striker like Heišar Helguson and we could leave the defence and defensive midfielders to defend our half.

If he gets a chance time will tell, but I think we are still at stage one in our team development.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What kind of club are we if we're scared of that outcome? What does it say about us?
    Says it all really - we're a dreadfully run club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Aren't you north of 50 years old with grandkids? Doesn't posting like this embarrass you at all?
    Christ and yours don't?

When you are allowed back on that is

NCB having an absolute mare in this thread.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    NCB having an absolute mare in this thread.
    Ha ha that's so funny good one

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-Mick-McCarthy

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hey-were-wrong

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's desperate here

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Go or stay
    Answer as a fan or put yourself in the shoes of Tan.
    Yes, we have more points than last season and have avoided being near relegation, helped by a good start to the season. At the very beginning of the season I wrote that I believed it would take Bulut four years to turn us into a team that could achieve promotion and have a chance of sustaining it.

But right now I have absolutely no reason to believe his negative style will enable us to move forward next season. His tactics are to build from the back. We are allowing teams to press us, in fact inviting teams to press us. He has raved about Goutas, McGuiness and Phillips yet we have conceded over 60 goals. As defenders they are better than that.
    As I asked earlier what will be different next season? What needs to be different?
    Will he change tactics? Can he change?

But right now I have absolutely no reason to believe his negative style will enable us to move forward next season. His tactics are to build from the back. We are allowing teams to press us, in fact inviting teams to press us. He has raved about Goutas, McGuiness and Phillips yet we have conceded over 60 goals. As defenders they are better than that.
    As I asked earlier what will be different next season? What needs to be different?
    If our negative tactics had meant we'd conceded less and been harder to beat I wouldn't have had an issue, but since he implemented that we've lost more games and conceded more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If our negative tactics had meant we'd conceded less and been harder to beat I wouldn't have had an issue, but since he implemented that we've lost more games and conceded more goals.
    We've got a solid foundation to build from

Yes, we have more points than last season and have avoided being near relegation, helped by a good start to the season. At the very beginning of the season I wrote that I believed it would take Bulut four years to turn us into a team that could achieve promotion and have a chance of sustaining it.

I remember Robinsons last game before his "6 month virus" lol... hard to say that out loud to myself.

Anyways. Robinson argued with Bulut around 30minutes into the match. Bulut was pointing up in the air (its his tell tale sign he wants to play some hoofball) and Robinsion can be clearly seen pointing down to his feet.

Lets just say he was hooked early and caught a "virus". Bulut strikes me as a terrible coach.