Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I think that a common mistake us fans make is that when we see a player produce a moment of brilliance like Tanner did against Swansea, we can automatically think that they can do it on a regular basis, or the equivalent of on a consistent basis. They can't, and that's the difference between good players and average to poor, Consistency. Also, good players find a way to show quality. That doesn't mean that they wouldn't show more in a team where things are in their favour for their ability to show through, but nevertheless, they still show it, because good players usually have a brain.

One thing I hate on here is the excuses trotted out for players who don't perform or who continue to make the same mistakes time after time. It really is in them. We have all seen good players in poor teams over the years and they still stand out, they still make a difference, they have that intelligence and ability as well as work rate. And I would also say that good players don't make excuses or blame others , because that's a weakness of character. Taking responsibility is up there with the highest of talents, and that's what the best players do, or anyone that's any good in their field.
Well said Dennis.