+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

LOL it was painful both times

Re: Looking at Burnley shef United and Luton did we actually do quite well in the Premier under warnock

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    LOL it was painful both times
    I suppose that's my point. It feels like we were one of the worst premier league teams of all time both times as we were so far out of our depth.

Yet we did get 68 points in the 2 seasons. That's about 50 more than it feels like. Many teams have done far far worse including in 2019 when Huddersfield came 18 points below us. Yet the narrative wouldnt show cardiff as giving it any more of a go than Huddersfield. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I suppose that's my point. It feels like we were one of the worst premier league teams of all time both times as we were so far out of our depth.

Yet we did get 68 points in the 2 seasons. That's about 50 more than it feels like. Many teams have done far far worse including in 2019 when Huddersfield came 18 points below us. Yet the narrative wouldnt show cardiff as giving it any more of a go than Huddersfield. Strange.
    I think we were one of only a few sides to ever get relegated with 10 wins. Much like this season, we couldn't get some draws instead of defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think we were one of only a few sides to ever get relegated with 10 wins. Much like this season, we couldn't get some draws instead of defeats.
    Go on then Eric- how many teams have gone down with more than the 10 wins we had?

However like I say my point is all I hear is how Well Luton have done with their 5 wins but we won 10 and warnock (more than the club).is seen as nothing but being well out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Go on then Eric- how many teams have gone down with more than the 10 wins we had?

However like I say my point is all I hear is how Well Luton have done with their 5 wins but we won 10 and warnock (more than the club).is seen as nothing but being well out of his depth.
    I think a lot of their favourable coverage comes from the fact that Luton were non-league a few years ago, and the fact that their ground is traditional and a bit quirky. Saying that, I was surprised to see how few points Luton have given how much they get mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I think a lot of their favourable coverage comes from the fact that Luton were non-league a few years ago, and the fact that their ground is traditional and a bit quirky. Saying that, I was surprised to see how few points Luton have given how much they get mentioned.
    And the fact theyve given nearly all of the big boys a bloody nose, particularly at home, and if they do go down have gone down fighting and having a go.