+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Re: Eli King starts for Ross County 12.00 o clock sky.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He looks a real athlete, gobbles the ground up, and one id play as an 8.

I think he could also play as a 6 but it would be a waste. Hes got the speed and stamina to go box to box.

As said above its time to integrate him into the first team squad and not send on loan again. Hes 22 this year, hes no longer a kid, plus he has the physique of a man anyway. He doesnt need anymore loans to get him used to mens football.
    The thing is we don’t need to pigeon hole him. 6 or and 8 - both centre midfield and it’s good for his development to experience both. They are subtle differences anyway.

What gets my goat is “Ooh he is too young - loan him out”, or “Well he should be there by now, and he makes mistakes” (often levelled at Colwill).

Loans are good for getting match fitness and game time. So King has benefited. Now it is time to play him, and accept he will make mistakes in his first year - that is part of learning, and “the cost of development”.

Same with Colwill. His growth injuries (also suffered by Gerrard and Bacjetic at Liverpool) have meant he has not had enough game time. So Colwill will make mistakes while he gets his first full (ish) season under his belt. The payoff on Colwill will comennext season now he is far more first-11, getting more experiences and reducing his errors by learning from there.

King and Colwill next season should form the basis of a regular centre midfield in my view. Ralls can slot in there, or perhaps O Dowda who can play central. But I would like to see Joel Colwill come in and get some time next season, while Rubin becomes the more senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Just posted in the loan report thread, but does anyone think Adams and King could play together nextt season behind a more creative Colwill type?
    I'd be surprised if Adams is at the club next season. When the loanees return we'll have 6 central midfielders + Joel Colwill, I imagine we'll be looking to move some on and Adams & Rinomhota would be the prime candidates

Should Derby come up I think they may look at signing Adams

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd be surprised if Adams is at the club next season. When the loanees return we'll have 6 central midfielders + Joel Colwill, I imagine we'll be looking to move some on and Adams & Rinomhota would be the prime candidates

Should Derby come up I think they may look at signing Adams
    I am pretty certain he'll be gone, be a fool not to if they like him so much at Derby.

Just romanticising about a different setup. Its ok we can go J.Colwill King and R.Colwill ahead of them

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I am pretty certain he'll be gone, be a fool not to if they like him so much at Derby.

Just romanticising about a different setup. Its ok we can go J.Colwill King and R.Colwill ahead of them
    A Derby fan I spoke to on the weekend told me that they love Adams, but think he's a League 1 midfielder and doubted they would sign him if they went up.

With regard to Joe Colwill and King, we need more dynamism and power in midfield without losing technique. Both offer this.

We have looked lightweight and pedestrian this season, although we have retained possession a little better. However, we are not going to progress with Siopsis and Wintle as two defensive midfielders.

I'd like us to line up with one tall strong defensive midfielder/shield and two number 8's. I'm not sure where Wintle and Siopsis fit into this.

If we play with two defensive midfielders and a 10 we would need a lot more pace a quality than we've had in the squad this season.