+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

Re: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh I am more than happy to get stuck in if necessary

Especially with you and your little warriors
    I don't know a single person that posts on here.

Wouldn't it make more sense from your holier than thou perspective not to engage? Then you'd have a leg to stand on. Now you're just the same as the people you are calling names, because you've engaged in the same behaviour, whatever excuse you want to make for it.

I am off up Maerdy res to walk the dog. Guarantee this thread will be locked or removed by the time I get back for a coffee.

Re: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

People like Luton because they're having a go. Every time we came up against a decent team we rolled over. Watford? They ****ing destroyed us. Chelsea beat us. So it was 3 points dropped not 2. And 3 of the points that got us to within 2 of Brighton were won when we were already relegated. We spent the last 11 weeks of the season in 18th place. Warnock did not "almost keep us up". He got us relegated. Just like we thought he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    You were forcibly sat down on the naughty step.
    Oh no I wasn't x

I don't know a single person that posts on here.

Wouldn't it make more sense from your holier than thou perspective not to engage? Then you'd have a leg to stand on. Now you're just the same as the people you are calling names, because you've engaged in the same behaviour, whatever excuse you want to make for it.

I am off up Maerdy res to walk the dog. Guarantee this thread will be locked or removed by the time I get back for a coffee.
    Don't get lost or anything

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People like Luton because they're having a go. Every time we came up against a decent team we rolled over. Watford? They ****ing destroyed us. Chelsea beat us. So it was 3 points dropped not 2. And 3 of the points that got us to within 2 of Brighton were won when we were already relegated. We spent the last 11 weeks of the season in 18th place. Warnock did not "almost keep us up". He got us relegated. Just like we thought he would.
    Do you use that arguement for every football game played under every manager ?

Because unless you do then even man City etc have seasons when they win ....or lose something by a referee mistake or a decision made by the manager

You can't have the penny and the bun

Oh I am more than happy to get stuck in if necessary

Especially with you and your little warriors
    Go and hide in Mothercare you wet blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Go and hide in Mothercare you wet blanket.
    Those were the days

Long before your time

It was all dancing behind invisible walls by the time you stopped sucking your thumb

Those were the days

Long before your time

It was all dancing behind invisible walls by the time you stopped sucking your thumb
    If you say so Linus.

If you say so Linus.
    Well you would know about days we nearly came unstuck like Exeter and Lincoln if you were there

X

Well you would know about days we nearly came unstuck like Exeter and Lincoln if you were there

X
    You used to carry clecks to the police ive been told.

You used to carry clecks to the police ive been told.
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ay-games/page3

Northampton

Were you watching from the hot dog fan ?

That got turned over

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ay-games/page3

Northampton

Were you watching from the hot dog fan ?

That got turned over
    Been to Northampton twice. Once to the old cricket ground, a Friday night game in our promotion season under Eddie May. We won 2-1 I think and Rogger Gibbins come over to ask fans to calm down after invading the pitch.

The 2nd time a very eventful evening 1997 second leg play off. Fair to say Cardiff did not have it their own way on or off the pitch that night.

Been to Northampton twice. Once to the old cricket ground, a Friday night game in our promotion season under Eddie May. We won 2-1 I think and Rogger Gibbins come over to ask fans to calm down after invading the pitch.

The 2nd time a very eventful evening 1997 second leg play off. Fair to say Cardiff did not have it their own way on or off the pitch that night.
    I couldn't agree more

It was like zulu on that slope

Don't get lost or anything
    8 miles. Dog loved it. Saw a fella on the way back, near the car who was doing 27 miles. Fair play to the old fella that's a cracking effort. My dog is already snoring her little head off. ****ed.

Word is you get lost in the aisles at mothercare

8 miles. Dog loved it. Saw a fella on the way back, near the car who was doing 27 miles. Fair play to the old fella that's a cracking effort. My dog is already snoring her little head off. ****ed.

Word is you get lost in the aisles at mothercare
    If you are working so hard as you always tell us then how come on a Tuesday afternoon you can naff off around a lake up the valleys for four hours ?

It's the dog I feel sorry for but at least it can have a doze and a rest from you for a few hours

If you are working so hard as you always tell us then how come on a Tuesday afternoon you can naff off around a lake up the valleys for four hours ?

It's the dog I feel sorry for but at least it can have a doze and a rest from you for a few hours
    Excellent time management skills.

Do you use that arguement for every football game played under every manager ?

Because unless you do then even man City etc have seasons when they win ....or lose something by a referee mistake or a decision made by the manager

You can't have the penny and the bun
    We didn't lose because of a decision by a referee. We got relegated because the manager was completely out of his depth. And he didn't lose 1 or 2 games he lost 24.

We didn't lose because of a decision by a referee. We got relegated because the manager was completely out of his depth. And he didn't lose 1 or 2 games he lost 24.
    So every time a managers team gets relegated from the Premier league .....even if its just by a few points .....the manager is completely out of his depth ?

What's your criteria?

So every time a managers team gets relegated from the Premier league .....even if its just by a few points .....the manager is completely out of his depth ?

What's your criteria?
    No. But Warnock certainly was. Do I really have to list criteria? Just look at his record. It speaks for itself.

No. But Warnock certainly was. Do I really have to list criteria? Just look at his record. It speaks for itself.
    How many points were we adrift of safety ?

Completely out of his depth would be Nathan Jones or the current sheff United boss ?

I feel that after we deservedly won at Brighton, most people supporting other clubs would have backed us to stay up. However, Warnock has admitted himself he got his selection and tactics wrong in the very winnable match at doomed Fulham with those who believe such things alleging his substitutions were more down to who a player’s agent was.

Trying to be even handed about this, I would argue that Warnock’s “plucky little Cardiff” line was partly responsible for a disastrous first three months of the season (admittedly we did have several very testing fixtures during this time). Then we had a spell of about five months where we won enough matches to almost claw back the gap with Brighton and you can’t just say that Warnock played no part in that improvement, but we then got that Fulham game all wrong and we lost what was a winnable home game against a Palace team with nothing to play for and so all of that good work was undone.

I think there are plenty of other managers who have been more out of their depth than warnock in the top flight

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I feel that after we deservedly won at Brighton, most people supporting other clubs would have backed us to stay up. However, Warnock has admitted himself he got his selection and tactics wrong in the very winnable match at doomed Fulham with those who believe such things alleging his substitutions were more down to who a player’s agent was.

Trying to be even handed about this, I would argue that Warnock’s “plucky little Cardiff” line was partly responsible for a disastrous first three months of the season (admittedly we did have several very testing fixtures during this time). Then we had a spell of about five months where we won enough matches to almost claw back the gap with Brighton and you can’t just say that Warnock played no part in that improvement, but we then got that Fulham game all wrong and we lost what was a winnable home game against a Palace team with nothing to play for and so all of that good work was undone.
    I think that's why it's remembered the way it is.

We didn't even have any heartbreak. Not like we had tight or exciting games v fulham or Palace. Had they been nail biting games with late goals etc it may have been seen as heartbreak or disappointment. Instead it wasn't. Just non events of games where it felt we were done and didn't turn up. Strange.

I think there are plenty of other managers who have been more out of their depth than warnock in the top flight
    Has he ever kept a side in the top flight, let alone established them in the division?

Hes a second division manager. Always has been.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

He lost his top signing and felt some guilt no doubt, that flight ended our season in two ways we lost the 2nd best french goal scoring striker (for the first half of that season) and it affected Warnock and derailed our season.

If he had taken a regular flight and missed a few hours of training we would have stayed up and done miles better than Luton.