+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread.

Football is fun again

Could be a lot learned today 🤞

Southampton should have been out of sight at half time but that was one of the best and most enjoyable second halves I've watched all season

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes but it's only 1. They will be getting twitchy.

2-1 city.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON. Match thread.

Maybe Bulut will now start to listen to those who deem themselves wiser........

Although some on loan it goes to show this is a good squad and Bulut is a coach worth giving a second season. If we can play like this we can finish top ten as we don’t have the stress anymore. Let them play, see what they can do.

Top ten is respectable. I opt for stability and a second chance for Bulut. Hopefully today hehas learned he can trust the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    8/1? Wow

I was just going to say I think Southampton Will bottle it today. Everyone expects them to win easily but they will bottle it. Us having injuries is good if it forces bulut to actually do something different so I'm more positive knowing some of the younger ones will have to play.

2 1 city.

YES Cardiff win 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Although some on loan it goes to show this is a good squad and Bulut is a coach worth giving a second season. If we can play like this we can finish top ten as we don’t have the stress anymore. Let them play, see what they can do.

Top ten is respectable. I opt for stability and a second chance for Bulut. Hopefully today hehas learned he can trust the kids.
    The side he picks for the last two games will be key for me. I really hope he doesn't revert to type and bring back those who have underperformed so badly this season.

Ralls magnificent- not sure I've seen a better individual performance from any City player this season.

Some may say it was a ‘masterclass’

Today showed we can play these kids.

Much better, much more direct and confident.

Hopefully we won't see Bowler and Grant again this season and give Ashford, Colwill and Cone ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Turnbull done nothing to show he’s a starting player next season, he was crap
    Why am I not surprised to read this?

He has contributed absolutely zero since joining and yet some people claim that he is a neat and tidy footballer.

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

He has contributed absolutely zero since joining and yet some people claim that he is a neat and tidy footballer.

Bizarre.
    He is exactly that neat and tidy but it’s clear he’s struggling at the moment. I thought he looked bright when on but as a 10 he needs to do a lot more than he has, I’m just not sure he was ever needed. I won’t write him off but to say he’s been underwhelming is an understatement.

Just got back - one of the most exciting games in years. Youngsters looked assured, and almost everybody in a City shirt played a blinder. And yes, i'm prepared to change my mind on Bulut !

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    We had a row back in 2007 and we haven't spoken in years. if only he would listen.

Atleast we can call this our positive. I didn't see the game so know nothing about individual performances, but it's great to see Ashford doing well and the other two lads who did well. It gives us something to hold onto for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The side he picks for the last two games will be key for me. I really hope he doesn't revert to type and bring back those who have underperformed so badly this season.
    Just shows really how inept the running of the club is, wastes millions on loans when we probably have more committed talent here already…look what that waste of space Robinson has cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Today showed we can play these kids.

Much better, much more direct and confident.

Hopefully we won't see Bowler and Grant again this season and give Ashford, Colwill and Cone ago.
    You would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Bizarre.
    And he's blocking the progress of Rubin, who clearly is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    We played very well today, but let's not ignore the fact that we could have easily conceded 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We played very well today, but let's not ignore the fact that we could have easily conceded 6 or 7.
    Cardiff did what they often do. They have a game plan, they stick to it and they work their socks off. They strangled Southampton. They barely gave them any time or space. If you can't beat them at their own game you have to find another way. And they did.